2020 NFL offseason thread

Jimmy G is better than the credit you give him. Look at their win/loss record with him and without him. They're not paying him THAT much, there are plenty of QBs who are getting more. That said, when his current contract ends, he doesn't deserve to be paid like the highest player.

The Lions are mostly a mess, and all drafting the top corner does is make up for the fact that they already have one of the top corners in the league and he is clearly not interested in playing for them so they are trading him.

They already have the worst passing defense, and their best corner is going to leave... thus making it even worse. The least you can do in that case is find a suitable replacement.

They take advantage of having a top five pick, which for a mediocre team doesn't happen every year, to get the quarterback that has a decade ahead of him and maybe more,
DA BEARS *sigh*

Or worse, be stuck with a third-rounder for Russel Willson or even worse, a sixth-rounder for Tom Brady.

Notice that it has been twenty years since a sixth round pick quarterback turned out.

Isn't he the only 6th round QB to have turned out since the NFL went to the current 7 round system?

Wasn't even thinking of undrafted, but you're right.

Fitzmagic was drafted in the seventh round and while he’s not a Tom Brady caliber player, he’s been better than lots of first round QBs.

What was the post SB 50 rule change ?

Rumor going around that Carr will be traded to Chicago. He is a definite upgrade from Tribusky, so it would be in their best interest. But why would the Raiders want to move on from Carr to begin with? If this is to get Tom Brady, I don’t agree. That said, I will not pretend to know as much about football as Gruden.

Yup, I remember when a 3000 yard season was a big deal. :old:

Colts allegedly interested in Phillip Rivers. If so, I think that is a wise decision. They are already have a good oline (which he needs) so they can use their best draft capital to get him wide receivers in a class that is deep at the position.

Is there an unattached arm that they can draft and graft? Because the original one there is shot.

Exactly. While I can understand the Colts being in the market for a QB, I don't think Ballard is going to go with the kind of Band-Aid solution that an almost if not already at the end of the road QB like Rivers or Brady would represent. If they're serious about getting rid of Brissett and going the FA route then IMO Bridgewater is the best choice. If they prefer drafting, then keep Brissett as the (if necessary) bridge QB.

Clowney has publicly stated that he’s open to offers from other teams besides Seattle. He has also stated he’s only interested in going to a contender, hence why he refused to go to Miami. What are the other realistic options who have the cap space for the kind of contract he will likely demand ?

edit: in other news, Vegas/Gruden allegedly interested in Mariota. Should be interesting if that turns out to be true.

Last edited:
Rams don’t even have the cap space to keep their current roster assembled.

edit: update: Colts and Patriots also allegedly interested in Mariota. I’m not sure what the Patriots in particular will do if they don’t get Brady resigned. And they will probably have to pay at least 30 mil a year.

Last edited:
If that happens it’s the Lions dream come true. Getting to select the best player in the entire draft at #3 overall. Couldn’t ask for much better than that in a rebuild, especially when it’s a position of need regardless.

edit: FYI Chase Young is considered a better Nick Bosa and without a significant history of injuries.

Top Bottom