40 Civilizations: Choose Your Own Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can't argue with any of your points. Im just saying whoever thought of the retirement plan should have seen this coming, if they were as smart as I would hope they were. And now where down to the ultimate culprit, American Greed. Everyone wants their piece of the pie and no one wants to give too much up.

I agree, also may I remind people that it wasn't a bad idea at the time. Back then the retirement age was HIGHER then the life expectancy, so almost nobody actually got to reap the rewards. That is why most economists are advocating for a raise in the retirement age and most unions/people are saying F*** You, I want my money. Even though there is no money to receive...
And its gotten to the point that its a paradox:
If you raise the retirement you'll isolate more then 20% of votes, making it almost impossible to win the following election
If you don't raise the retirement age you'll run the economy into the ground, making it almost impossible to win the following election
Either way, its a political career killer...

Political disucssion was 3.5 weeks ago

NEWS UPDATE (Part 3 of 3)

Oh yeah, the long awaited 3 part game restart update. I hope that you guys haven't forgotten that this is a Civ story ;)

Even with my stack of Javelineer's, I'm still not listed on the powers list. That says a lot about my opponents
Spoiler :

Alas, we must use that stack of Javelineer's for SOMETHING...
Spoiler :

This angers the Czech people, who are summoned by the Indians. Notice how BUG tells me that Ghandi asked him to declare war on me. This means he is not prepared for the war and will not have a SoD at my doorstep immediately
Spoiler :

Calling on your friends won't make me spare your life, Ghandi. The capital city of Delhi falls, ending the reign of the Indian's
Spoiler :

Then I meet myself. Awkward...
Spoiler :

And he's itching for a war. So I get him to keep Masaryk happy
Spoiler :

The Lebanese decide that this is a good time to attack me. Notice how he declared war on me all by himself? This means that he's prepared, and Fakhr-Al-Din demonstrates this by sending 6 Javalineer's to my doorstep
Spoiler :

The Khmer join in on the fun against the Czech. Meanwhile, combating the many Lebanese units is made easier by the fact that Fakhr loves to send his units on the open plains
Spoiler :

The Roman's then join in on the fun against Masaryk
Spoiler :

Cleopatra joins in too. Except she joins in on the wrong person. In case your wondering, Deganawida is at war with Masaryk
Spoiler :

My three spearmen fight through the strip of Lebanese land to come to their capital city of Beirut. Through really lucky RNG, my units are still at full health.
Spoiler :

Using all my units, we suffer one casualty, and win a 67% and 77% chance battle to claim victory over Lebanon. This seems like a good place to stop for the next story update
Spoiler :

Nice update!

It is interesting that the Yoshiegg737 Leader can be so easily bribed into war by someone towards whom he is only Cautious and seemingly against ANYONE, :lol:.

I like the fact that the full-sized images were included, instead of say, having to click on each one to view its larger size. However, if I may provide some constructive criticism, I find it really hard to read the text of the auto-resized images. Is there a way for you to make it so that the images do not get shrunk thus? It's a bit hard to follow who declared war on whom, etc, since the text in the screenshots is very hard to read.

I have not used photobucket, but I imagine that they are to blame for the resizing. Is there some sort of option that you can use for the future in order to have them not resize the images?

Yes, if I used Imageshack, there is an option not to resize.

The reason why these pictures look so weird is because I played CYOA on my awesome desktop, which has a really big monitor and is running at a really high resolution.

I'll try re-posting the update with Imageshack to see if there is any difference. It's only 12 screenies after all. Once I do, the pictures are gonna be REALLY big :p

I'll try re-posting the update with Imageshack to see if there is any difference. It's only 12 screenies after all. Once I do, the pictures are gonna be REALLY big :p
Okay, thanks for trying it out. You could always test it with 1 picture first, to make sure that it will work.

Since you spoilered each of the images, I think that it would be an improvement to have large-sized images where the text is easier to read, even if it means that we might have to perform some horizontal scrolling after opening the spoiler tags.

If the images will be made to be easier to read, then I will promise to re-read the update! :)

I saw your VM to Civ'ed you were updating this today but I didn't really believed it ;) nice to see I was wrong not to believe you :lol:

Anyway, since the first time I saw the Yoshiegg737 LH I wondered.... Is that an accurate reflection :p

Ok, I re-did the update. The pictures are much larger now
Verrrry purdy, thank you!

Now I know what you were talking about when you said that the Czechs were bribed into war against you by Gandhi, since I can now read the message that states:
"The evil Indian have convinced the treacherous Czech to declare war on us!"

That's pretty nice functionality, although I have never seen it before, even though I use the BUG Mod on occasion. Perhaps I have a more out-dated version of BUG, perhaps I just haven't been through that experience, perhaps I am not as observant as I would like to think, or perhaps that functionality comes with a Mod other than the BUG Mod.

Hey, neat, you got a tech for capturing a City!

Also, I can now see the flags and actually get a feel for which units on the battlefield are yours and which aren't.

High-def has its plus sides! :goodjob:

Yayz, this isn't dead!
Now to go pester HJ to update his Greek story...

wait......HJ has an Greek story???

Maybe he meant NC :D

Comedic Tale... that's never been HJ ;)

@Olaf: Get on RP Chat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom