1.52 Undocumented Patch Changes

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
Patch notes

Thread for undocumented changes....here:

• Domestic advisor now has "Zoom to city" buttons
  • Hotkeys now work on the Science advisor screen (to switch to other advisors)
  • Military advisor now has a "Display individual units" option
  • Gold and Commerce now have seperate icons
  • Many words are now hotlinked to their Civlopedia entry

that's kinda mean, isnt it? "Oh great leader, please allow us to join your masterful civilization, and fill us with hope and joy! Why are there bulldozers at our gates with your name on the side? Oh dear...."

hey it has happened in history

Will somebody post here when they finish a game as a Builder? I'm really interested in seeing if they have made some undocumented changes to fix the scoring. Thanks!

I've earlier made modifications to the speed levels. It seems there have been made two interesting changes here:

A new speed level called Marathon has been introduced twice as slow as Epic.

Both Marathon and Epic have made it faster to train units (compared to research speed), making Epic games more unit heavy.

Charles 22 said:
So are they still incapable of rail use, therefore making them the slowest unit on the map?
At war, they remain the fastest unit in enemy lands by a long shot. But I agree, they ought to be able to use railroads at home. :)

Yes I hadn't thought of using them in enemy land, but then again they're pretty unprotected in order to utilize that ability. They can go out two hexes and attack it, then go back to the SoD.

I noticed that in the unit display in the lower left hand corner, the font is now bigger and it's odd for great people: For great artitst its like this:

name (artist) (great artist)

It will actually extend past the interface window..hmmm is this right?

I got a couple of error boxes when loading the Battle for East Asia scenario. It said the mod directory didn't exist after the game restarted. I double checked in windows explorer and the only thing that was included in my update was the map in the main public maps directory.

The one undocumented change I've noticed is they greatly improve the pain in joining multiplayer games. This reminds me of the good ole days when I first got "Play the World" and found out I couldn't play the world.

Yeah, Firaxis knows about the missing mod. It somehow got left out of the patch, and will be released with the next one, I think.

Another thing I noticed is they have double the chance of a Nuclear Plant exploding. Check it out in the buildingsinfo.xml

Didn't notice this in the patch list, but after dl'ing the patch late last might, I started up a new game, just to make sure things still ran OK.

When I opened the in game options menu to exit the game, I spotted a new option, "Regenerate map", which allows you to quickly spawn a new map if you're not happy with your starting position, without going back to the main menu.

Good stuff.

It seems as if by default, when you start the game it will clear the XML Cache and load it uncached. (Confirmed with one of the new settings in the .ini file).

Top Bottom