Adds Benin to the base game.
The Benin or Edo Empire was a large pre-colonial African state in what is now modern Nigeria, Benin, and Togo, centered on the Niger River Delta. While it existed, the Benin Empire was an economic and political power that unified a large number of West African ethnic groups. At their height, the traditional city walls of Benin City are understood to have been one of the largest earthworks in not only Africa, but the world. Today, Benin's cultural legacy survives through the world famous Benin Bronzes, as well as the Oba of Benin who serves as the symbolic leader of the Edo people.
Steam Workshop Link
Gods and Kings Version:
Steam / Civfanatics
- This civilization requires the Brave New World expansion.
- Updates will most likely break saves. Do not update unless you are ready to start a new game.
UA: Shield of the Warrior King: The Defensive Strength of your Cities is increased by 15% and your Capital starts with Walls already constructed. Land units adjacent to an Iya heal +8 HP every turn regardless of previous action.
UU: Isienmwenro: Replaces Pikeman. Ignores enemy Zone of Control. +25% Flank Attack Bonus. +1 Movement if it begins its turn adjacent to an enemy Unit.
UI: Iya: +25% Tile Defense. +1 Gold, +1 Production if built adjacent to a City. +1 Gold, +1 Production after Industrialization is Researched. May only be built on (Grass, Plains, Tundra) Flatlands. May not be built on Resources.
- Iya improvement graphic and icon by Leugi.
- Isienmwenro unit icon by JanBoruta.
- Leader screen by LastSword
- Isienmwenro unit graphic from JTitan's Songhai Pikeman.
- Benin peace and war music taken from the "Rise of Nations" soundtrack.
- All code and art otherwise not listed created by Tomatekh (primary author).
Other modders, feel free to use this civ in any way you want but please give credit.
Benin (Brave New World) v. 61
Benin (Brave New World)
- v. 61 Dec 25, 2016