3 minutes of silence because of the tsunami

AVN

Deity
The prime minister of Luxemburg (he is the current president of the EU) has requested 3 minutes of silence at 12.00 AM tomorrow because of this disaster.

I know that in the Netherlands and Belgium there will be 3 minutes of silence. That means there will be no public travel, people will not work during that period etc.

I wonder how many countries within the EU have granted that request and if other countries (outside the EU) do something similar ?

AVN said:
The prime minister of Luxemburg (he is the current president of the EU) has requested 3 minutes of silence at 12.00 AM tomorrow because of this disaster.

I know that in the Netherlands and Belgium there will be 3 minutes of silence. That means there will be no public travel, people will not work during that period etc.

I wonder how many countries within the EU have granted that request and if other countries (outside the EU) do something similar ?

What I heard on the radio was that all EU nations were gonna have 3 mins of silence 12am. And all flags will be at half.

RIP :(

Yes it's 3 minutes at 12 here too.

Why 3? What's wrong with 1 silent minute? And shouldn't this disaster warrant like 20 silent minutes? Perhaps this is some new European tradition (starting with WTC-9/11), that silent minutes held in all European countries should be 3 to distinguish the Grand EU from single countries single minutes? Me confused. :confused:

We had something similar here, but in truth i was shopping during this time, and no one were standing silent.

And i don't care much about it eighter. We don't mourn about the people who die everyday from various minor catastrophes, or the 'normal' starvation in many african countries. I give nothing about public mournings ordered by the government for public (or publicitiy) reasons.

Top Bottom