More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

Ottoman's Tersanes requirement to be built next to a city doesn't work with VP 4.4.2. Not sure if it worked properly in earlier versions

So I'm sure this is obvious to most people here but I am new and ignorant. Does this mean I can only (reliably) use More Unique Components with exactly version 4.0 of CPP? I assume there will be issues trying to use it with the latest 4.4.2 version of CPP? Or maybe the latest changes to CPP would have little to no effect on compatibility? If anyone can please give me a rundown of what I can expect with mod compatibility, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

When it says 4.0 compatibility means should be safe for all 4.x.x versions unless there is a change that affects the mod like a unit/building change, but wont affect the rest of the mod.

When I try to download I am getting the error

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
</Error>

Anyone know a fix?

That sounds like a problem with the file hosting server.
Check back later, or maybe someone here is at their computer and can send you the files in a private message.

That sounds like a problem with the file hosting server.
Check back later, or maybe someone here is at their computer and can send you the files in a private message.
thanks, seems to have fixed on its own, probably a hosting server issue like you said.

Hi All!

Sorry, this probably gets asked a lot, but - would this work balance-wise with the newest versions of VP mod, e.g. 4.6?

Can someone please explain the rationale behind Hakkapeliitta (unique Sweden replacement for Lancer) upgrading directly to Landship (2 era later) and skipping Uhlan (1 era later), or is this simply an error?

Thank you for steering me on the right direction. I tried to patch Hakkapaeliitta in CAYM's Enlightment Era, hopefully it works.
Edit. Apparently my simplistic approach doesn't work so well.

Last edited:
I've been playing a bunch with poly lately given the recent attention in Congress...

It's possible to grab MUC koa quite easily through ruins and then XP this into very powerful early weapon -- with survivalism into the heal every turn and ++healing promos it can quite capably take out forward settled island cities, solo -- I used one galley to block reinforcements and add a few hits at the end, but otherwise experienced survival/heal koa did all the work against Inca that tried to grab a spot, cut off on Peninsula behind my capital. And Inca went through 2 uu defenders too, that could only plink off maybe 6-7 hp on the Koa.

Its possible this is more a problem with the recon tree, recon xp, and ruin upgrades all combining in a way that needs fixing, but it is FUN, so we might instead say koa is a little over tuned for this scenario, maybe you consider something like -1 CS but +10% strength in a very situational application -- it's too bad we can't do bonus when adjacent to water only

Don't know if something like that has been ever reported, but I'm playing right now a round with Ottomans, and got 3 Bombards - 2 recruited of my own, and 1 from Vassal tribute. I don't think this is intended interaction, but I don't know if you can somehow control which units you get through tribute.

Attachments

• obraz_2024-04-18_205027317.png
    obraz_2024-04-18_205027317.png
    495.1 KB · Views: 29
Tribute units are given randomly based on the units you own. You just got a very lucky roll

Top Bottom