2nd UU & 2nd UB

Oh, I didn't know you were ready already. Just send me your Consts.py file (or simply upload it here), and I'll compile your DLL.

Sorry, I really didn't get it that time :wallbash:

Here it is though. I hope it works, there was one source file in the RFCMarathon code that didn't seem to belong there, so I cut it out.

New versions aviable

V0.3 of the 2nd UU modcomp. It has minor changes. See the changelog for more information.

V0.2 of the 2nd UB modcomp. It works properly now (thanks to Leoreth). It also has many little changes and some complete new 2nd UB's for some civs. For more information, see the changelog.
Note: It is possible that some UHV won't work properly anymore. I'll try to fix them ASAP.

In the 2nd UB modcomp is also a package that allows both modcomps in one game.

You're welcome :)

Good to see that everything worked out.

I support using more creative naming for units whose name currently includes the civ adjective. Egyptian Axeman, Carthaginian War Elephant, Dutch Grenadier etc. are going to display their respective adjective twice in the processing message otherwise.

Atlas Elephant was recommended here earlier, why not go with that? To be honest, if you're going to shoot down Atlas Elephant because of obvious reasons, you might be wanting to rename Incan Sun Temple into something more distinctive as well. But even that wouldn't clear the issue of Carthaginian War Elephant being essentially the same thing as calling Roman Legion as Roman Swordsman because that's what it is.

Your modmod idea is very good but I don't think what works for other mods does justice to RFC. For example, I don't think additional health and happiness per culture is going to be very useful for Persia, located in the semidesert. (Not to mention I don't think there if there are simply enough fitting UU's for each civilization.) Good idea, but needs more refined localisation if you ask me.

And seriously, rename them Atlas Elephant. :( They're the same thing, but with Atlases you'll have a less goofy name.

I support using more creative naming for units whose name currently includes the civ adjective. Egyptian Axeman, Carthaginian War Elephant, Dutch Grenadier etc. are going to display their respective adjective twice in the processing message otherwise.

Atlas Elephant was recommended here earlier, why not go with that? To be honest, if you're going to shoot down Atlas Elephant because of obvious reasons, you might be wanting to rename Incan Sun Temple into something more distinctive as well. But even that wouldn't clear the issue of Carthaginian War Elephant being essentially the same thing as calling Roman Legion as Roman Swordsman because that's what it is.

Your modmod idea is very good but I don't think what works for other mods does justice to RFC. For example, I don't think additional health and happiness per culture is going to be very useful for Persia, located in the semidesert. (Not to mention I don't think there if there are simply enough fitting UU's for each civilization.) Good idea, but needs more refined localisation if you ask me.

And seriously, rename them Atlas Elephant. :( They're the same thing, but with Atlases you'll have a less goofy name.

For the Persian Ab Anbar, I don't have a good feature, but I did want to launch the modcomp so you can play it. (Although it isn't optimal) If you can think of a better one, please say so.

I will rename the Carthagian Elephant. For the other units, please give me some good alternatives, because I don't know any (yet).

EDIT: I have new names for all units with the adjactive of civ in the name.

I noticed something wrong with the Kremlin building, so I made some fixes. I'm sure you would eventually have to get down to them yourself, so I might as well save you the effort and upload the bug fix here. (You might want to include these in the next update.)

If you've made changes to the two XML files post-update, just add the KREMLIN and RUSSIAN_WALLS entries manually.

Anyway, the Russian Kremlin was still referred to by its wonder name "The Kremlin" and the graphics showed only in the Civilopedia screen. I don't know what files you were missing, but I found out you need to completely re-add the graphics for the Kremlin. They didn't show at all in world screen before I copied them from RFCEurope, and that was after the RUSSIAN_WALLS update.

The Kremlin text fix includes the French, German, Italian and Spanish versions, respectively.

There's something about the Xeer, also. This is a bit embarassing since it was I who suggested the current graphics, but I found something better to represent it. The vanilla graphics for the Incense resource. :blush: I didn't get them to work though, so you have to look into that yourself.

Attachments

• Kremlin fix.rar
    375.5 KB · Views: 61
Thanks. I didn't notice the bug. The reason why you had to copy the art from RFCE is that I put the art files in FPK. But in the CityLsystem.xml, it searched in the wrong directory. (Doesn't matter, it's fixed in the next version.)

Don't bother there is a better art for the Xeer. But I can't make it to work either. I'll try to find a tutorial on the forums that explains how I can convert resources/improvements into buildings and the other way.

Another question to you all. What do you think what is better for the (new) 2nd UB for the Japanese:

1. Geisha House: Theatre with free artist and 1 extra :) with Dye? (current one)

2. Torii: Theatre with free priest and one :) with Incense (could be another bonus)

3. Dojo: Barracks (or an other building) with + 2 XP for melee units (and archery units)

(other posibilities are welcome, but I think one of these (especially the last 2) are the best)

I like the Dojo one, even though it's weird for an isolationist secure (from its being on an island) civ to have a military UB.

New versions aviable
Grab them from the first post this thread.

V0.4 of the 2nd UU modcomp. For the changes, see the changelog in the first post.

V0.3 of the 2nd UB modcomp. For the changes, see the changelog in the second post. (The UHV that could be corrupted (Roman) is fixed, all other possible corruptions in the UHVs are checked.)

Hey, is there a link somewhere that lists the most current UUs and UBs included in this mod?

@ Leoreth

I'm updating these modcomps to the new RFCMarathon. (1.22) Would you please change the CvGamecore.dll again, otherwise I can't launch the 2nd UB modcomp. (Same problem as I had before.) Nothing is changed in the consts.py from the last version. (post 72)

Many thanks in advance.

No problem, I'll do it when I find the time :)

@ someone who knows a bit more of python.

I'm trying to give the Portugese 2nd UB a bonus to settler units. I found a code I might use, but it didn't. I changed it so it looks like this (it's CvGameUtils.py):
Code:
	def getUnitCostMod(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iUnit = argsList
		iCostMod = -1 # Any value > 0 will be used

return iCostMod

def getBuildingCostMod(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iCityID, iBuilding = argsList
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		pCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCityID)

iCostMod = -1 # Any value > 0 will be used

## Portugese Explorers House ##

pBuildingInfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuilding)
		iPortugalExplorersHouse = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo,gc.getNumBuildingInfos(),'BUILDING_PORTUGAL_EXPLORERHOUSE')
		aiExceptionList = [iPortugalExplorersHouse]

pPlayer1 = gc.getPlayer(pCity.plot().getOwner())

bPortugalExplorersHouse = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_PORTUGAL_EXPLORERHOUSE")
		obsoleteTech = gc.getBuildingInfo(bPortugalExplorersHouse).getObsoleteTech()
		if ( gc.getTeam(pPlayer1.getTeam()).isHasTech(obsoleteTech) == false or obsoleteTech == -1 ):
			for iCity in range(pPlayer1.getNumCities()):
				ppCity = pPlayer1.getCity(iCity)
				if ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(bPortugalExplorersHouse) == true:
					if ((isUnitClass(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),'UNITCLASS_SETTLER'):

if (not iUnit in aiExceptionList):

return 65	# 65% of normal cost

return -1

## Portugese Explorers House ##

return iCostMod
Can somebody tell me what I did wrong?

Top Bottom