More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

Gave good ol' Montezuma a spin once more. I like both additions, although Eagle feels just a tad superfluous, being in between Jaguars and being able to upgrade them to Pikemen(upgrading Jaguars to just Spearmen is nearly pointless). Only need to field so many melee units, after all. It feels... narrow. Really good if you're waging war at the exact point you get Eagle(all the free workers!), but not much to blink at afterwards when upgraded, given that you probably already have a really good set of melee units to keep upgrading.

Granted, take this with the grain of salt that I went past Eagle to its' obsolescence in Gunpowder in a relatively quick fashion (having been on the top part of tech tree coming to Medieval), so it's possibly just a feeling based on that one game.

That said, I do not really have an obvious replacement idea either for the moment, as my familiarity with the Aztec history is not exactly much. (*makes a point to read up on it sometime*)

I think the unique national wonder of Aztecs Huey Dewey and Louie yields are a bit small myself. Like yes, there will be very much XP from the building in the long run and there's that free Golden Age to consider, but it feels a bit inferior to other Unique National Wonders. By the time the yields and XP from the thing are maxed, it's Renaissance at earliest assuming you got two punching bags around you to declare war > get good peace > declare war once peace treaty's over. It barely does anything much. I feel it could at least have the regular base 6 Faith so only 3:c5faith: above regular GT total. Seeing it's 3:c5faith: base, +3:c5food::c5faith::c5war:XP per Golden Age I like how the yields come in 3s to reference how there's three of Donald's nephews, but it feels a bit weak even though the flavour is ingenious

Maybe increase the yields per building, too? Might be unneeded, but still. Or I have an idea, maybe Huey T.'s effect could be intact and as is now, but in addition every existing Temple in every city gets +1:c5faith:1:c5food: every time you get a GA, up to 4-6 per city. That means already existing cities will become very Foody and Faithy if you get wars, but cities that don't have Temples yet won't be as nice until you get temples and GAs afterwards. Niche nobody else has, having their old cities get (slightly) stronger through won wars.

That's a tremendous amount of yield bloat...

The reason the HT only has base 3:c5faith: faith is because the GA triggered immediately adds 1 charge to the building's ability, so it functionally has 6:c5faith:3:c5food:3:c5war:XP. As is, the building gives a steady 33:c5faith:30:c5food:30:c5war:XP when maxed, which is actually pretty insane. The food potential alone makes this one of the most potent buildings in the game, because that's almost equivalent to all other food buildings combined. Combined with other food buildings, the Floating Garden, and the :c5food: on Barracks, this building allows the Aztec capital to support >30:c5citizen: pop solely on building yields.

I haven't played an Aztec game since the Floating Garden Buff, but I don't see any overt problems with the HT kit as presented. It's an absurd amount of raw food. BattleIndia status confirmed.

Last edited:
I think HT is in a pretty good place right now, actually. If anything to it, I'd want to bump it to Philosophy, indirectly buffing it in the sense that you'll be able to start with the bonus stacking earlier. But that's the only change I'd want for it, if that.

Yeah, but 6:c5faith:3:c5food::c5war: is not impressive compared to base one's 6:c5faith:, even if a Temple is free and you get a free Golden Age. That's why I suggest at least an increase to the base one as this way it'll actually be pretty good as after the profit is accrued, the building does turn the capital different. I prefer Maria I's 16:c5production: 32:c5gold: in capital on normal map (assuming you can get to all city states and none are dead) with Naus, as well as 3 :c5gold: per University. Of course civs shouldn't be compared by their parts, but I think Aztecs NW is not as good as new and old UNWs, though it isn't worse by much. Whether that is fine when their entire kit is taken into account is another question.

@pineappledan That's good to know. I thought it applied to each city since the Yassa Court's description suggested as such, but that's a moot point. Also, the notification on the sidebar does not appear since it says
Code:
pPlayer:AddNotification
instead of
Code:
pNewPlayer:AddNotification

Here's the new version all packaged up for people. AE is a busy boy, so an official post might be another day or 2

So far I think goedendag is super valuable. I fought on 3 fronts trying to acquire some valuable resources and he's very nice. I like him post-rework, and my tactic of give him road + movement abilities is working. It's not nearly as effective as I imagined, but it's very convenient at catching trespassers, invaders and other never-do-wells.

