2K Announces Civilization Revolution for Next Generation Consoles!

I think if you can really play different points in society like a peasent, warrior, scientist, or leader then it is going to be a completely different game. This perspective sounds much more interesting to me them, but yes it appears they are trying to use sex to sale like most other games today. I just do not have much confidence in Fireaxis creating a role playing game, but who knows it might be great. I think this is attempt to merge Civcity: Rome with Civ 4. If it is done well than I am all for it.

1 thing: I really don't think, that Sid would make a dumb version of CIV IV, to make some cash (could such a legendary game designer be such a cheapskate?!) and he certanly wouldn't add the statement "Civilization Revolution is the game I've always wanted to make!" to such an action. He would maybe say "Civilization Revolution is a great new experience for my and for all the fans" or something like that... or he shall burn in hell

More cartoony looking leaders. Not a reason to play IMO. Cleo looks like a prostitute. Maybe that's historically accurate? :wallbash:

This appears to essentially be the console version of Civ IV. It's too soon for Civ V PC.

It's a brand new game in the Civ series, developed especially for consoles. It's not a port or adaption of CIV.

1 thing: I really don't think, that Sid would make a dumb version of CIV IV, to make some cash (could such a legendary game designer be such a cheapskate?!) and he certanly wouldn't add the statement "Civilization Revolution is the game I've always wanted to make!" to such an action. He would maybe say "Civilization Revolution is a great new experience for my and for all the fans" or something like that... or he shall burn in hell

well, considering the zillions of dollars always involved and the fact that Civ hasn't been on consoles for YEARS AND it seems to be kind of a new approach, of course he will say "best civ game evah!!!111"
it seems to me that the descriptions also show their target: the people that think Civ is BORING.

I may be completely wrong, sure hahah, but I can't think of anything else..

From the way I interpreted it, this is going to be its own thing (kind of like how Call to Power was), and not a port of Civ4 but not the official Civ5 either.

Some of the key features that will resonate with fans of strategy games and the Civilization franchise include 16 civilizations to master and lead to victory, an array of famous historical leaders to play as or compete against, and accessible maps and streamlined time scale for quicker games, intense combat, and constant action.

Intense combat? Constant action? Streamlined time scale? Please tell me this isn't going to be Civilization: The RTS.

Look at the civ 4 home page - promo to the civ4:

"Greater accessability and Ease of play:
An easy to use interface will be immediately familiar to RTS and action game players, and newcomers to the series will be able to jump in and play right away."

"Faster-paced fun:
Gameplay has been streamlined for a tighter, faster and more compelling experience."

etc.

Whats the difference? Seems to be the same marketing story...

There's only one obvious conclusion.

Civ IV was a dumbed down game for kiddies! I can't believe I've enjoyed it! Now that I've seen what it truly is like, I shall hate it with great furor!

( ;) )

More cartoony looking leaders. Not a reason to play IMO. Cleo looks like a prostitute. Maybe that's historically accurate? :wallbash:

Well, she didn't seem to have a problem using men to get more power. Isn't that similar?

Hmm, PSP. I really, really hope not. If true, I'll say it again- There goes the very last of my productivity. :mischief:

The logo is the standard PlayStation logo (which all Sony games display, regardless of platform), not the PSP one.

Look at the civ 4 home page - promo to the civ4:

"Greater accessability and Ease of play:
An easy to use interface will be immediately familiar to RTS and action game players, and newcomers to the series will be able to jump in and play right away."

"Faster-paced fun:
Gameplay has been streamlined for a tighter, faster and more compelling experience."

etc.

Whats the difference? Seems to be the same marketing story...

Exactly. I don't see anything to indicate this will be an RTS.

Why would you want it on PC? The description basically admits that it's going to be Civ IV Lite. The reason they gave it a different branding is to distinguish between the two (so no one would confuse Civ IV with it). The PC version is going to be a better, more strategic game. The Console version will be more action-oriented with prettier graphics.

And I highly doubt you can play modern games on your 6-year old machine unless you've installed a new motherboard, which is more than $100. Can you play EU3? I can't, and my machine is only 4 years old.

I actually think Civ:R will be coming to PCs, hopefully as an expansion pack to Civ IV. My reasoning? It seems like it expands on the existing Civ IV engine.

My speculation on game play and how it will be "dumed down" is that it will basically be the war side of things. You still have a tech tree however it is condensed to basically military/religous/civics techs. You still have the gold/research/culture/espionage sliders to work with. Your citys only build units though, the only way you get buildings is by spending gold.

If Civ:R is like this it would likely find an audience even among some of the long time followers that are less hardcore. I know personally I have played since the first game and always struggled with trying to balance development, expansion and military. If the expansion simplified those choices I would definately spending some time playing it.

Now if the expansion basically ends of being what I described and they try to sell it for PCs are a completely new game then I will be upset...

I hope its fr the PSP because I wont be able to buy a PS3 till Dec 08, and im not buying a 360.

after watching the video I am thinking it will be the opposite of Civ lite... I think Sid is going for something really ambitious here. Maybe some kind of combination with the video/graphics of his Pirates game, with turn-based strategy of Civ, with some kind of role-playing aspect. Who knows, but it will be interesting to see. Maybe he is inventing a whole new concept of a game? I think the quote from Sid is worth taking into account - I agree with an earlier poster, he wouldn't just say something like that for marketing purposes.

There's more to life than strategy games, my friend.

Couldn't of said it better.

I'm quite suprised so many people are bitter about this.

Anyway, I also agree that there will definately be some RPG elements in this as well, looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to get it.

If this comes out on PSP I'll be very happy. PSP has the power to handle the graphics and what not, but not really sure if it'll be able to handle the shear size of maps and such. But definately will be getting this for PS3.

This game reminds me of spore. But instead of evolving biologicaly, you evolve in 'jobs', hence going from peasant to world leader. However a lot of the info seems confused, I can't even make out if this will be a TBS, RTS or first-person game. But then again the trailer for warlords or Civ4 has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

:confused:

- Dumbed down for consoles.
- Sexed up for consoles.

I think that's probably true. But consoles don't have keyboards, and consoles haven't historically had deep strategy games. I suspect this will be a more war-like version of Civ 4. Let the console gamers have their bone. I don't think that means that Civ 5, whenever it comes out, will be crappy. (But I admit it's a possibility.)

Apparently, and he seems to be scratching his balls.

He loves scratching his balls during battle, it helps to keep him awake...:lol:

This game reminds me of spore. But instead of evolving biologicaly, you evolve in 'jobs', hence going from peasant to world leader. However a lot of the info seems confused, I can't even make out if this will be a TBS, RTS or first-person game. But then again the trailer for warlords or Civ4 has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

It'll all be clearer in a few months...

Top Bottom