1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.3!

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by OpheliaImmortal, Jun 29, 2010.

1. lordrune

lordrune Prince

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That was sooo not my intention there. :mischief:

:lol: Actually, really was not. It's not like the team didn't discuss all of the changes. :p

As soon as ModDB gets it's act together. The URL for our moddb page has been changed (purposefully, as it was still /fall-further-plus, and links were going to change anyway) to http://www.moddb.com/mods/rife

I'm not uploading to rapidshare. It would last for ten downloads before vanishing, as I do not have an account.

Unfortunately, I have a prior engagement I can't get out of today (helping some family move... fun. And on like 4 hours of sleep, no less. :lol:), so there's not much I can do other than start uploading to WePlayCiv (had it going last night but it failed, twice) and hope for the best.

Yes.

Pretty much, yes. There are just fewer improvements that can be built without a resource; Those like a pasture or plantation now require the resource on the plot.

Ugh. I refuse to put any torrents on this computer, honestly. Too tempting to use it in... other ways. :lol:

Like I said, will work on WePlayCiv. It's pretty bad about having large uploads fail, though, at least in my experience. We'll see.

3. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Hmmm, if you are busy today, why don't let some of the other team members upload the file somewhere else?
    Accounts in rapidshare are free, you can set a collector acc.

Still I'm confused by the new World of erebus script, having different, but you stated that the AI has not been touched, and such, they would be unable to sail to new areas? Is true?

4. Abremms

Abremms Prince

sooooo excited. now i just need to finish the starcraft 2 campaign and free up the weekend!

changes look great, really looking forward to it. I thought i read somewhere that svart's were getting a champion UU in the recon line? maybe that was for one of the other modmods... can't remember. if it wasn't RiFE, then it should be for 1.4! :D

5. Valkrionn

Because the other team members do not have the installer, of course. They have the SVN files, which give them the exact same data, but they would get the installer in the same way everyone else would. And it's not accessible yet. :p

In short: One of the more popular maps is PerfectWorld. Even with crap naval AI. World of Erebus is able to achieve Pangeas, and will never start a civ alone, so honestly it's about as good as you can get for a map of that sort at the moment. There WILL be improvements, but for AI work to be possible you need a firm design base. Which would mean we'd have had to make the unit changes now... Which then rely on tech changes... which then instigates civic, building, and other changes... So no, the AI work has not been done yet. It is simply not possible atm.

6. Opera

Opera Deity

World of Erebus puts all resources together even though some are XML-coded NOT TO appear with others of the same type in the same area (like having, say, only corn & cow in one continent, only sheep on another, etc.)

And yeah, Valkrionn is the boss, he manages the installer.

About the improvements, I guess we will create a new Balance thread, right? We will need one so I can see how the players feel about the changes. I already now that I need to switch the Bison health bonus from the Smokehouse to the Hunting Lodge, since it's now linked with Camps; and I should probably remove the health bonus from HL with Arctic Deer since we're removing it.

Also, we're planning some patches, perhaps some really soon; especially to balance out the Cualli/Mazatl and to rework some civs.

7. scutarii

scutarii King

valk, whatever you do, do it fast: already 14 have downloaded RIFE 1.20 today

do you really, really want to meet lynch mob in the front of your door, demaning "money back"?
    :mad::mad::mad:

8. TiberiousKirk

TiberiousKirk Chieftain

Valkrionn can't do any thing. Yell at the modDB staff. As for 14 people downloading 1.2 (stinks to be them:lol:)then it is their fault for not being able to read.

9. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Some time ago, I've read that Wild mana fixed the Ai not settling in the seas, because ships and settler did not get the AI_SETTLER_Sea, or something like that.
    What I only want for now, is that they, at least settle a island or another continent, not massive amphibious attacks.

10. Valkrionn

On an iPhone here...

Yes, we will have a balance thread.

Scutarii, there is nothing I can do about moddb's issues.

Sjru, that is about 5minutes of XML work. But if the AI does not value the techs and other items correctly it is pointless

11. Kinjiru

Kinjiru Chieftain

12. lordrune

lordrune Prince

You only need to have utorrent installed long enough to seed the file. Once that's done, and enough other people have it, so long as we keep seeding it, its by far the most reliable, fastest - and free - way to host a file. Because its decentralised, you're never going to be hostage to the problems of other sites. Your choice though :)

Well spotted - hopefully the rest of the process will be nice and fast!

13. JujZe

JujZe Chieftain

Awwies :( im tired looking every 5min this thread :(
    (Yup im bored)

14. Valkrionn

I just do not want to use a torrent. For that matter, I can't right now.

As for the weplayciv file, that's linked in the download thread. It's the mirror. :p

15. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

So wait, I don't get it.
    Is the file up or not?

Also, what the mini mods are going to work with 1.3? (if any)
    Becouse the file at WPC is spiting out an error for me when I try to download.

16. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

So any idea if the Weplayciv file is ready to go?

17. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Nope, I tried downloading it and got an error.

18. Valkrionn

The file is up on ModDB, just waiting for it to be approved.

The weplayciv file is uploading. Assuming all goes well, once it says '1.30.100' rather than '1.20', we're good.

19. lordrune

lordrune Prince

I think the upload may have broken the script :)

20. Zai

Zai Chieftain

It has said 1.30.100 for a while, hence the confusion. :p