3rd UU/UB Suggestions

As yet unsuggested third uniques: Unique Units, Unique Buildings, Unique Improvements

America - Frontiersman
Arabia - Madrassah
Brazilian - Cassador
Byzantine - Hippodrome
Carthaginian - Cothon
Celtic - Dun
Chinese - Arquebusier
Dutch - Dike
Egyptian - Felucca
English - Redcoat
Ethiopian - Oromo Warrior
French - Salon
German - Rathaus
Greek - Odeon
Incan - Chasquis, Quechua Warrior
Indian - Rajput
Mayan - Cenote
Ottoman - Hammam
Polynesian - Outrigger Canoe
Roman - Forum
Russian - Gulag
Songhai - Skirmisher
Spanish - Citadel/Citadel

*I suggested uniques regardless of what civs preexisting strengths are; e.g. Germany has 2 UUs but I suggested another UU and another UB. Not every civ has an alternate suggestion in my opinion, so they are not included in the list.

I think the Mameluke or the Abna spearman would be better as the second Arabian unit.

I would say that Mamelukes are more of an Egyptian unit really... But then Egypt is focused towards Ancient Egypt and not Medieval so I would think about that one

As yet unsuggested third uniques: Unique Units, Unique Buildings, Unique Improvements

America - Frontiersman
Arabia - Madrassah
Brazilian - Cassador
Byzantine - Hippodrome
Carthaginian - Cothon
Celtic - Dun
Chinese - Arquebusier
Dutch - Dike
Egyptian - Felucca
English - Redcoat
Ethiopian - Oromo Warrior
French - Salon
German - Rathaus
Greek - Odeon
Incan - Chasquis, Quechua Warrior
Indian - Rajput
Mayan - Cenote
Ottoman - Hammam
Polynesian - Outrigger Canoe
Roman - Forum
Russian - Gulag
Songhai - Skirmisher
Spanish - Citadel/Citadel

*I suggested uniques regardless of what civs preexisting strengths are; e.g. Germany has 2 UUs but I suggested another UU and another UB. Not every civ has an alternate suggestion in my opinion, so they are not included in the list.

You have provided a good list here I must admit althought some of them I don't feel are right, mainly the Gulag. The Gulag would cause problems because they are basically just a Soviet Concentration Camp and it might risk the devs having some problems caused for them. But most of these are good suggestions and we are now beginning to get a good list together, so I am planning to have it changed to 4 UUs/UBs as thats a more substantial number and I think its just right because I dont think you can get more than 4 for some civs like Polynesia.
Does anyone know how to change the title of this thread btw?

You have provided a good list here I must admit althought some of them I don't feel are right, mainly the Gulag. The Gulag would cause problems because they are basically just a Soviet Concentration Camp and it might risk the devs having some problems caused for them. But most of these are good suggestions and we are now beginning to get a good list together, so I am planning to have it changed to 4 UUs/UBs as thats a more substantial number and I think its just right because I dont think you can get more than 4 for some civs like Polynesia.

Edit the OP and there is a place to change the title of the thread.

Dutch Ruyter? Aztec Skull Knight and Tlaloc Canoe?

Some people are playing Age of Empires III too much haha..

For the Dutch I certainly agree with stonecutter that the Dike would be a much better UB/UU

From the UnOfficial Expansion: Rise and Fall of Empires' ModMod 'More Uniques' (Development Document)

More Uniques |
Civilization | Unique Component|
America | Navy SEAL (Marine) |
Arabia | Madrassa (University) |
Austria | Lanwehr (Great War Infantary) |
Aztecs | Eagle Warrior |
Babylon (DLC)| Sappers (Axeman) |
Byzantium | Hilsside Monastery |
Carthage | Numidian Mercenary (Horse Archer)|
Celts | Gaellic Warrior (Warrior), Iceni Chariots (Chariot) |
China | Junker (Caravel)|
Denmark | Drakkar (Galleass) , Housecarl (Axeman) - Replacing Norwegian Ski Infantary|
Egypt | Obelisk (Building Avaible at Mansory) |
England | Redcoat (Musketman) |
Ethiopia | Oromo Warrior (Warrior) |
France | Salon (Avaible at Architecture ) |
Germany | U Boat (Submarine) |
Greece | Agora (Market) |
Huns | Yurt (Palace) |
Inca | Quechua Warrior (Warrior) |
India | Sepoy (Musketman) |
Iroquois | Mohawahk Prowler (Axeman) |
Japan | Dojo (Barracks) |
Korea | Seowon (University) |
Maya | Holkan (Spearmen) |
Mongolia | Ger (Stable) or Laminate Bowman (Composite Bowman)|
Netherlands | Scheepswerf (Seaport) |
Persia | Mahout |
Polynesia (DLC)| Double Headed Canoe (Galley) |
Ottomans | Hamam (Public Baths) or Caravansarais (Engineering) |
Rome | Thermae (Public Baths) |
Russia | Hind (Helicopter Gunship)|
Siam | Seri Thai |
Songhai | Sofa (Pikeman) |
Spain | Three Decker (Galleon)|
Sweden | Bollhuset (Theatre)

