YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

thanks.

small update on Steam/gitHub
Code:
- add Expansion2Maps (and Expansion3Maps) domains to the Mods base maps

edit: no needs for more logs

Last edited:
Could anyone search for "TerrainBuilder.SetWOfRiver" in the 2nd expansion files and tell me how many argument it requires ?

Hi,

I can't start a game with Terra Map at Ludicrous size (or any size, actually).
The game goes back to main screen with Error 5C1317D7.

Logs attached.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    22 KB · Views: 203
Hi,

I can't start a game with Terra Map at Ludicrous size (or any size, actually).
The game goes back to main screen with Error 5C1317D7.

Logs attached.
Thanks, I'll try to have a look at the Terra Map this WE. For now I'll try to work on the Giant Earth.

hope it's the right one
Yep it is.

So they've added rivers ID, make sense with the naming system.

But the way they've added it... My way of creating maps (specifically rivers) from a table of plots without following a river path... That may be tricky to fix.

Another update to test on GitHub/Steam, not sure if it will work...
Code:
- dirty fix for real maps with GS : give the same ID to all rivers

Thanks !

No ETA for a real fix, can you disable Rivers name display ?

Hi Gedemon. When configuring a game, there is a repetition about resources; I mean, there is your voice "Resource Placement" and "Resource" of the vanilla game.
P.S. I'm trying the updated Github version.

• Some choices like whether the Bosphorus strait should be closed or not etc.

Hi y'all.
I'm searching myself into oblivion but can't find any good explanations. So why is there the option to close the Bosphorus?
It's a vital point to get to the Black Sea, so why would you like to close it?

Also, while you're here: is there any in-depth guide on the YNAMP pack, option wise, that you guys would refer to?
I'm new to Civ6 and it's way more complicated than V and the other old ones – which is good, but also getting up to speed fast (work/family etc) is nerve racking! ^^

And on that account: a HUGE 'Thank you Sir!' to Gedemon & Co.
Loved your work in V, which brought me back to the series because it's so damn immersive to play on a well balanced 'real' earth.

As Takules said it a few posts earlier: 'Civilization 6 is incomplete without your work.'

Gedemon I think this could be very helpful. I tried a game with every civs on Giant Earth. Here you can see if something is wrong.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    3.7 MB · Views: 114
Thanks guys.

Another small update on Steam/gitHub, should allow random maps generation, including the Terra Map
Code:
- deactivate custom "AddFeature" function as it seems incompatible with GS

Maori isn't starting in the right place. As Maori must start in an ocean tile (according to the civ description), I suggest you to set Maori settler in a water tile near the TSL (Hawaii). In this way the description is respected and, using the ability of Maori units of non spending movement cost for boarding/landing, this civ could settle in the first game turn. Obviously, this is only my opinion. Thanks in advance.

The TSL I gave Gedemon should be starting Kupe in an ocean tile northeast of New Zealand; where are they showing up for you?

Gedemon I think this could be very helpful. I tried a game with every civs on Giant Earth. Here you can see if something is wrong.

Thanks for sharing :)

I am trying to start a game with everybody + maximum City States on Giant Earth.
Couldn't start any game until I looked into your log file and noticed that you started and game with 0 City states.

So I tried that - and it worked.
I guess there's a problem in placing some new CS on the map (maybe more than 1), or maybe it's a memory problem only.
For me CS are a must, so I tried to set CS up to 22 and it also worked (yep, took me some time....). When I set it up to 32 or more - it crashes to desktop when the game starts (turn 1).

Hope this helps anyone.

I will play a game as Maori and see if I pop up in the right spot.

Okay, can confirm now. as the Maori I started in the middle of Africa. While this is an interesting alternate history, it isn't really what I wanted lol. Double check that code and make sure it is actually picking up the Maori civilization correctly (And thus not randomly placing me) or check if the coordinates are right. I second Seeling Cat's suggestion on putting their start in the ocean to the northwest of New Zealand. That is where most makes sense.

Edit: The TSL may be fighting an ocean spawn too. I don't know how it works.
Edit #2: Oh geez. Mali looks to be in close to the right spot (Their city name is Banora, I don't know if that is where their TSL is). But Eleanor spawned in the middle of Africa with me. I don't think this is just a Maori problem. Add on top of this that none of the other Gather Storm civs are actually letting me look at their UI. It is all glitched and seethrough. YNAEMP is the only mod I am using.

Last edited:
Top Bottom