1700AD Scenario Development Thread

That's a really good idea in my opinion, it makes no sense to spend the entire game chummy with the Mexicans, which is easy to achieve and optimal for any attempt at the UHV. Mexican conflict would be far more appropriate. Absolutely terrible with coming up with ideas, however, so I'm not what exactly the UHV could be :/

a good option to replace the Vorkuta - Salekhard
Plus, a tribute to the Finno-Ugric contribution to the development of the north Russia
Spoiler :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salekhard

Perhaps Spain can have the provinces of Alta California, Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico, and Spanish Texas settled in the 1700 AD scenario. The US should be deterred from taking these citties until Mexico has gained independence, perhaps by large stacks of defenders.

Btw, I'm still getting the Protestant Reformation as of the latest SVN.

Is it me or the americans already start with steam power and a whole lotta love and others things!?
I'm playing a game now on epic speed with the Prussians and talking on the diplomacy screen I saw that they have everything i have and plus a whole lotta tecs...
Americans had steamships in 1790s which is faster than they could research heck the US had railroads before they can finish researching them in game.
Oh, that reminds me that I want to adjust the American UHV so it pushes them into conflict with Mexico somewhat.
Own historic continental US AND vassalize OR conquer Mexico
Perhaps Spain can have the provinces of Alta California, Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico, and Spanish Texas settled in the 1700 AD scenario. The US should be deterred from taking these citties until Mexico has gained independence, perhaps by large stacks of defenders.

Btw, I'm still getting the Protestant Reformation as of the latest SVN.
I don't think the US can conquer California before Mexico spawns on normal

Is there any merit in suggesting a relations hit between Turkey and all European nations (except possibly newly spawned Prussia) it just seems a little off to me that on the very first turn you can form defensive pacts with Russia, Prussia and weirdest of all Austria. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think Poland and Holland are willing as well, only France and Spain definitely say no (off the top of my head).

1) Indie start with no technologies. It's weird to see indie Rome producing warriors in 18th century.
2) I see that there is an Egyptian player at start: why?
3) Francis I becomes Charles V after few turns

Americans had steamships in 1790s which is faster than they could research heck the US had railroads before they can finish researching them in game.

Own historic continental US AND vassalize OR conquer Mexico

I don't think the US can conquer California before Mexico spawns on normal

I'm not saying they didn't irl, just as all the developed world (Europe) ha, the thing is that in the game they had it before any european power and that's weird...(btw these steamships you're talking about are actually steamboats lol...not really monitors,ironclads or the like)The point is that they were ahead of Europe and that was my complain...

Kongo starts with 1 of her UHVs accomplished :)

I also second that in 1700 St. Petersburg must be Russian capital. I mean 1700+ is really critical year(s) for Russia, more than for anyone else on the map.

Virtually every newly spawned civ start with a bunch of techs that the older civs don't have. This is simply because new civs can't get their infrastructure up to actually research anything for quite some time. The most "egregious" examples of this are:

- Greece starts with Writing. This is always before AI Egypt or Babylonia (the first writers IRL) has Writing.

- Rome starts with Alphabet. This is always before any other AI civ (Phoenicia or Greece, the first inventors of alphabets IRL) can possibly research Alphabet.

- Persia starts with Monarchy. This is always before any other AI civ (Egypt or Babylonia, the first monarchic civs IRL) can possibly research Monarchy.

- Korea spawns with Horseback Riding, while AI China (who, IRL, would have expanded along the Silk Road using their cavalry by then) never could research it before Korea's spawn.

Is it just me, or are Russia's UHVs unplayable?

I think they should be playable. After all, 1700AD may be the only scenario where UHV is easier for Russia than Domination. :rolleyes:

Also, Hamburg starts with 70% Dutch Culture and the resulting :mad:.

I don't think any UHV was adjusted so far. Just the map and starting situation.

My spanish game in 1700 scenario stop running the game in 1730!! O.o
Just now which I will settle cities in California, Texas, Colorado and Santa Fé!! xD

This crash is a problem of my PC or a problem in SVN??

Please,Leoreth, add the city of "Porto Alegre"(the problem is this city was founded in 1772 but still important to Brazilian Empire) to portuguese and Assuncion to Spanish!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto_Alegre

We will be have the Gran Colombia Civ, will be great add a UHV like "Create the Bolivarian Empire"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolivarianism

Is it just me, or are Russia's UHVs unplayable?

I think they should be playable. After all, 1700AD may be the only scenario where UHV is easier for Russia than Domination. :rolleyes:

Also, Hamburg starts with 70% Dutch Culture and the resulting :mad:.

Yes I noted that wth Hamburg :confused:
Please fix that Leoreth :sad:

Okay.

I tried other spanish game and in this time its crash AGAIN!!! :p

Sorry I took so long to answer , I've only seen it now

Spoiler :

This jungle the "Mata Atlântica" was destroyed in the colonial times, and remain few of it in states of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo in the hill's coastal ( "Serra do Mar") region! ;)

Well I think the polish initial stack should be slightly nerfed...in one of my recent games I made a deal with the Russians to declare war against Poland because i was afraid of the Poland's stacks of doom there and thought it could be risky to take them by myself and let the west open for the French to take an oportunity...ok so Russia declared war on Poland...and in the first turn of the war Kiev falls to Poland...(it's not over yet...)and to my huge surprise in the third turn of the war or so Poland took St,Petersburg!!! I don't think they should be THAT powerfull at the start...just an opinion though...some people say the french ai is pathetic, but I think Russia is even more...in other game I played (before the recent commits) they were knocked pretty easily by the Turks...and so on...

Top Bottom