1512-1701 (An Odessy!)

Biq prepared for city placement. final decisions about that tomorrow. Hopefully euro citys placed and biq loaded tomorrow.

Aeon221 said:
As to the leaderheads, only Owain and Hengest look too medieval for usage; the rest are bueno!

Well, Geiseric and Alaric also look a little too old. Geiseric, with the horns, look like a germanic bronzeage person - around 500 bc. Alaric could look like anything from the germanic bronzeage to scandinavian vikingage - so 500 bc to 1066 ad.

Glad to be here. Happy, you have taken initiative with this scenario - hope it will be the stepping stone for many, many RoCX-scenarioes.

Vijayanagar seems better than Hyderabad to me.

It was "on" till 1565 and represent the Hindu resistance to Muslims.

The first European settlement there was Calicut fonded by Vasco de Gamma in 1498.

Would it be ok if we changed the Spanish leader to Phillip II or the Austrian leader to Ferdinand? It just seems weird to me to have the same guy (Charles V) in charge of both Spain and Austria, CivIII speaking.

I wanted to represent the Hapsburgs as two civs ruled by the same guy in an alliance. more on that later.

biq with prelim round of placement (Germany and west) of cities (ignore resources) done. Check it out and comment!

The cities look pretty good, but Ragusa looks like it's impeding on ottoman territory, maybe adjust the culture so that it won't have border space around it... I can help with placements of chinese cities if you want, i was thinking of placing 1 or 2 cities per province.

Aeon, please don't mix up 3d leaderheads with static pictures. Use only paintings instead, it's much better. And you haven't got any tie with "available leaderheads"

About the Charles V thing, it depends which period you're focusing on. Oloring's proposal sounds good.

Why I have posted these pictures of leaders is not to say that "these pictures are going to be our LH's." I posted them so Aeon can compare them with with any available 3D LH's, and choose which ones look the closest to the real leaders. If Aeon decides that there are not enough 3D LH's to fill out the mod, then I can help him and make some static ones out of these pictures.

I am going to name them, I just had to go to classes. Thats just what I did before. Since all the games are cancelled, I will finish it sometime after lunch, so no worries ;p

About Ragusa: Dont worry, it just looks like that cuz there arent any Turkish cities. You should have seen Flanders before I added the rest of them.

What do you guys think of the OVERALL effect? I am looking for a good Sicilian city name (I want to use Sciacca, but that one only means something to my family ;p) Palermo might work, but I am not 100% and havent done the research yet.

What about the colors? I was trying to make the HRE civs look much like one another, as well as get them as close to the right spots as I could. I am pretty happy with the overall effect.

ThomAnder said:
The cities look pretty good, but Ragusa looks like it's impeding on ottoman territory, maybe adjust the culture so that it won't have border space around it... I can help with placements of chinese cities if you want, i was thinking of placing 1 or 2 cities per province.

Just curious, whats Ragusa today?

@bombshoo: Dubrovnik, Croatia

@Aeon: The Island you have named Rhodes isn't Rhodes. It's Cyprus, still owned by Venice though at this time. :D

By the way, what do you all think would be a good name for Corsica? Bastia? :confused:

That would be my fault ;p

As to Corsica, I have no clue haha

I CAN say that Poland is coming along nicely, but that I am going to place a few other cities in other positions before I post the updated city placement. Are there any cities that should be moved so far?

Also, it turns out I still need a couple of names for the really far northern denmark cities if you happen to have them.

Thanks guys!

I added the Turks and the Poles (polish Russian territory not as big as it looks, thats just cuz the Russians arent in yet). Comments on turkish territory and accuracy of city placement?

If someone could post some names for northern Scandinavian cities (2 Norweigan, 2 Swedish) that would be amazing. I think we still need a name for the Coriscan city, and a name for the one nameless Turkish city, but thats about it.

Just realized I mispelled Smyrna in the uploaded biq... just disregard that ;p

Well I am off to entertain myself with excercise. Russia later tonight, along with the Mamelukes and maybe even the Barbary States yay!

Top Bottom