Éa, The Ageless and the Divine (phase 2, alpha)

Could someone please post the DebugDatabase for me? (It's in the cache folder after you start the mod.) I can't play the game now (I only have my 12 year old laptop) but I might be able to troubleshoot the Sidhe-can't-build-units bug with this file.

Here is my DebugDatabase as well as a copy of my LuaLog. I hope it helps, and that you and everyone else here has a merry Christmas!

Attachments

• Civ5DebugDatabase.7z
    1 MB · Views: 133
Thanks for the files!

I believe I found the Sidhe unit bug. In CoreUI/ProductionPopup.lua, replace these lines:
Code:
	--Paz add
	local cityRaceType = ""
	if city:GetNumBuilding(BUILDING_MAN) then
		cityRaceType = "EARACE_MAN"
	elseif city:GetNumBuilding(BUILDING_SIDHE) then
		cityRaceType = "EARACE_SIDHE"
	elseif city:GetNumBuilding(BUILDING_HELDEOFOL) then
		cityRaceType = "EARACE_HELDEOFOL"
	end
	--end Paz add
with these:
Code:
	--Paz add
	local cityRaceType = ""
	if city:GetNumBuilding(BUILDING_MAN) == 1 then
		cityRaceType = "EARACE_MAN"
	elseif city:GetNumBuilding(BUILDING_SIDHE) == 1 then
		cityRaceType = "EARACE_SIDHE"
	elseif city:GetNumBuilding(BUILDING_HELDEOFOL) == 1 then
		cityRaceType = "EARACE_HELDEOFOL"
	end
	--end Paz add
It's definitely bad code. This was causing the build queue to show human units in a sidhe city (which they can't build). Should fix the problem.

The OP now has a "HOTFIX a" file that should fix both the GP/workboat and the Sidhe can't build most units problems (I hope). All you have to do is extract the zip in your MODS folder. It will find the files in the appropriate folders and replace them.

Edit: If you post any files below, please let me know which hotfix has been applied in the game you are running ("a" is actually the second hotfix).

Hotfix b

Hotfix b should fix the Druid cult membership bug. A druid should now "join" a cult after performing its founding/spreading ritual. One good thing about this is that the Bloom spell will now be available if your Druid does the Ritual of Leaves (this is the only cult spell I've added so far). I'd be interested in knowing if that works.

Hotfix b won't "fix" an existing save (i.e., your Druid won't retroactively join a cult) but it won't break it either (I think).

Hotifixes are cumulative so you only need the latest one.

Found another great work boat! Using hotfix a (will update to b, now).

When a great person is selected from a popup (first to choose Tradition policy, choose between sage and artist), the class/subclass are swapped.

I am having issues with the game- I am on turn one, I found my city, I choose my production, then I go to choose my research. Nothing shows up- not even after I click the open technology tree button. All that is there is the pipes weaving one tech to another. What is the source of this?

I am having issues with the game- I am on turn one, I found my city, I choose my production, then I go to choose my research. Nothing shows up- not even after I click the open technology tree button. All that is there is the pipes weaving one tech to another. What is the source of this?

Make sure your game is up to date. If you are running in offline mode like I was you will have to let steam update it. If you are bypassing steam you're kind of out of luck.

For me this was fixed simply by downloading the most recent patch for CiV released this fall.

Py, the hotfix did indeed fix the problem with not being able to make fishing boats from workboats and the Sidhe unit issues. I still get a workboat from opening the tradition policy, regardless of whether I choose the sage or the artist it is always a workboat. All other sages/artists function properly (and well), so it's something with this specific event.

I can happily report that the AI are doing much better post hotfix, most if not all of them are getting their civ names (usually around turns 25-35). I suspect they were hiccuping before because the sidhe AI were getting stuck because of the unit building problem.

Make sure your game is up to date. If you are running in offline mode like I was you will have to let steam update it. If you are bypassing steam you're kind of out of luck.

For me this was fixed simply by downloading the most recent patch for CiV released this fall.

I am somewhat bypassing Steam- I don't use it. I have Mac version Civ5 (Campaign Edition) so I don't use Steam. Is there an updated G&K Mac patch that you know of?

I still get a workboat from opening the tradition policy, regardless of whether I choose the sage or the artist it is always a workboat. All other sages/artists function properly (and well), so it's something with this specific event.
Well that told me exactly where to look. In EaUI/EaGenericPopupTradition.lua:
Spoiler :
Code:
-- This popup occurs when a player opens Tradition (and is not getting trait-specific GP from it)
PopupLayouts[ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_MODDER_0] = function(popupInfo)

-- Initialize popup text.	
	SetPopupText("Chose a Sage or an Artist")

-- Initialize 'Sage' button.
	local OnSageClicked = function()
		MapModData.class = "Sage"
		print("OnSageClicked")
		LuaEvents.EaPeopleGenerateGreatPerson(Game.GetActivePlayer(), nil, "Sage")
	end

AddButton("Sage", OnSageClicked)

-- Initialize 'Artist' button.
	local OnArtistClicked = function()
		MapModData.class = "Artist"
		print("OnArtistClicked")
		LuaEvents.EaPeopleGenerateGreatPerson(Game.GetActivePlayer(), nil, "Artist")
	end

AddButton("Artist", OnArtistClicked)

Controls.CloseButton:SetHide( false );

end
Need to swap the class name and the nil in the two LuaEvent calls. I'll get that into the hotfix shortly.

