1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

2455. When your history teacher tells you the Greeks invented democracy, you burst out in laughter and tell him Democracy is a renaissance era tech, and the Greeks couldn't possible have reached it by 300 BC.

I thought the Greeks came up with the republic (i.e., representation), not the democracy (universal sufferage)?

I thought the Greeks came up with the republic (i.e., representation), not the democracy (universal sufferage)?

Both.

2464. You decide it's time you built roads in your backyard because it took you forty years to move through the woods back there.

2465: You are disappointed when your son becomes a famous artist, because you really wanted a great engineer.

"Argh! Our GE points were at 94%! We had him build sand castles. We bought him Legos. We had a tutor come from MIT. But we let him listen to the Beatles ONE TIME... Argh!!!"

Actually, the Greeks conquered the Pyramids in Egypt, and so switched to Representation.

Nope, Athens was a democracy before Egypt was conquered.
2466. The Egyptians were nitwits: building the pyramids and switching to HR? What a waste!

2467: The 'Mids were built because Industrious Ramses really wanted to use his BFC stone for something, and some idiot in a far-off land beat him to Stonehenge. He really didn't think it through- all those Nile floodplains scream CE to me, and the Pyramids are for SE. n00b.

Plus maybe he thought he just had to do something with all his excess available whippables. Should've whipped a bunch more War Chariots and sent them into Greece and Italy, huh? Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

2468. You cant wait when new discovered more older "Stonehedge" type temple, named Göbekli Tepe will be included in CIV, with finishing date 9000 BC.. Dammm.. need longer ancient period to include this... maybe will need to rewrite entire CIV ideology...

2470: When listening to the lyrics from the south park movie song "what would brian Boitano do?" that say "when Brian Boitano built the Pyramids, he beat up Kublai Khan", you think that MadScientist from the Strategy forums could make that happen in one of his RPG games....

2471. You think that people were instantly unhappier living in cities and that people lost significant interest in science after the passage of the 19th amendment, as we switched from representation to universal suffrage.

2471. You think that people were instantly unhappier living in cities and that people lost significant interest in science after the passage of the 19th amendment, as we switched from representation to universal suffrage.

We? My country didn't pass a '19th amendment' as far as I know.

2474. You feel a slightly more chilling feeling when Gandhi starts an apocalyptic nuclear war.

Sorry, I meant the U.S. earlier.

2475. You think it was Mahatma Gandhi not Indira Gandhi who developed India's nuclear program.

Top Bottom