2K Announces Civilization Revolution for Next Generation Consoles!

^^ we dont know its gonna be RTS and i really dont think Sid will make an RTS game and call it Civ because thats just not right

Sid doesn't even make the games anymore. He just slaps his name on the cover and models his face in game. He is a businessman now, not a personal gaming savior.

Sid doesn't even make the games anymore. He just slaps his name on the cover and models his face in game. He is a businessman now, not a personal gaming savior.

Incorrect. He did work on Sim Golf and Railroads.

Which adds another layer of interest to Revolution, since it's the first Civ Sid has been working on since the original.

Some PC gamers seem really upset by the announcement of this game. They seem to think that if it doesn't come out for PC it's not a good game. Typical PC elitists.

It said these:
Playstation 3
X Box 360
A playstation 2 sign was in the corner.
On the video The Swede posted. I need to get a playstation three now...But I wanted a wii...crap...who says I can't have both? :lol:

It said these:
Playstation 3
X Box 360
On the video The Swede posted. I need to get a playstation three now...But I wanted a wii...crap...who says I can't have both? :lol:

That's not the Playstation 2 sign, that's the Playstation sign which is on all Sony games. PS2 is a different sign.

So far all the Strat Games released for the DS have been TBS.

Lately, it's been feeling like the DS is the last great hope for TBS. It seems like it is the only platform that has a few new TBS games a year.

I still maintain that a lot of this is going to be console specific. It won't necessarily affect the long term evolution of the franchise.

Both the 360, and PS3 support usb keyboards. There was Civ2, but I think thats about it.

They've done ports before, and most of the effort of the port went towards re-designing the interface.

It sounds to me like this one will be different. It won't just be a port. It won't just be "plug in your keyboard and play Civ 4 on your console". It will likely cut down certain features to make the game play less intricate, and make multiplayer games move faster.

I'm speculating. It's just as likely that this is "the game Sid always wanted to make" and will signal where Civ 5 will go on the PC.

It seems to me that it will be a totally new game (Civ-based) that takes advantage of advancements made in gaming technology - something Sid wanted to make, but never could. It wont be something we've seen before - it won't be Civ IV or Civ V. It is something totally new. Frankly, I am quite excited to see this. No doubt it will come on all the new handhelds, as well as XBox 360, PS3 and the Wii (if it comes on handhelds, it will be on the Wii).

since there seems to be alot of conspiracy sence I looked at the video I have
almost every time metioned a handheld game or console for civ but here it goes it doesent seem like a civ 4 it has civ 4 stuff graphics its just called civilizationrevolution 2nd I think hes doing this because not alot of people tend to play on the computer and trying to get more people to play civ.

I dont like the celopatra i mean they never wore anything like that whats wrong with sid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( what saying is ive never known them to do something like that)

oh and its like way to earlier to tell some one about this its going to be in about a year!!!!!!!!!! I think there gone crazy!!!!!!!

Some PC gamers seem really upset by the announcement of this game. They seem to think that if it doesn't come out for PC it's not a good game. Typical PC elitists.

Well if this thing is going to be RTS-esque, it CAN'T be all that great on a console. RTS on consoles just don't work out all that well :p True, they've made major strides with the controls latley, but key board + Mouse are the best for RTS.

If it isn't an RTS, then who knows? I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

oh and its like way to earlier to tell some one about this its going to be in about a year!!!!!!!!!! I think there gone crazy!!!!!!!

Uh, games are frequently announced more than a year in advance.

Anyway, I'm once again amazed at the ability of some civ fans to go into fits of whining and wailing and gnashing of teeth over imagined shortcomings of a game about which at the moment we know practically zero. Are people really that desperate to complain about anything they can?

This announcement is exciting. Let's wait and see what the game is actually going to be like before commencing with the teeth-gnashing, eh?

It said these:
Playstation 3
X Box 360
Yes, I concur on that. It most clearly did NOT have a Wii on DS logo on the closing screenshot

:(

Top Bottom