Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Attacko

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • myself (post your name as comment)

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

nishant1911

*hugs*
it seems like 'the best civ4 player' thread was put out too noobish. you obviously cannot underestimate the original legends of civ4 whose strategies and gambits we are currently playing. And you obviously cannot tell which was better player without some sort of CQ (civilization quotient) system.

so here i am with a much easier choice.
vote for the player you liked the most.:goodjob:

As a player, I evidently prefer myself as none of those can play for me, but, as a storyteller, it is easy: Madscientist, classic era.

My favourite players are Aron Nimzowitsch for brilliant strategic play and Aleandr Alehin for beautiful attacking constructions. They aren't in your poll. :p

My favourite players are Aron Nimzowitsch for brilliant strategic play and Aleandr Alehin for beautiful attacking constructions. They aren't in your poll. :p

i haven't heard of them , but good thing you have posted here.
those who don't see their favourites here can post their names here.
(there weren't enough options in poll to accommodate them all).

Nimzovich was a great player and teacher of strategy, but he has been dead for 75 years.

I think this poll is kinda silly (but, of course, I still contribute). I tend to lean toward the players that have taken the time to be instructional and just help out overall. I certainly enjoy the creativity of folks like Mad, but Kossin and TMIT tend to come to mind as players whose posts I tend to seek out and listen too. I'm sure there are great older players that are worthy but I'm just not as familiar with as I've only been around about a year.

I voted for Kos, but TMIT comes close (you gotta love when TMIT gets mad at the game - ass rape!!!)

After pondering a lot, I decided to choose ABCF . He surely is a really great player and i learned a lot of him ( His Warlords Brennus game is by itself a manual of warmongering ). This without demerit to all the others in this poll, except for attacko/troytheface ( that isn't even good enough to cover his cheats in his suposed walkthroughs :p )

BTW I should be probably one of the weakest players in this poll :cry:

Neal isn't on here :(

I don't really know who to chose. TMIT games are fun to watch, but Kossin's games games have gotten me up to monarch pushing on emperor.

From favorite to least favorite
unconquered sun
the rook
themeinteam
Snaaty
sisutil
Silu and jfleme duo (siluleme)
shyuye
Rusten
r rolo1
Oyzar
obsolete
multineer
madscientist
kossin
Jesusin
Jeffa
duckweed
dirk1302
davemcw
Attacko
ABigCivFan

They were chess players, in times when computers did 1 operation per second and there were no any databases.

They were chess players, in times when computers did 1 operation per second and there were no any databases.

Easy now, people might have said the same thing about you until you came out of retirement recently to once again dominate the civ world here ;).

Well... I've heard that Tal has great tactics, many people have applauded him, but unfortunately, my low skill made me unable of understanding the beautiful subtleties in his plays. :( In Nimzo's games, though I wouldn't be able to do that, I could understand what was happening to a certain extent, and Alehin's crushing blows are easy to understand. (You're left wondering "how did he do that?", but you see the blows being struck)

Morphy's games are funny.

~~~

Anyway, back on topic, I'd say dalamb is one of my favourite players, because he's hosted some of the NC games and helped me improve. He's a prince/monarch player, but then again, you've asked for favourite.

I also like some of the high level players that have helped me improve, but they get enough publicity as it is. :p

This is a tough one. Haven't been much around lately but Sisiutil ALC got me up to Prince then the games of Mad and Neal helped me to get to Monarch. Then after a break of few months which was caused by a thing called real-life TMIT's Let's plays helped me to get back on and got just my first Emperor victory. Basically it was impossible to decide so I rolled a die and my vote went to Mad.

Well... I've heard that Tal has great tactics, many people have applauded him, but unfortunately, my low skill made me unable of understanding the beautiful subtleties in his plays. :( In Nimzo's games, though I wouldn't be able to do that, I could understand what was happening to a certain extent, and Alehin's crushing blows are easy to understand. (You're left wondering "how did he do that?", but you see the blows being struck)

Morphy's games are funny.

~~~

Anyway, back on topic, I'd say dalamb is one of my favourite players, because he's hosted some of the NC games and helped me improve. He's a prince/monarch player, but then again, you've asked for favourite.

I also like some of the high level players that have helped me improve, but they get enough publicity as it is. :p

Tal was the most beautiful, creative player of all. There is a great (and humorous) book by him, I highly recommend it. Geller was good too.

On topic, I have to say I have been bowled over by Unconquered Sun's few in-depth contributions, so I'd have to pick him. The Justinian thread and the saves found therein are fascinating and changed the way I look at the game. I need to look into the work of some of these other guys though, I'm sure I can learn a lot from them.

It's a shame there aren't more detailed, demonstrative games being posted these days, although TMIT's videos are excellent.

For sheer entertainment, and instilling a love of civ in me, Mad Scientist is the king. His first series of games were the first thing I discovered on Civfanatics and got me hooked on civ.

Top Bottom