If you could ask one specific question, what would it be?

anandus

Errorist
In the Twitch-stream of today Kate of 2K said she wanted to give us more information, but it had to be SPECIFIC.

Now I don't know what she meant with that (probably it was just a way to avoid all the questions like "reveal a new civ!"), and she'll probably not answer it (I guess?), but I thought it might be an interesting topic ;)

Maybe if we can get an interesting question, they might be willing to answer? :)
If you want, you can send your question to @2kgames.

So:
If there's a specific question you'd like to ask, what would it be?

I'll start with a specific question about BNW:
"What is the strength value of one of the unrevealed units?"

Tell us what happened to the Pueblo exactly and what was their main issue with Pope (or is it the Pueblo civ as a whole) being included?

As you said, it was just a way to placate all the rabid civ fans in the chat, I think. Firaxis has clearly already decided what info they'll release and when. At least we know we'll get something next week.

Will there be a new civilization using the Asian city-style? I can live with not knowing which one yet, I just want to make sure they haven't neglected that part of the world.

("Will there be an Asian civ" is the wrong question to ask, since Assyria is geographically in Asia.)

In which era do the new Aesthetics and Exploration policy trees become available?

1. Is Human-to-Human diplomacy improved/re-worked for Multiplayer?

2. Is Multiplayer Mod support enabled along with the ability to play Scenarios (mostly Hotseat)

3. Menzie, make a question about your City State theory

4. What are the new 8 Wonders and what do they do?

5. Show us MORE SCREENIES to analyze!

6. Tells us what the mystery resource is!

7. Is Rationalism and Piety still exlusively mutual?

8. Can you Confirm or Deny the existance of Morocco as a civilization and Italy or Venetian Empire as a civilization too?

9. Is International Space Station one of the 8 new wonders or is it a special kind of wonders that ISN'T considered one of the "8 new wonders"

10. Why has the music in all of the Civ videos been placeholder music for leader and main menu when there's about two months left till the releae? Is somebody procrastrinating?

11. What gives with the updated jungle and forest tiles graphics? They look.. fluffier.

12. Is Krakatoa gonna be finally fixed so it spawns within 3 tiles of a Landmass, so we can acctualyl WORK IT for once?

As you said, it was just a way to placate all the rabid civ fans in the chat, I think. Firaxis has clearly already decided what info they'll release and when. At least we know we'll get something next week.

In which case

"Why did you deliberately mislead civ fans on new info?"

What is the name of Unique Ability of the next civ you want to reveal?

Oh, that's a good one. Sounds even more fun than "guess that shadow."

What I would like to ask is very specific:

Will Indonesia (Majapahit, Srivijava, etc.) be included as a Civilization in Brave New World?

I'm most curious about them out of the potential civs.

Guess a runner-up question:

What is the nature of the unit with the Tomahawk icon see in an early promotional screenshot?

Agreed. I don't even know why we are humoring this.
Because it can be fun?

I also highly doubt that they'll answer (if I hadn't made that clear enough), but we can still *think* about it. And maybe even ask the questions.
But mostly just for fun ;)

And to stay ontopic:
"Will there be more units available through ideological tenets, besides the foreign legions?"

Oh, that's a good one. Sounds even more fun than "guess that shadow."

What I would like to ask is very specific:

Will Indonesia (Majapahit, Srivijava, etc.) be included as a Civilization in Brave New World?

I'm most curious about them out of the potential civs.

Guess a runner-up question:

What is the nature of the unit with the Tomahawk icon see in an early promotional screenshot?
Thanks:) I tried to make a srait question, answer on wich would force them to say at least something interesting.

I'm posting my caution from the other thread:

If we want them answered, we should focus on clarifying questions based on what's been revealed, not for revelations like new civs.

In which case

"Why did you deliberately mislead civ fans on new info?"

To be fair they never promised to reveal any new information today, but I do think they mislead us by saying they had 'plenty to talk about'. They know full well that we Civ fans will jump at any opportunity for new information, and that simply by mentioning that they'd say something about BNW they'd have our full attention. Getting us to watch the entire stream, and then, at the very end, say nothing about the game itself was a rather cruel trick. :(

I can only hope that the 'new' stuff they said they'd be revealing over the next 2 weeks will make up for it. A new civ (Morocco perhaps?) revealed on Monday would be a good way of going about it.

In which era do the new Aesthetics and Exploration policy trees become available?

this

8. Can you Confirm or Deny the existance of Morocco as a civilization and Italy or Venetian Empire as a civilization too?

the answer to this question is yes.

also I don't know how to quote properly.

I want to know what they've done to ensure that the late game is more relevant and lasts longer. They've certainly added more stuff to the late game but from what we've seen the tech tree hasn't changed any, just new things added to old techs. If science players can still just skip through to the Information Era once they've reached Plastics then all this neat stuff would be irrelevant.

Top Bottom