8.1x Bugs Thread

Some xml files from the Scion module are duplicated in the Jotnar module. (ie, the Jotnar module has a bunch of Jotnar files and a bunch of Scion files.)
The SVN software played tricks on me. Just delete any SCIONS_ files in the Jotnar folder. I did not want to upload 500mb again and I can't delete files with a patch. It will be fixed in the next big version.

Not sure if this is a WM bug or perhaps even a FFH bug.

But animals (maybe barbarians too?) destroy Pieces of Barnaxus and other items, instead of capturing them. My game got ruined playing Luchuirp on this, had a 98% against a lizardman, lost, and a goddamn invisible spider destroyed both Orthus' Axe and Pieces of Barnaxus. Later found the spider(it was named so yes, it was the same, also scouted the whole area, and no other civilization visited it) but items were nowhere to be found.

Needless to say, playing Luchuirp without +50% str on golems is an exercise in futility(in my opinion at least), so I retired.

PS: Orthus might be too powerful, once it gets combat promotions it's all but unkillable for young civilizations, and it just runs around destroying your improvements and can Seriously hamper your growth, or even just destroy you. I got lucky in this game, he arrived with 7 promotions, destroyed many many of my improvements. But I got lucky, I threw five warriors, one flesh golem, and finally Barnaxus on him. And Barnaxus beat him with 12% odds (and gained a horsehockyload of promotions).

[to_xp]Gekko;9138924 said:
HN units do that, yeah it's annoying, not sure if it can be fixed though.

It is (IMO) a gamebreaker for Luchuirp though, so it should be addressed if at all possible. Thanks for clarifying it has to do with HN.

TJust delete any SCIONS_ files in the Jotnar folder.

Whoa.
If you want a surreal experience delete them during a game in progress.
A warrior, for example, turned into a Matzal Principis with Balefire.

Alcinus went turned barbarian and a *new* Alcinus popped up in my capital.

Where's the code that generates a new Alcinus?

A couple of ideas for a more bullet-proof Alcinus method that doesn't involve looping every turn:

A) The Scion-loop-over-units already checks for Alcinus. Don't have it make him Immortal, then expand it:

1) If Alcinus is not present check against a random number, the number depending on game speed.
2) If the check succeeds then loop over the Barbarian units for Alcinus. If found, stop.
3) Create Alcinus in the capital.

Ok, so there's a loop-over-units. But only occasionally, and only when the Scions don't have Alcinus. If you think that's a decent idea, Stephi, I can try setting it up.

B) Err... Make his return an Adept or Disciple spell rather than automatic. It just occurred to me that the req for the spell, however, would require a unit-loop for both the Scions and Barbarians, and for every available caster avey turn. If so, I guess that's a terrible idea.

Alcinus went turned barbarian and a *new* Alcinus popped up in my capital.
i had the same experience. that was in the same game where i also had double alcinus when i upgraded him.

But animals (maybe barbarians too?) destroy Pieces of Barnaxus and other items, instead of capturing them. My game got ruined playing Luchuirp on this, had a 98% against a lizardman, lost, and a goddamn invisible spider destroyed both Orthus' Axe and Pieces of Barnaxus. Later found the spider(it was named so yes, it was the same, also scouted the whole area, and no other civilization visited it) but items were nowhere to be found.

Yeah, that sucks. It confirms an awesome game I had, where a spider went through a portal, found the jade torc, and was basically pinned down by a pair of goblin forts, but accrued mass exp, and spawned other spiders. Held out forever, but eventually all were killed.

So I formed a questing party to sail across the world in search of the lost jade torc. Never found it. Now I know why. :(

But HN units like nightwatch or masked divided souls can pick up items, so I think it has to do with barbarian civs, not HN.

it is not a bug but..I dunno to where to put it....please change mazatl starting cultural value "religion"... to either nationalism or pacifism; mazatl is agnostic, so that...

WoC, sometimes game simply hanged, sometimes still tried to turn...

oh and please give to harmatt ( austrin explorerUU) "carries birds" ability...

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    578.5 KB · Views: 62

Needless to say, playing Luchuirp without +50% str on golems is an exercise in futility(in my opinion at least), so I retired.

PS: Orthus might be too powerful, once it gets combat promotions it's all but unkillable for young civilizations, and it just runs around destroying your improvements and can Seriously hamper your growth, or even just destroy you. I got lucky in this game, he arrived with 7 promotions, destroyed many many of my improvements. But I got lucky, I threw five warriors, one flesh golem, and finally Barnaxus on him. And Barnaxus beat him with 12% odds (and gained a horsehockyload of promotions).

Could the Pieces of Barnaxus be given Immortality? Then, in the rare case of a HN unit killing them, they would repop in the Luchurip capital.

Maybe that would cause a CTD if the pieces were destroyed after the Luchurip were eliminated though...

Despite the muddled thinking on display in my last post on the subject, I think I've got a solution for the Alcinus multiple-spawn problem.

The python below, for doTurnScions in CvFFHPLUS, works in my tests.
Everyone once in awhile it checks the Scions, then Barbarians, for an Alcinus. If none is found it spawns one in the Scion capital.

There's a game speed adjustment, and the Alcinus spawned is appropriate for the tech level. A random arcane promotion may be added to the Mage and Archmage versions when they spawn.

