Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 64 41.6%
  • Other

Votes: 42 27.3%

• Total voters
Where's agnostic?

stormbind said:
Also possible that a lot of Christians are simply unsure of where to place their check.

not likely atheists/agnostics make up the majority in off-topic.

Shadylookin said:
not likely atheists/agnostics make up the majority in off-topic.
True. I'm one.

And there is the other option for those who don't like to make a decision or believe in some god who wasn't mentioned.

Catholic! And damn proud to be one!

I'm an atheist, but people here seem to think I'm Muslim. I thought I made enough posts in the earlier religious threads, but perhaps not. My family is Muslim and I go to some of their functions, and I do pray there(so as not to shame my family and myself, as I have had a Mi'saaq), but I absolutely despise some of the things they teach there. They are further splitting the men and women, and one bisaab said that people who weren't islamic were going to hell, even people like Mother Teresa. Men and Women even have doors separating where they eat now.

And I don't care if you think that I'm being a coward for not revealing this, my mother does know, and she approves. I don't feel for my sake she should sacrifice her community, because she does believe, although she disagrees with the things aforementioned.

I voted other; I would think agnosism is the best way to discribe me. Sometime, I think there is a God, and feel like a Christian, other times I have "attacks of doubt." In any case, I don't attend church regularly, only to vist my uncle and his family who har caretakers there.

Um... a tad of bias here? Separate entries for *four* types of Christianity, and yet Judaism is not listed at all? :rolleyes:

I consider myself almost atheistic - but I don't absolutely rule out the existence of a spiritual entity or entities, so I guess I'm not a complete atheist. I am, techincally, a Jew by birth, however, and I still celebrate any Jewish holiday that involves good food and/or presents.

toh6wy said:
I consider myself almost atheistic - but I don't absolutely rule out the existence of a spiritual entity or entities, so I guess I'm not a complete atheist.
Then may I be allowed to label you an agnostic? ;)

Me, I was born and raised Christian-protestantic, and my mom is an ordained church educator. Last year I went to a Folkehøyskole (kind of a one-year private high-school) which had a lot of Christianity in it. During that time I was encouraged to think a lot about religion and christianity, and coupled with my earlier thoughts on the matter, this summer it culminated in me seeing myself as an agnostic. :)

PS: Maybe it was a bit to much off-topic, sorry if that's the case.

Raised & Baptized Catholic, became an Agnostic after my 7th Birthday.

A'AbarachAmadan said:
I was raised Catholic, practiced Lutheran for a while and finally settled on no church. I'm agnostic. I believe Jesus set a great example for us all to follow, but I neither believe/disbelieve he is the son of God, if there is a god.

I would agree with you on that since That is how I precive Jesus is.

stormbind said:
Also possible that a lot of Christians are simply unsure of where to place their check.

More likely that they're all voting for "Other" -- Methodists, Presbyterians and Baptists make up the majority of the US, but none of them are on the poll.

Cuivienen said:
More likely that they're all voting for "Other" -- Methodists, Presbyterians and Baptists make up the majority of the US, but none of them are on the poll.
Would this be a better list to use? Anything missing?

1. Catholic
2. Orthodox
3. Mainstream US Protestant (Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian etc.)
4. Evangelical or Fundamentalist Christian
5. Anglican or other British Christian
6. Hindu
7. Buddhist
8. Sikh
9. Sunni Muslim
10. Shiite Muslim
11. Atheist
12. Agnostic
13. Wicca or other earth mother type
14. Chinese Traditional
15. Japanese Traditional
16. Mormon
17. Other Christian
18. Cult
19. Pagan
20. Other

How many would score "zero"?

Atheism seems to be very common among civ players.

Civ should be banned in Iran (if it isn't already), it is clearly atheistic Trojan Horse ;) :D

Athiesm, although not a religion, should be up there. Some people do not have a religion but believe in a god/divine being/etc., whereas Athiests do not believe in god(s).

Top Bottom