YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

This problem is in Normal Setup.
But if I change to Advanced Setup I dont get the option to change Map Size until I choose Reset Defaults. Then I get the option to change Map Size (and a few other options is also becoming available then) and it seem to be working then. Have not tried starting a game yet with the different options to see how it can be different in-game. (But I do get the game to start in all variants of options that I tried).

In Normal Setup:
It seems as Im able to change the Map Size as long as I change it before I try changing the Map Type.
But some times the (shown) text in the drop down meny is missing and only the coded text is visible. This seem to be missing if I change around in the meny/screen, changing from one meny/screen to the other. When I then get back to the setup screen with the map options the text Im supposed to see is missing and I only see the coded capital text. (hope you understand which text I mean?)

You don't need to change the map size, try load a game and it should work
But I want it super huge ;) I have been able to load this map earlier, but from the short time I tried it it seemed as I was starting a totally other place than in Norway.. Which is what I now want to test over again..

Please change China from the Peking area to Xian area

<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_CHINA</Type>
<X>80</X>
<Y>59</Y>
</Row>

Attachments

• China.jpg
    China.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 395
  • China 2.jpg
    China 2.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 244
please add oasis to (37/42). Arabia need fresh water :king:

Attachments

• Arabien.jpg
    Arabien.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 259
I'll change that thanks (edit: for Xiang first, Oasis is a bit more difficult)

Anyone already tested this with i5 6500 and GTX 1060 6gb? Man, so excited to play this. Can wait to get home and download. Hope will run good with my specs. If anyone had the same spec (i5 6500, GTX 1060 and 16gb RAM), pls, say how ii run. Thanks guys.

Added a to do list in the second post, please check if I've missed something from the previous suggestions (must have)

Please change Russia from the Moskau area to St. Petersburg area

<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA</Type>
<X>31</X>
<Y>78</Y>
</Row>

Attachments

• Russland.jpg
    Russland.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 131
AFAIK there are no ethnicity for North America in the game yet.

Interesting. What ethnicity is Teddy Roosevelt? I mean, we are mostly European these days, but certainly we should start over there.

I need to figure out how to dig into the default data files.

Great project, looks like its making a ton of progress already.

Please change Russia from the Moskau area to St. Petersburg area

<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA</Type>
<X>31</X>
<Y>78</Y>
</Row>
Not sure about that one, but it has reminded me to add the cities auto-naming in the todo list...

Interesting. What ethnicity is Teddy Roosevelt? I mean, we are mostly European these days, but certainly we should start over there.

I need to figure out how to dig into the default data files.

Great project, looks like its making a ton of progress already.
EURO for the game, and I don't want to change the city style to SOUTHAM.

Anyway that problem was solved with the introduction of TSL.

Gedemon, anyway you can tell the UI to make sure there are 20 slots on the Giant Earth Map for Hotseat? It somehow went down to 8 = (

How can I edit this map? Is this possible so I can change tiles?
So if I wish to modify the tiles (say make Italy one tile longer) how could I do this?

Last edited:
Is TSL ready for custom civs? And what are instructions to do so?
Assuming you have a mod working, for the Giant Earth, in <UpdateDatabase>:
HTML:
<GameInfo>
    <GiantEarth_StartPosition>
        <Replace>
            <Civilization>CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV</Civilization>
            <X>155</X>
            <Y>64</Y>
        </Replace>
     </GiantEarth_StartPosition>
</GameInfo>
(and <GreatestEarthMap_StartPosition>)

and in the modinfo (but I don't know if References are working like civ5 or working at all)
HTML:
  <References>
     <Mod id="36e88483-48fe-4545-b85f-bafc50dde315" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" />  
  </References>

Anyone else having trouble getting the TSL to work?

After applying the mod, I'm starting a game, then changing map size to Loc_Ludicrous, going to advanced setup, and instead of the TSL option, I get 3 choices, reading something like LOC_DEFAULT_XXX.

Game isn't taking too long to load though, just enough time to make coffee. But I knew something was off when I had ivory on my Russia start.

"Ludicrous" is a size for mapscripts (continent, pangea, fractal, ...), not a map.

Do you plan on adding in real continent, subcontinent, and microcontinent names aka Europe is called Europe, Asia is called Asia, India is called India, Arabia is called Arabia, Madagascar is called Madagascar etc?

I plan an option to import the civ5 continents from a map, but your idea of renaming/using civ6 continents is good.

So I played an altered version of Gaint Earth where i took TSL's that are sort of correct and added all the civs (only 1 Greece). Here are some screens from play-through at turn 101. As you can see Europe is crazy busy and most other areas are either empty or overrun with barbarians. Also Ireland is crazy full of barbs which i found amusing.

I only had slow down at turns 5 -15 when the barbs were all spawning at the same time, probably 45 - 60 seconds a turn but then leveled out to 10 seconds a turn. At around turn 60 or so things started to slow down some more, probably 30 seconds a turn. No errors, no crashes. It was actually super enjoyable to push the French back to the choke point that Spain has. A few civs died mostly in Europe but nothing too insane. As well i turned off goody huts which seem to help wit lag which was weird.

I think adding more civs waaaay down the line will fix many many emptiness problems. barbs also need some sort of scaling down as time goes on but that's another problem all together.

just thought i'd share

Civ6Screen0014.jpg Civ6Screen0015.jpg Civ6Screen0016.jpg Civ6Screen0017.jpg

Top Bottom