Waag has a bug. I reached renaissance and have 3 monopolies and I am getting 23 :c5culture: 25 :c5production: 30+ Gold per Waag. It's randomly increasing - at one point I had 2 monopolies and was getting 6:c5culture:8:c5production:. At 1 Luxury it was the correct 1/1/1. I have no idea why it's happening, but if the bug existed for Songhai that explains why I've always seen them run away like mad. It might just be the UI, but I don't know.
I suspect it might be increasing its values for each Waag existing on top of luxuries, basically like that Korean thing but also luxuries. I suspect, because the numbers don't add up, there's more yields than I have Waag + luxury monopolies.

Last edited:
I understand the bug! I am actually getting 21/23 :c5culture::c5production: and more :c5gold:, 7 Waags in my 22 city empire and 3 Monopolies. The way it works is number of monopolies x number of Waags equals what a Waag gives (that and it's base yields, 2G2P). It shouldn't be multiplying itself by the number of Waags. I'm the absolute overlord of Culture right now.

Also the puppets aren't focusing the Waags at all. Many cities have a Market, Chancery or something and decide to go for a non unique building like Customs House or Library instead. Does this one have some special flavour so the City AI knows it should have a priority? I think it should be upped, if so, to make the AI more likely to build it.

Yup! The building yield table is the wrong one. I added the yields to the buildingclassyield table rather than the buildingclasslocalyield table :(

Here's my second attempt for a v 40. a v40.1 if you will.
Added ITREnd to Agora. Buffed Huey Teocalli, Nerfed Yassa Court, Fixed Waag:
Code:
v40:
- 01/15 Compatibility:
    - re-added deleted coastal biases for Byzantium/Indonesia/Korea
    - added Building_YieldFromInternalTREnd to Baan Chang, Andelvaegelse, and Agora
- disabled/removed:
    - Horse Archer ==> Disabled new Horse Archer promotion due to performance issues
    - Polder Movement Restriction ==> Deleted due to performance impact and poor reception
- tweaked/modified:
    - E-temenanki     ==> increased instant yield from purchase to 25% of food/science
                    ==> increased base yields to 4 culture, 4 food, 2 faith
    - University of Coimbra ==> increased bonus to Universities to 3 gold
    - Huey Teocalli    ==> added +3 Food to base Huey
    - Yassa Court     ==> Removed Minority Happiness and Distress Reduction (now only reduces Illiteracy/Boredom). Needs reduction is more sensitive now; Yassa was too powerful.
    - Goedendag ==> Burgemeeste rework: now +50%CS if beginning turn in City
    - Gumey rework
        ==> Removed bonus per monopoly on empire (moved to Waag)
        ==> Added +2 gold for trade routes to/from city
        ==> Added 2 Gold/Production/Culture if a Caravan moves through city (like village improvement)
    - Waag rework
        ==> Removed bonus Defense and %GPP for every import/export luxury
        ==> Removed +3 gold to Market in City
        ==> Added +5 base city defense
        ==> Added +1 Culture/Production/Gold for every Monopoly on Empire (moved from Gumey)
    - Riad rework
        ==> Removed bonus for TRs in city
        ==> Added +1 gold and +1 tourism per Era
        ==> Added 15% of gold converted to G Merchant Points in city
        ==> fixed minor text error
    - Teutonic Order rework
        ==> Removed Chapter promotion
        ==> Added +2 production to Castles on Empire
        ==> Increased faith to +4
        ==> Moved forward to Iron Working
        ==> Added -5% population threshhold for Reformation
        ==> Added 25 Faith on Kill
    - Homestead rework
        ==> removed 25% border Growth
        ==> Ranch now claims owned resources
        ==> added +25% settler/worker production
        ==> Homestead unlocks Pioneer early
        ==> Added 15 production on citizen birth
    - Persia rework
        ==> removed +50% GA length on UA (unstacked from Pairidaeza)
        ==> increased Gold to GAP to 15%, up from 10%
        ==> Moved Pairidaeza unlock to Currency, reduced cost to 200
        ==> Increased yield per population on Satraps Court to 1 per 4, up from 1 per 5

Attachments

• More Unique Components for VP (v 40).zip
    26 MB · Views: 104
Siam has a Unique Workshop, hope you didn't miss that one for the new ITR End change.
" - added Building_YieldFromInternalTREnd to Baan Chang, Andelvaegelse, and Agora"

Okay one more try:
MuCfVP v 40.2 - Added 2 iron to Alti Cur (in keeping with G's latest hotfix)

Attachments

• More Unique Components for VP (v 40).zip
    26 MB · Views: 128
Quite Pleased by the changes for teutonic order :thumbsup:, i will miss chapter promotion, but it's a good deal since the other changes are very nice

Top Bottom