2019 Christmas Thread

Oooooh I'm guessing that means you'll be open to trying my Christmas pudding this year?

So I love the Christmas spirit and Christmas music and everything but my first post in this thread has to be asking for a moment of silence for all the retail workers across the country who will be required to put up with it for the next two months nonstop.

So I love the Christmas spirit and Christmas music and everything but my first post in this thread has to be asking for a moment of silence for all the retail workers across the country who will be required to put up with it for the next two months nonstop.
Absolutely! Please everyone be kind this season.

I have my Christmas music playing on Alexa's loop mode ... *entering full joy mode*

Another one of my favorites from Enya's album "And Winter Came ... "

I think it might be interesting for posters to share their Christmas music that isn't actually Christmas music, ie, "regular" music that has some connection to Christmas for you for whatever reason.

Fleet Foxes and the Skyrim soundtrack are both tied up with the holiday season for me.

And another moment of silence for all the restaurant workers that are forced to work on all the holidays.

Back when I worked in a call centre I never minded working Xmas or other public holidays since they paid us triple time IIRC. Best of all was working a weekend nightshift on a public holiday.
My company paid 2.5 time for working holidays, but our call center was closed on Christmas Day. I never found the money worth it: I'd much rather be off enjoying the holiday.

Things were really rough when I was a teller. We'd have a line of people out the door on Christmas Eve (we were only open for a half day)

There is a supermarket in my neighborhood which is allready selling Xmas sweets
Pfft. Our local supermarket started selling Lebkuchen etc. at the beginning of September.

I mean, don't get me wrong, good Lebkuchen (i.e. not the iced Weihnachtsmarkt crap) are delicious, but... September... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
*signs a Civ 4 x-mas carol fragment*

"One Genghis Khan,
Two Muketman
And a Great Generaaal with Medic 3"
:xmas:

The last time I was at the dollar store, it was selling a weird mix of Halloween and Christmas stuff.

Showing my true "What's a holiday?" colours here, but Christmas candy? What is quintessential of the season? I can't think of anything except gingerbread cookies and candy canes.

There's a local company (that site is awful) that sells Christmas candy. It...doesn't look much different than regular candy. :lol:

I like Marshmallow Satans, even though they make me sick if I eat them too fast.

Showing my true "What's a holiday?" colours here, but Christmas candy? What is quintessential of the season? I can't think of anything except gingerbread cookies and candy canes.
You take regular candy and make it red, white, and green. Like Christmas M&Ms?

I like Marshmallow Satans, even though they make me sick if I eat them too fast.
What kind of holiday are you celebrating? Anything you'd like to tell us? :p

....Why do I always end up transposing the letters on Santa???

Top Bottom