1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1700AD Scenario Development Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Wilhelm Meister

Wilhelm Meister Warlord

Btw Hamburg has a great deal of dutch culture inside the city and Königsberg is 90% polish...

sorry it didn't happen this time, so I suppose it's fixed...my apologies.:)

No it's not really fixed...it starts after the first turn...btw i think this problem with culture is really annoying, I've just conquered Krakau from the Polish and they were destroyed and then suddenly the entire population of Krakau is Austrian...

2. Locutus_Morti

Locutus_Morti Prince

Spanish La Coruña is only "A Coruña", and doesn't change it's name as a result.

3. Wilhelm Meister

Wilhelm Meister Warlord

Yeah I also noticed that.

4. Hightower

Hightower Prince

A Coruña is the correct name in Galician. La Coruña is the name in Castilian, but it's more often called A Coruña in Spain even outside of Galicia these days (popularized outside of Galicia by Franco, I believe, who was from the city).

5. Locutus_Morti

Locutus_Morti Prince

The problem is that this makes the CNM not work, since it's not on any of the City Maps, so it would remain A Coruña throughout the game, regardless of owner.

6. borhap88

borhap88 Prince

Did anybody see an Italian respawn playing this scenario?

7. Wilhelm Meister

Wilhelm Meister Warlord

No I haven't, and I think it's sad...the ai always take the italian peninsula...I think their spawn shouldn't be conditional...specialy in the 1700 scenario.

8. Aharon

Aharon Chieftain

England starts with Capitalism and free market, but loses them on the second turn because they haven't researched the prerequisite Economics.

9. Wilhelm Meister

Wilhelm Meister Warlord

Same with Prussia...

10. borhap88

borhap88 Prince

I totally agree. It's a pity that Italy is not represented by 1700 scenario. I think it's the only very important missing civilization in modern era.

11. Aharon

Aharon Chieftain

Isn't Scientific Method normally a science needed for industrial age? I researched it, but my era didn't change (england again).

12. FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero Prince

In vanilla Civ 4 yes, but its status has been changed in RFC and DoC.

13. Lennon789

Lennon789 Prince

Confirming this. I suppose we can just give them Economics with WB until Leoreth attends to the issue.

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I've already taken care of it, commit following soon.

15. FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero Prince

China has a similar issue in the 600AD start - it loses Organized Religion because it doesn't have the Monotheism tech.

16. lenin1917

lenin1917 Warlord

The map generally looks very good except for North America. Toronto should definitely be removed for two main reasons. First the city was found at the end of the century (1793) by the English after the conquest, and secondly, the regions of the Great Lakes and Ontario were under French control, not english.

If you want to better represent the situation in North America, the French colonie should be incredibly large in territory, but not improved and much less populated than the English colonies. On the contrary, the English colonies should be small in territory (only the west coast in 1700, the Hudson Bay region was only ceded in 1713), but greatly improved, and very populated in comparison with the French colonies, and with a larger standing army.

Finally, like it was mentionned before, Québec city should be connected to the ocean. The St-Lawrence river was at the time (and still today) the entrance in the interior of the continent. My suggestion is to change the tile 2E of Québec in a coast tile to connect it to the ocean.

Edit: Québec should be the most populated settlements of the French colonies, not Nouvelle-Orléans!

Continue the great work!

17. Lennon789

Lennon789 Prince

Is Belgrad meant to be Foreign Core for Prussia? I ask because all of its adjacent tiles are contested. I figure this is the result of a peak previously existing on this tile. My suggestion would be to either make it contested, or to change the adjacent tiles to its south to Foreign core. The current stability map is a bit odd in Serbia.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Poland and Austria need at least 1 more city (Warsaw and Budapest?). Warsaw has to be capital, and Milan was Spanish, not Austrian. I know it is very jammed in Europe but 1 and 2 city civs do not represent major states on European continent in 1700. If anything -- Prussia has to be 1 city civ!

19. Wilhelm Meister

Wilhelm Meister Warlord

Stop this nonsense, there's no comparisson between the cultural importance of Prussia/Germany to that of the polish for example, so stop this non-sense idea of getting Prussia only one city...

20. Wilhelm Meister

Wilhelm Meister Warlord

Btw the Austrians conquered Milan in 1714 irl...so it's one of the first turns in the game...it doesn't make much difference...