1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Eclipse-X010, Jun 30, 2008.

1. AJ11

AJ11 Emperor

I thought the Greeks came up with the republic (i.e., representation), not the democracy (universal sufferage)?

2. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Both.

3. west india man

west india man Immortal

Actually, the Greeks conquered the Pyramids in Egypt, and so switched to Representation.

4. ajsciri4

ajsciri4 Warlord

2464. You decide it's time you built roads in your backyard because it took you forty years to move through the woods back there.

5. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

2465: You are disappointed when your son becomes a famous artist, because you really wanted a great engineer.

6. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

"Argh! Our GE points were at 94%! We had him build sand castles. We bought him Legos. We had a tutor come from MIT. But we let him listen to the Beatles ONE TIME... Argh!!!"

7. strijder20

Nope, Athens was a democracy before Egypt was conquered.
    2466. The Egyptians were nitwits: building the pyramids and switching to HR? What a waste!

8. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

2467: The 'Mids were built because Industrious Ramses really wanted to use his BFC stone for something, and some idiot in a far-off land beat him to Stonehenge. He really didn't think it through- all those Nile floodplains scream CE to me, and the Pyramids are for SE. n00b.

Plus maybe he thought he just had to do something with all his excess available whippables. Should've whipped a bunch more War Chariots and sent them into Greece and Italy, huh? Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

9. elmurcis

elmurcis Emperor

2468. You cant wait when new discovered more older "Stonehedge" type temple, named Göbekli Tepe will be included in CIV, with finishing date 9000 BC.. Dammm.. need longer ancient period to include this... maybe will need to rewrite entire CIV ideology...

10. Pisskop

Pisskop Goblin Axeman

-Looking at your Cities via Google Earth, you wonder why you do not here "Hi Mom" in the background... over and over and over.

11. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

I don't get this one.

12. west india man

west india man Immortal

When you zoom up close to Civ IV cities, the sound you hear is loads of people saying '''Hi Mom'' over and over again.

13. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

I just listened to CityAncientSmallBed.wav and still didn't hear anything that might resemble "hi mom". Whatever.

Civ3 did it better with Amanda written in the Jungle.

Spoiler :

14. GA econ FTW

GA econ FTW Warlord

2470: When listening to the lyrics from the south park movie song "what would brian Boitano do?" that say "when Brian Boitano built the Pyramids, he beat up Kublai Khan", you think that MadScientist from the Strategy forums could make that happen in one of his RPG games....

15. geowzrd

geowzrd Warlord

2471. You think that people were instantly unhappier living in cities and that people lost significant interest in science after the passage of the 19th amendment, as we switched from representation to universal suffrage.

16. mtr12

mtr12 Prince

2472: You consider the Fronde (1648-1653) an example of Anarchy caused by a switch from Vassalage to Bureaucracy, but you wonder why it took France that long to get Civil Service...

17. strijder20

We? My country didn't pass a '19th amendment' as far as I know.

18. Shizuko3

Shizuko3 Chieftain

2473: You feel a warm feeling when Gandhi adopts Slavery.

19. strijder20

2474. You feel a slightly more chilling feeling when Gandhi starts an apocalyptic nuclear war.

20. geowzrd

geowzrd Warlord

Sorry, I meant the U.S. earlier.

2475. You think it was Mahatma Gandhi not Indira Gandhi who developed India's nuclear program.