Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Jun 22, 2013.
No, I am an idiot.
Of course it's you who deserves all the praise for that.
Heresy! Leostinian the great cannot be an idiot!
I wish you could like posts on these forums. +1
Still repelling the evil Turks with your shiny new Theodosian Walls?
I think Jusos should receive a permaban from this forum and a well-thought out and excellent written series of death threats, as he is obviously the source of evil vapors which temporarily deluded Leoringer the Mighty into calling himself an idiot. Put the heretic at the stake!
We stand strong behind our glorious walls against the Bulgars! Against the Rus! Against the Arab infidels! Against the Seljuks! Against the heretic Latin Christians! And yes, against the Turks!
Iran in general and Herat in particular need some love on this map. Shiraz has 3 food sources, Herat, Pearl of fertile Khorasan has none, and will starve with -5 . Swaping couple of tiles from south to north should do the job without introducing new resources.
Not sure why Iran has so many disconnected resources. I have a feeling roads were forgotten during the creation of the map.
I don't like paying attention to roads because it's tedious, but you're right.
I also agree that Iran needs more food.
He'eeere we go:
- Ottoman Turkey is ridicolously overpower as it is now, at least half the Emperor games I play they remain in the top 3 of the scoreboard until at least 1900, keeping up in tech and generally not doing anything except losing Egypt. And why does Egypt flip Libya/Tunisia/Algeria? And why does Turkey still control these areas in 1700? They were practically independent pirate dens by this time.
- General lovefest: In a regular 3000/600 game by this stage most of the Civ's across the world would at least be annoyed with each other at this point, but because it's starting 1700 AD there's no bad history between anyone at all.
I've always thought this was a pretty serious problem in the game generally (usually no unscripted wars of any effect with anyone until Congresses and DP's arrive) but here it's taken further.
- No pre-existing diplomatic agreements or wars at all? I was played Poland expecting a fun fight for existence, but nobody even attacked my until the next century after I attacked Russia a sued for peace after taking Kiev and Petersburg.
- Iran doesn't do anything here except take up space, don't even bother taking Baghdad, or Merv. Russians build dumb cities around the polar icecaps instead of Siberia and again don't even attack independents.
- Poland should be at war with Austria/Prussia/Russia on spawn. Often it becomes a Turkish vassal now and protects itself from any attack for a longtime.
- Iran-dow-Turkey/Turkey dow Austria/Spain/France dow England/England dow Netherlands/Portugal dow Congo on spawn. All these countries just build up big armies that sit around a grow obselete and take up their production.
- Might as well have Ethiopia here if Congo is, considering Ethiopia was around the only powerful African state by this time and the Congo was about to fall apart.
Otherwise...no complaints. It's a good WB.
Where can I find a screenie of this?
I actually get rid of Herat before starting a game and put in Kabul to fill out Afghanistan. Then I put floodplains under Kabul and on the cotton tile. Makes for decent conflict between Iran and Mughals if you're playing from 600 AD.
I don't know, but it happened last summer. The easiest way to compare it is to look at the vanilla RFC map in comparison.
Oh, you mean the change that already happened. I thought you were talking about 1.12.
I think that was what we were talking about.
No further changes are planned at least.
Poland was at war with those countries in the 2nd half of the century.
Like Leoreth said in another post, there are probably hundreds of major major historical innaccuracies hard-built into practically every scripted spawn and event.
I'm more concerned about gameplay and overarching trajectory, namely Europe being the most savagely violent place in the world for thousands of years not being at represented.
Your editing of Scandinavia and Bolivia is already awesome, no need changes. I hope you'll still open for proposals on Iran (like suggested above, idk) etc
Separate names with a comma.