Zerging - Noble level

Winth

Warlord
I'm going to start this SG, and one topic gave me a crazy idea...

We imitate the Zerg from StarCraft! :) Zerg are the race of mindless minions, controlled by Overmind. He created submitted to his will (but intelligent) generals called Cerebrates. Every will of Overmind must be obeyed by Cerebrate. Zerg breed really fast, and though their units are weak, they win with their speed and mass. Zerg, however, assimilate other living creatures to change them to grotesque, horrific monsters. They use their DNA to their advantage. Zerg units morph really fast.

OK, but how can we use this in the game?

Civilization: Joao II (Overmind) (Imperialistic/Expansive - this combination of traits will match two things - Imperialistic the fast breed and expansion of Zerg, and Expansive for faster workers... we will need them :]) of the Zerg Swarm (Aztecs, mainly for their UB).
Level: Noble.
Settings: Fractal or Big & Small (if you wish), low sea level, 6 opponents.
Map size: Standard.
Rules: Unrestricted Leaders.
Variants:
-we must build the cheapest military unit always. That is, first Warrior, then Axeman or Spearman (they are the same cost), then we can't build a Jaguar (unless we've got Copper/Iron busted), then after CS/Machinery, we can't get Macemen :eek: This rule doesn't apply to ships and air units.
-the unit we are forced to build must be from our era! That means, no Warriors in Classical Era, and no Spearmen in Medieval. Jaguar doesn't count. If we can't find a modern replacement yet (we are in Renaissance and still without Gunpowder, etc.), the rule doesn't count until we get the necessary tech and/or resource.
-to build a tile improvement, we MUST sacrifice a worker! :eek: (Zerg Drones die when morphing to something.) This doesn't apply for chopping forests and building roads. See why this is Noble? :crazyeye: Of course, the worker gets sacrificed AFTER he builds the structure. ;)
-we use whip when only possible. And the "when only possible" means it won't stagnate or starve our cities with all the unhappiness. That means if we have plethora happiness, we can whip until the next whip will lead us to happy cap.
-we do not switch from Police State (once we get it) and Slavery (Nationhood later, when unhappiness from Emancipation strucks).
-Conquest or Domination is what Zerg strive to, but they are not opposed to Warp, erm, of course SPACE win ;). Diplomatic victory is bad - we must declare our supremacy ourselves! Cultural is out (Zerg DON'T have culture, but we need some border pops anyway, so we are accepting and limiting the particular thing). Score is acceptable. Petty Terrans, however, get all the victories they wish. Weaklings.
-Wonders are acceptable. Religions (and founding them) are acceptable.
-the favourite tactic of the Zerg is being devious. If it's only possible, we should limit ourselves to the most dastardly and sneaky tactics (Galleon invasions on weaker cities, backstabbing our "ally" we just sent to the fight, worsening the relations between AIs, etc.) - as long as it makes sense. We are not some stupid villains from children stories.
-we should not (if it won't hurt our economy, etc.) miss an opportunity to dogpile someone. If AIs are ganging up against someone, we should steal our cake and eat it, unless it's our ally!
-We want Flight to enable our Airports, err, I mean, Nydus Canals! :king: (That means prioritizing, NOT beelining)

Whew. It's long, and I don't know if someone would even try it! :lol: Just remember, I think it's going to be quite hard. Not very (it's Noble), but quite. Experienced players are welcome.

Save will be later, probably tomorrow.

Spots:
1: Winth
2: qwertz
3: ddrekins
4: open
5: open
6: open

This looks interesting ( lurk mode... simply don't have time :( )

Some questions:
-1 worker slashed by improvement ... ouch. I doubt that you can maintain that pace for a long time ( even with Exp ), unless you go hunt workers. And I hope that doesn't include workboats improvements ( thay already sacrifice themselfs :devil: )

- Does your military rule includes siege? ... IMHO ( already stated in another thread ) the only zerg rush that would work would be one that the zerged units can do collateral damage.

- Map: I think that the best map for this is Archipelago ( not much to do with workers anyway ;) )

1: Well, I calculated a bit "at home". Good expansive city directed to production (about 13-15 hammers minimum) with exp bonus will produce worker at 16 hammers. With forge, it raises up to 20. Worker every three turns doesn't seem ALL that bad, is it? Plus, the food bonus... (Does the Expansive worker bonus apply only to prod? If yes, then my calculation above is correct... If not, it gets better!)

2: Well, I excluded siege units out of the rule, it would be too hard without them. I didn't wrote that? Zerg had Guardians! :)

3: Archipelago? But we don't have those flying Terran Command Centers... :lol: I leave this to the decision of the SG players.

Heh, this looks insane. I'd love to play but I'm leaving the internets in a week or so, for about two weeks. If you put me on perma-skip for a while I'm up for it :)

sounds fun, I'd like to join :), but
-I never played a SG game before, so I can't promise I'll do everythig right :rolleyes:
-I won't be around in the first half of february, so if we don't finish the game until then, I'll need a large skip :(

If you still want me, I'd like to play my first SG ever. :D

I will join you on this but I'm not sure you'll want to accept me. First, I'm only on Noble/Prince difficulty without ridiculous rules and second, this would be my first SG. If those two things don't bug you, I'm willing to give this a shot. (I'll probably be asking a ton of questions along the way though, just to warn you.)

ddrekins - you are up. You must only detail your turns as you only can. Much of text, screens, etc.

Alright, can I take screenshots with the "Print Screen" button? Or do I have to do something else? Also, how many turns are we taking per, uhm, turn?

Yes, you make screenshots with Print Screen. And we will play 30 turns for start, then 20, then 15, then 10 per player. It's because the first turns are a "Press next turn" borefest.

Also, I thought a bit, and came to conclusion that the rule for tile improvement should be changed to "city improvements"... Let's not overkill.

Top Bottom