YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Gedemon, I've tested seven games as Japan (two of which the AI played) and it's not looking good. I think the landmass is going to need to be increased. It's a 1.5 city island in Civ6. There's not enough room for any decent amount of districts, let alone improvements or wonders. Even if you put luxuries and resources on 80% of the tiles, Japan falls behind extremely fast. Not being able to expand, until almost medieval era, and limited to pretty much 1 non-useless city hurts really bad when there is no room to build tall. I'll do England next.

Reactions: PKL
The greatest earth runs fine but the giant earth is always in the wrong starting position...
On alpha 3 ?

Could you provide your Lua.log after starting a game ?

Dam nice looking map BTW!
You'll have to thanks djvandyke for that one !

A bit bigger and I could see some nice WWII scenarios on that map...

So, the land plot positions are the same as in the Civ5 Worldbuilder? Numberwise?

Edit: Is it correct that the entire part of a tile will be cliffs, when it borders on a water tile (of course depending on the direction)?
yes, the position of the plots are the same for civ5/civ6

I suppose it takes one side of the hexagon (1/6)

Gedemon, I've tested seven games as Japan (two of which the AI played) and it's not looking good. I think the landmass is going to need to be increased. It's a 1.5 city island in Civ6. There's not enough room for any decent amount of districts, let alone improvements or wonders. Even if you put luxuries and resources on 80% of the tiles, Japan falls behind extremely fast. Not being able to expand, until almost medieval era, and limited to pretty much 1 non-useless city hurts really bad when there is no room to build tall. I'll do England next.
thanks, both map ?

Second test run with Greatest Earth:- Quit to Main Menu to start a second test, at the Advance Setup the default value for Culturally Linked Start is missing the localised text as are the Localised names for the new Map sizes. Going to close and restart Civ 6.

EDIT:

Rebooting fixed the local Text.

yes, the position of the plots are the same for civ5/civ6

I suppose it takes one side of the hexagon (1/6)

thanks, both map ?

Ok, so the directions are the following 6, I assume:

Northwest
Southwest
North
South
Northeast
Southeast

Second Greatest Earth Test:

• Sumeria started in Northern Italy. (Random Start for them I think?)
  • Norway started 2 tiles from france. (Random start for these also?)
  • Hattusa started right on top of Germany. (2 Tiles away)
  • Kongo started in Brazil (Possible luck placement first time round and they are also been randomised?)
  • Jakarta started 2 tiles from Egypt.
  • Scythia started right on India.
  • Beuenois Aries started right on Japan.

Last edited:
Can you change the start position of England more in the north? (Giant Earth)

Attachments

• Frankreich.jpg
    Frankreich.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 169
Ok, so the directions are the following 6, I assume:

Northwest
Southwest
North
South
Northeast
Southeast
to be precise (and the code needs to be :) )

Code:
        DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTHEAST
        DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_EAST
        DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTHEAST
        DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTHWEST
        DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_WEST
        DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTHWEST

Can you change the start position of England more in the north? (Giant Earth)
It's one tile above the settler on the right, you're seeing bonuses units I think

Third Test with Greatest Earth:
  • Sumeria started around Las Vegas.
  • Norway started in Austraila (Perth, same spot as Scythia in Test One)
  • Scythia started in North Syria.
  • Kongo started on top of Spain.
These 4 must be getting randomised.

Brussels started on top of India.

Need me to test more?

Sorry to ask something so obvious, but how do I download the alpha 3 version? The download now link seems to download the previous upload. Thanks

to be precise (and the code needs to be :) )

Code:
DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTHEAST
DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_EAST
DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTHEAST
DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTHWEST
DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_WEST
DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTHWEST

Nice, I will start with the British Isles of the Giant Earth and provide you a .txt file with the data - on a pilot basis. I don't know how long it'll take, but it should be completed sometime this week (working full-time atm).

Last edited:

On alpha 3 ?

Could you provide your Lua.log after starting a game ?

Its the latest version. It is either a random start for england or the map is blank with no units.... Greatest is fine but england is way too small :(

the update doesn't takes the new files...

edit: should be fixed, please confirm (GiantEarth.lua time stamp in the zip should be 2016-10-26 18:31

Last edited:
Unable to change Map Size away from Small. No other option is possible to choose. They are there at the drop-down meny, but they will not be chosen. Small Map keeps being the selected one.
I tried all the other Size options..

But are looking forward to getting this Mod to work! Just what Im looking for now :)
Keep up the good work!

Unable to change Map Size away from Small. No other option is possible to choose. They are there at the drop-down meny, but they will not be chosen. Small Map keeps being the selected one.

But are looking forward to getting this Mod to work! Just what Im looking for now :)
Keep up the good work!

You don't need to change the map size, try load a game and it should work

Two Greek Nations doesn't work. Preslaw it´s to near too

Attachments

• Griechenland.jpg
    Griechenland.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 144
The upload should be fixed, I'd like someone else to check ((GiantEarth.lua time stamp in the zip should be 2016-10-26 18:31)

Keep up the good work!
In advanced or normal setup ?

This is when I start as England
You're right, thanks, in my game the AI had decided to move north (who said it's not smart :D )
Spoiler :

Top Bottom