You and your friends

Mr. Dictator

A Chain-Smoking Fox
So last night, me and my friends met up and played a little game of Settlers of Catan to quietly kill a sunday night, and it got me thinking.

We occasionally play by what we call "Capitalist Rules" which is just a little fun thing for us where we speak in old robber baron accents and crack jokes about the free market and such and sip scotch.

Well, it got me wondering what other little things other groups of friends do out there.

I sleep with mine.

I dont have any friends

I'm a big fan of live comedy. We get a shockingly high calibre of weekly comics given how <boring> Calgary is as a city.

As for drinking games, we play a lot of chase quarters, sociables, and a game called Hoe Down which all the cool Engineers know, but aren't allowed to talk about. I've also been known to play a lot of Euchre, as well as the assorted game of Risk and Axis and Allies, plus I have a mint condition A&A type game called Luftwaffe that I was given as a joke gift.

We grill/bar-be-que a lot. There's a lot of quiet things we do, like go into D.C. and walk around or just sit near the Washington Monument and talk. And pool parties with the baby pool. Other days, we party together at someone's house. And with the dudes, NBA Street 2 like every night.

With my friends at school, a whole lot of drinking and watching TV. And occasionally homework, but mostly drinking games.

Dungeons and Dragons!

Usually head out to Dinner. Or yeah, have a BBQ where deliberately insane volumes of meat that can't possibly be consumed in less than a week are cooked... think we're up to "Meatfest XIX"...

Watch AFL every now and then. Occasionally we'll all get together and LAN/Boost Achievements in TF2 while the WAGs do their own thing.

We're pretty boring really, but we're getting older, so the pub crawls, weekend-long LANs and marathon "Iron Chef Drinking Game" all-nighters are pretty much history... A lot of us have got married/kids etc...

Play video games. Go to cinema. Go to pub or house and get drunk. Watch sporting events of the now. Play sports football/tennis. Go to curry house etc etc.

Top Bottom