Portugal: Nau (Carrack), Feitoria (Harbor), Bandeirante (Musketman)

From the UnOfficial Expansion: Rise and Fall of Empires' ModMod 'More Uniques' (Development Document)

More Uniques |
Civilization | Unique Component|
America | Navy SEAL (Marine) |
Arabia | Madrassa (University) |
Austria | Lanwehr (Great War Infantary) |
Aztecs | Eagle Warrior |
Babylon (DLC)| Sappers (Axeman) |
Byzantium | Hilsside Monastery |
Carthage | Numidian Mercenary (Horse Archer)|
Celts | Gaellic Warrior (Warrior), Iceni Chariots (Chariot) |
China | Junker (Caravel)|
Denmark | Drakkar (Galleass) , Housecarl (Axeman) - Replacing Norwegian Ski Infantary|
Egypt | Obelisk (Building Avaible at Mansory) |
England | Redcoat (Musketman) |
Ethiopia | Oromo Warrior (Warrior) |
France | Salon (Avaible at Architecture ) |
Germany | U Boat (Submarine) |
Greece | Agora (Market) |
Huns | Yurt (Palace) |
Inca | Quechua Warrior (Warrior) |
India | Sepoy (Musketman) |
Iroquois | Mohawahk Prowler (Axeman) |
Japan | Dojo (Barracks) |
Korea | Seowon (University) |
Maya | Holkan (Spearmen) |
Mongolia | Ger (Stable) or Laminate Bowman (Composite Bowman)|
Netherlands | Scheepswerf (Seaport) |
Persia | Mahout |
Polynesia (DLC)| Double Headed Canoe (Galley) |
Ottomans | Hamam (Public Baths) or Caravansarais (Engineering) |
Rome | Thermae (Public Baths) |
Russia | Hind (Helicopter Gunship)|
Siam | Seri Thai |
Songhai | Sofa (Pikeman) |
Spain | Three Decker (Galleon)|
Sweden | Bollhuset (Theatre)

Portugal: Nau (Carrack), Feitoria (Harbor), Bandeirante (Musketman)

Thats another good list, we really are getting some good ideas together now :D
Althought there are some I disagree with like the Obelisk because the Monument is an Obelisk. Theres a lot of similiarities here, which is good to see that other people share the same ideas also.

Edit the OP and there is a place to change the title of the thread.

What do you mean edit the OP?
And I would appreciate it if you please told me where this place is :)

For Arabia I would suggest Madrissah or Mobile guards.

Khalid-bin-Walid's mobile guard were extremely powerful & frequently crushed numerically superior Byzantine & Persian armies due to his genius tactics as well as the regiment's great mobility.

Madrissah is an obvious one. It would give faith flavour to Arabia. A replacement of university which comes earlier than standard university with some faith boost or library replacement with extra science & faith would make a lot of sense.

For Aztecs, Eagle warriors would be an interesting choice, replacing spearman would make Aztecs an excellent rush civ. The heal after kill could be moved to eagles + they would have + 1 move while Jaguars could have bonus Vs melee + faith yields whenever they attack enemy units.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

@Babri

Mobile Guards were just epic force.

Mutaharrik Tulai'a (I think this is original name of Mobile Guards)

Thanks for suggesting everyone!
And I have also thought of a possible new unit, Zeppelins that could come earilier than Great War Bombers and act as early bombers but would obviously be quite weak.
The Germans first used them in WW1 to bomb Britain and were the first ever form of bombers that I think would go well with the Industrial age side of BNW.

Instead of Volksgrenadier for Germany, maybe Jaegers or Reiters instead?

Actually it was meant to be a UI, not a UB; it could be an interesting Fort replacement. I do realize it is a bit controversial, but with Russia I feel like I'm scraping the bottom of the bowl a little.

Instead of Volksgrenadier for Germany, maybe Jaegers or Reiters instead?

I personally would prefer Volksgrenadiers as it would fit perfectly to go with the Panzers and cover Germany's main time period - The World Wars. Because now in Civ 5, Firaxis are focusing to make the game for a wider audience so Germany being focused on the Industrial-Modern period would be understandable for most people.
Another thing is the Jaegers were mainly paid to be mercenaries for other European power's colonies in America :/

Top Bottom