Edit: OK, this should be fixed now in hotfix c.

KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES

Gameplay Bugs
  • Pantheistic civs don't get trade resources from wildlands as intended.

This hack in Terrain.sql allowed me to build the smokehouse using deer improved by wildlands.

Spoiler :
Code:
DELETE FROM Improvement_ResourceTypes WHERE ResourceType IN ('RESOURCE_WHALE','RESOURCE_WINE','RESOURCE_IVORY','RESOURCE_COAL','RESOURCE_OIL','RESOURCE_ALUMINUM','RESOURCE_URANIUM');
INSERT INTO Improvement_ResourceTypes (ImprovementType, ResourceType)
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_WHALING_BOATS', 'RESOURCE_WHALE' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_MINE', 'RESOURCE_COPPER' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_MINE', 'RESOURCE_JADE' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_MINE', 'RESOURCE_MITHRIL' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_MINE', 'RESOURCE_BLASTING_POWDER' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_MINE', 'RESOURCE_NAPHTHA' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_CAMP', 'RESOURCE_ELEPHANT' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_CAMP', 'RESOURCE_BOARS' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_VINEYARD', 'RESOURCE_WINE' UNION ALL
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_GATHERERS_HUT', 'RESOURCE_REAGENTS' UNION ALL
[COLOR="Blue"]SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_WILDLANDS_ANIMAL', 'RESOURCE_DEER' UNION ALL -- added line...[/COLOR]
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_LUMBERMILL', 'RESOURCE_YEW';

Not a hack... that's basically the solution. Just need that for all resources. I'll add the code for these and get hotfix d out in a few minutes.

Edit: Hotfix d is posted. Will break saved games (I think).

Let me know if this makes resources available (tradeable for luxury and strategic) for Pantheists from wildlands. (It's 20 lines of sql, so hopefully I didn't make a typo.)

Let me know if this makes resources available (tradeable for luxury and strategic) for Pantheists from wildlands. (It's 20 lines of sql, so hopefully I didn't make a typo.)

Confirmed for wheat, horses, deer, incense, marble... looks good unless there is a random typo (and you are MUCH better than me if you didn't make at least one!).

Edit:

I'll do a longer play through as Sidhe / Pantheism tonight. I suspect they will now RULE the non-Pantheists, as having those wild forest/jungle on your side and not needing to spend resources on workers is a big advantage. ;)

Hotfix e

• Fixed the problem where chariot archers weren't "living" (so couldn't be affected by Heal or Hurt spell)
  • Halved the risk of death from Lead Charge (was 200% / combat mod; now 100% / combat mod; the morale strength boost is still mod x 5%)
  • Doubled the morale boost from Rally Troops (was mod%; now mod x 2%)
  • Mod prints its version and hotfix version in the Lua.log. (So I don't have to ask what version you are running if you post your Lua.log)

On jungle and marsh, here are the changes I'm considering. This will have to wait for version 2 since I don't trust my ability to code this error free.
  • Jungle can be slash/burned with Bronze Working (still need Iron Working for production from chop)
  • For Man, Jungle and Marsh will be removed from all resource and resource-adjacent plots in the 3-radius starting area.

You should not be seeing these features "spawning out of nothing". They should always spawn next to an adjacent feature. They can also "regenerate" from a plot that once had them (so in this case not necessarily next to an existing feature). Each time they are slash/burned, chopped or drained, their stength goes down 1, meaning they are less likely to spread/regenerate. New spawning features have strength 0, so you should never see a forest/jungle/marsh spread more than 1 tile from what you have at map generation. (This will change later with some nasty pantheistic spells.)

I'll do a longer play through as Sidhe / Pantheism tonight. I suspect they will now RULE the non-Pantheists, as having those wild forest/jungle on your side and not needing to spend resources on workers is a big advantage. ;)

Perhaps. The Agrarian push is still the only way to get 5 or 6 food from non-resource plots, meaning they can grow super big (especially since I haven't implemented disease/plague yet).

Ran a nice long test game. The various fixes have all done the trick.

As for Pantheism domination, it depends. First, if you want to have a strong early game you still need to develop the land a bit. Otherwise you have to go down the policy tree quite a bit to have your improved tiles revert for the bonuses. I will say that IF you don't improve any tiles, keep your pop low to speed up the policy unlocks you slingshot about the time you get your 3rd policy or so.

