1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A beginner needs help :(

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Barry Bonds, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Barry Bonds

Barry Bonds The Heretic Anthem

I just bought C3C today and I am TERRIBLE. Actually, I wouldn't say that, because I was crushing everyone else (but on chieftain).
    By the end of the medieval times, I was at -143 GPT. Please, how do I manage my economy? I really want to get to higher difficulty levels.
    Help sincerely appreciated!

2. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

Sounds like you built everything everywhere. I recommend the usual suspects...Read the war academy stuff on empire management. Play on a standard map at warlord level, chieftan teaches you very bad habits. Post a save here for the experts to look over and prepare for some honest criticism, but listen to it, theres lots they can teach you. Most of all, play the game, practice helps. Civ 3 is like sex, virgins aren't usually very good at it.

3. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

More of the usual suspects: Expand faster; build more workers; build more roads.

4. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Few things you could do:
    Read Civ3 war academy

Take a look at SGs in stories/tales forum.

Post a save of your game here. (with pictures so those w.o. civ 3 on their work computers could help you.

5. criminiminal

criminiminal Despotic Jingoist

...start by reading this site top to bottom.

i started a few years ago & am still reading new stuff all the time :thumbsup:

the things you find that you don'tknow will blow you away

^^
    thats great advice...you will learn a lot in there because you are reading how players play almost turn by turn in some stories.

good call Northern

6. iambenben

iambenben Prince

too many improvements maybe

remember to get citizens to work on gold mines