Spoiler :

Code:
	if pPlayer.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_KNOWLEDGE_OF_THE_ETHER')):
		iAlcinusClass = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_ALCINUS')
		iAlcinusUpgradeClass = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_ALCINUS_UPGRADED')
		iAlcinusArchmageClass = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_ALCINUS_ARCHMAGE')
		if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(iAlcinusClass) + pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(iAlcinusUpgradeClass) + pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(iAlcinusArchmageClass) == 0:
			iAlcinusOdds = 6
			estiEnd = CyGame().getEstimateEndTurn()
			if ( estiEnd >= 1500 ):
				iAlcinusOdds = 2
			elif ( estiEnd >= 750 ):
				iAlcinusOdds = 3
			elif ( estiEnd >= 500 ):
				iAlcinusOdds = 4
			elif ( estiEnd >= 330 ):
				iAlcinusOdds = 5
			else:
				iAlcinusOdds = iAlcinusOdds
			if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(20, "Alcinus spawn check") < iAlcinusOdds:
				if gc.getPlayer(gc.getBARBARIAN_PLAYER()).getUnitClassCount(iAlcinusClass) + gc.getPlayer(gc.getBARBARIAN_PLAYER()).getUnitClassCount(iAlcinusUpgradeClass) + gc.getPlayer(gc.getBARBARIAN_PLAYER()).getUnitClassCount(iAlcinusArchmageClass) == 0:
						if pPlayer.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_STRENGTH_OF_WILL')):
							newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ALCINUS_ARCHMAGE'), pTomb.getX(), pTomb.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
							newUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ESTRANGED'), True)
							lPromoList = []
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_AIR2', 'PROMOTION_AIR3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_BODY2', 'PROMOTION_BODY3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_CHAOS2', 'PROMOTION_CHAOS3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_DEATH2', 'PROMOTION_DEATH3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_EARTH2', 'PROMOTION_EARTH3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_ENCHANTMENT2', 'PROMOTION_ENCHANTMENT3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_ENTROPY2', 'PROMOTION_ENTROPY3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FIRE2', 'PROMOTION_FIRE3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_ICE2', 'PROMOTION_ICE3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_LAW2', 'PROMOTION_LAW3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_LIFE2', 'PROMOTION_LIFE3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_METAMAGIC2', 'PROMOTION_METAMAGIC3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_MIND2', 'PROMOTION_MIND3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_NATURE2', 'PROMOTION_NATURE3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_SHADOW2', 'PROMOTION_SHADOW3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_SPIRIT2', 'PROMOTION_SPIRIT3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_SUN2', 'PROMOTION_SUN3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_WATER2', 'PROMOTION_WATER3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_CREATION2', 'PROMOTION_CREATION3']
							lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FORCE2', 'PROMOTION_FORCE3']
							sPromo = lPromoList[CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(lPromoList), "Pick Promotion")-1]
							newUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString(sPromo), True)	
						else:
							if pPlayer.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_SORCERY')):
								newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ALCINUS_UPGRADED'), pTomb.getX(), pTomb.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
								if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(14, "Learn new Spell")<3:			
									lPromoList = []
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_AIR1', 'PROMOTION_AIR2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_BODY1', 'PROMOTION_BODY2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_CHAOS1', 'PROMOTION_CHAOS2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_DEATH1', 'PROMOTION_DEATH2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_EARTH1', 'PROMOTION_EARTH2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_ENCHANTMENT1', 'PROMOTION_ENCHANTMENT2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_ENTROPY1', 'PROMOTION_ENTROPY2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FIRE1', 'PROMOTION_FIRE2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_ICE1', 'PROMOTION_ICE2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_LAW1', 'PROMOTION_LAW2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_LIFE1', 'PROMOTION_LIFE2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_METAMAGIC1', 'PROMOTION_METAMAGIC2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_MIND1', 'PROMOTION_MIND2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_NATURE1', 'PROMOTION_NATURE2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_SHADOW1', 'PROMOTION_SHADOW2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_SPIRIT1', 'PROMOTION_SPIRIT2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_SUN1', 'PROMOTION_SUN2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_WATER1', 'PROMOTION_WATER2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_CREATION1', 'PROMOTION_CREATION2']
									lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FORCE1', 'PROMOTION_FORCE2']
									sPromo = lPromoList[CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(lPromoList), "Pick Promotion")-1]
									newUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString(sPromo), True)	
							else:
								newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ALCINUS'), pTomb.getX(), pTomb.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)

Other needed changes: Remove "Immortal" from all three Alcinus unitinfos. Remove the awarding of the Immortal promo. from Alcinus' madness check.

This also fixes a balance problem with the Scions. In FF Alcinus' Immortality was balanced by his habit of joining other civs after dying. There needs to be more of a penalty for losing Alcinus in WM. The code above doesn't allow him to keep accumulated xps or promos.

that is strange.
the game were he acted like this is found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9126426&postcount=45 (WM 8.10 i believe)
he switched between rok and empyrean
i an earlier game i found out that the malakim (i do not know the leader of that game) tried and succeeded to get most of the holy cities and switched between various religions.

I've found nothing about the "preserve forest" ability, has anyone had a problem with it ? I have searched for hidden path already but workers don't want to make some, on ancient forest tiles. So I wonder if it's the patch (8.11) or if I miss something

should be fixed next patch

I added some code to make former-Centini units Undead.

After I realized that not only was it not working, but that the function had already been added, I noticed a problem:

Line 2274 of CvFFHPLUS is removing Undead from Headless units, not adding it. "false" to "true" fixes it.

thanks, fixed

Top Bottom