I've played around a bit with opening tradition first for the artist, but what I'm finding is that the pantheism branch grants enough culture to make it better to push that first, then I use the sage from tradition instead of the artist. Sages are amazing.

I want to try an agrarian test run. Without any sort of Unhealth I am expecting super cities of 15-20 pop (my highest pop pantheism city so far has been 9).

Well, I had this great start as Sidhe, saved the game then tried loading it, and the game crashed. Happened again. Happened a third time. So I'm going to delete the save, then try again with a new game, and I'll get back to you on how that goes. This hasn't happened before to me, but I did just delete a lot of other saves that weren't relevant to this game.

I played about 150 turns as the Sidhe again, mostly because I'd like to see how well I can do a Pantheism game. They seem easier, what with the not having to fight the forests and jungles and all that. Some minor observations:
1) Even after taking all of the policies in the Pantheism tree, I am not able to sell or connect my luxuries. I built a worker just to see if I could improve one of the salts near my capital, but all he could do was build a road. So I'm wondering if anybody else has that problem.
2) the only military units I can build as the Sidhe are Scouts, Hunters and Rangers. I have also never seen the Yew resource on the map, so no archers anyways. Incidentally, I think the recon line should keep their no terrain movement penalty promotion. Otherwise, the map just doesn't get explored; there are too many trees.
3) I suggest removing the barbarian experience cap. There were swarms of them in this game, sometimes popping out two from an encampment that I was besieging before it was destroyed. It makes little sense, anyway, for an XP cap to be there.
4) I'm thinking that it is necessary to research that 1st tier money tech in order to be able to stay solvent, let alone even think of building units. Armies are very expensive when gold bonuses are lacking and you have no resources, luxury or strategic, to sell.
5) For most of the early game my capital was swarmed by barbarians; at one point there were seven visible within 3 tiles of the city, and yet they never attacked. I could have built units to ward them off but I wanted to see if they would attack. They didn't, and I think that's a problem. You should make them more aggressive about attacking cities.

It would be nice if you wrote explicitly that the mod requires Gods & Kings. I don't own it. I wanted to try your mod to give Civ V a chance but I'm not going to buy G&K just for it. I suggest adding a [G&K] to the thread title.
Good luck with your project.

Well, I had this great start as Sidhe, saved the game then tried loading it, and the game crashed. Happened again. Happened a third time. So I'm going to delete the save, then try again with a new game, and I'll get back to you on how that goes. This hasn't happened before to me, but I did just delete a lot of other saves that weren't relevant to this game.

I played about 150 turns as the Sidhe again, mostly because I'd like to see how well I can do a Pantheism game. They seem easier, what with the not having to fight the forests and jungles and all that. Some minor observations:
1) Even after taking all of the policies in the Pantheism tree, I am not able to sell or connect my luxuries. I built a worker just to see if I could improve one of the salts near my capital, but all he could do was build a road. So I'm wondering if anybody else has that problem.
2) the only military units I can build as the Sidhe are Scouts, Hunters and Rangers. I have also never seen the Yew resource on the map, so no archers anyways. Incidentally, I think the recon line should keep their no terrain movement penalty promotion. Otherwise, the map just doesn't get explored; there are too many trees.
3) I suggest removing the barbarian experience cap. There were swarms of them in this game, sometimes popping out two from an encampment that I was besieging before it was destroyed. It makes little sense, anyway, for an XP cap to be there.
4) I'm thinking that it is necessary to research that 1st tier money tech in order to be able to stay solvent, let alone even think of building units. Armies are very expensive when gold bonuses are lacking and you have no resources, luxury or strategic, to sell.
5) For most of the early game my capital was swarmed by barbarians; at one point there were seven visible within 3 tiles of the city, and yet they never attacked. I could have built units to ward them off but I wanted to see if they would attack. They didn't, and I think that's a problem. You should make them more aggressive about attacking cities.

Make sure you read the installation instructions and edit the config files as described. Your crash on corrupted save sounds like a problem Py describes if you don't delete some player settings data that is added to one of the .ini files if you open the advanced settings menu.

Also, your pantheism problem is solved by installing hotfix e, it's in the first post in this thread. Just download it, extract it to your mod folder and overwrite the old Ea files.

It would be nice if you wrote explicitly that the mod requires Gods & Kings. I don't own it. I wanted to try your mod to give Civ V a chance but I'm not going to buy G&K just for it. I suggest adding a [G&K] to the thread title.
Good luck with your project.

G&K is like $14 bucks on steam for the Christmas sale. If you were EVER thinking of giving it a try, it's cheap right now!

Bug: I started building Stonehenge when another civ was almost done with it (might even have been the turn it was finished). From then on forth, I got 150 gold each turn as I was unable to finish stonehenge ... but it never stopped. Easily abused.

Top Bottom