8 City Challenge

I put the settler there because I thought we agreed on that spot. About the GP & Esp cities are a bit far away and will have a big hole in the empire.

I like Seoul for a GP and Pynog for Esp, why did you mark 1SE for Esp? We would have to raze Pynog for that site. Take those 2 cities and let him have the rest. We'd need cats to wear down those Pro archers, or would enough swords do it?

I like Seoul for a GP and Pynog for Esp, why did you mark 1SE for Esp? We would have to raze Pynog for that site.

Pyong overlaps quite much with Seoul and it misses the iron tile. This spot would also replace useless coast tiles with river grasslands.

Take those 2 cities and let him have the rest. We'd need cats to wear down those Pro archers, or would enough swords do it?

If we decide this, we could really use catapults. But we should decide it quite soon. Alphabet doesn't have value if he is pissed. Then again Mathematics is on a way to Construction.

What do others think? Kill him or settle couple of our cities far to south? :)

Personally I vote kill/cripple him. But I'd wait until catas myself, and try to have a few more cities out too.

So we have four "yes" for the kill (I'm included). So... abandon Alphabet and research Fishing, then head towards Mathematics -> Calendar -> Construction -> Currency -> Masonry -> Mononotheism? (whops, that list came longer than I intended :p)

I still don't get the clue in taking down Wang. In case we take his core he'd be mostly useless except the cities for our shrine.. But I'm pretty sure he neither would tech good enough to become a valid tech-partner nor would he give anything because of the diplo (even though I'm not completely sure about that..) So just for the protocol: I'd still vote "No" on going for Wang!
Techwise Fishing is indeed a good idea, but rexing and going for construction will become hard.. And as long as we don't know who are the other opponents we may loose the GLib race 'cause of this way..

While I'm still in favour of going after Wang, I do feel, like Thy, that if we divert away from Alpha>Aesth>Lit we will lose out on the Library so I'd rather not go for fishing at this very moment.

I feel there is still some discussion needed on this issue, so I'll hold off on playing at least a few hours and maybe until tomorrow.

if we divert away from Alpha>Aesth>Lit we will lose out on the Library so I'd rather not go for fishing at this very moment.

Our next city (military or naval) is quite useless without a fishing net. And why do we need Alphabet again? I also don't see the Glib that mandatory especially as we are not running Representation. IMO it's not worth it, if we have to delay catapults and Wang's cities because of it.

I'm thinking as regards the Science city. And I was of the opinion that we were working towards the wonder. And while Alpha is not neccessary for the tech path, it does allow us to start trading with Wang at friendly, and look at techs if we meet neighbours.

We could drop Alpha right now (I personally prefer keeping on techs except placeholders) but I think getting the Library will be a big boost Rep or not.

while Alpha is not neccessary for the tech path, it does allow us to start trading with Wang at friendly, and look at techs if we meet neighbours.

I doubt he will be friendly after we take Seoul... :p

Glib is a great wonder, but I still feel like Calendar, Constuction and Currency will benefit us more. We should not delay the attack for too long. We will off course do as the team ultimately decides, so voice your opinions :)

I know all our feelings are mixed about to whether to keep or kill Wang, so let's tech fishing and continue on to get the library. Let Wang continue to Rex out the rest of the island some, and once we get literature we can decide at that time to take out those two cities. I think by the end you will have a better foothold with better cities and still become a good Tech trader.

Ok I've played the 15 turns, not much happened, except for a few barb incursions to the south.

Turnlog:
T111:
Found Army 1N of the Marble, start granary, will chop out.
Swap to fishing @100%

T112:
Our archer by naval site beats a barb one.

T114:
Fishing is in> Aesth science back to 0%

T115:
Archer in Science beats archer warrior pair.

T116:
Cap 1T whips worker into another worker.
Archer by naval site beats Axe. Give Guerilla 1, thought more useful atm than shock.

T117:
Science archer wins in IT to archer, gets CG2.

T118:
Science archer wins again.

T119:
Science to 100%, will have enough for Aesth, with a bit to spare just in case.

T122:
Army Granary>Workboat.

T124:
Whip the worker in the capital into an Archer, there is a barb one looks like heading to Money.

T125:
Money whips the library.
Barb archer has diverted to Science, worker in path stopped, and ready to move.

Thoughts:
Nice handy set so far, just the slight hiccough at the end with the archer coming in from a bad angle, neccessitating a capital whip while under anger.
I'd say the workers we have are fine for now, and a bit more REXing is called for next, to get out to Meiz's production and naval spots. By then we should have the Lib started, and a start on our army for Wang.

Attachments

• 8 City Challenge BC-0875.CivBeyondSwordSave
    129.7 KB · Views: 50
cripp
Brian - just went
Matrix - up
Meiz - on deck
Spellcraft
yena

Got it.

So uh, first thing is to deal with these barbs... two of them are closing in on the Science city. The warrior will attack the city in two turns, while the archer will attack in three. But our archer that will be built next turn will not be able to get down there so soon. What should I do?

we already have a lot of whip anger in our Capital and Commerce, whip out another archer or axe in the Science city and send him to fogbust. Send the axe in the west 1S and the archer 1SE. With our Capital having a border pop soon, we can move those units.

Capital has 58:hammers: ready, put in a Granary, then a couple units to fogbust. We need a settler for the next Production site, but need to get the barbs under control, barb axes and swords will appear soon.

I'd say chances are good that the Science archer will survive both actions, he's already CG2 and fully fortified. But yes a better fogbusting screen would be a good idea. Maybe get a couple of axes out.

And whip anger should only be one person in money city. I waited until it subsided before whipping the library.

Looking good so far:) We are on the top of GNP, and it's going to continue to go up.

Nothing much to add for the previous comments. Some very minor things:

- We can finally remove obelisks from the queue of money and science cities. Nice luck with the religion spreads :)

- Workers can soon start to prepare science city for the Glib. Basically improve the pigs and mine the hills.

- I think we can also remove that "City?" sign, can't we? :p

Top Bottom