A New Dawn Beta Builds

The tech bug isn't a bug. There are over 400 techs the game needs to find a path through in the early game, so it takes a while. Wait like 5 minutes, and it will unfreeze. ;)

Hi Affores!

Could you shortly explain the fix you did for loading saved games in signle player, from 1.74 to 1.75 beta ?

I'll then look into the MP bug on this one.

One concern I do have about 1.75 beta2 is that stone is primarily an ancient-medieval times resource, yet it is very often placed on peaks which arent workable until much later in the game. Playing on an Erebus map, so far I have found 4 stone deposits, all on peaks.

Hi Affores!

Could you shortly explain the fix you did for loading saved games in signle player, from 1.74 to 1.75 beta ?

I'll then look into the MP bug on this one.

Okay - I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you know C++. If you don't, my explanation is worthless.

In 1.74, I realized I had forgot to save the extra landmark yields from civics, which caused the game to lose the information if you saved and reloaded a game. I couldn't just add the new saving information in a patch, it would break saves, so I tried to make the game recalculate it upon startup, here:

Code:
void CvPlayer::updateCache()
{
	int iI, iJ;
	for (iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumCivicOptionInfos(); iI++)
	{
		if (getCivics((CivicOptionTypes)iI) != NO_CIVIC)
		{
			for (iJ = 0; iJ < NUM_YIELD_TYPES; iJ++)
			{
				changeLandmarkYield((YieldTypes)iJ, GC.getCivicInfo(getCivics((CivicOptionTypes)iI)).getLandmarkYieldChanges(iJ));
			}
		}
	}

}

But I didn't realize that when I called that function, the arrays for the Landmark Yields hadn't been created yet, which caused a hard crash. The reason starting a new game, then loading your save works is because the game creates the arrays in the new game, then they are present when loading your save, which avoids the crash.

You asked. ;)

Beta 3 is Up!

There are a lot of visible changes. The government civics are totally overhauled. BUC have been partially removed, due to many issues. City Growth has been sped up to nearly RoM 2.7 levels.

Other not-so visible changes, updated to the latest BUG, BULL, RevDCM and Better AI.

Beta 3 is Up!

There are a lot of visible changes. The government civics are totally overhauled. BUC have been partially removed, due to many issues. City Growth has been sped up to nearly RoM 2.7 levels.

Other not-so visible changes, updated to the latest BUG, BULL, RevDCM and Better AI.

Goodies! :D

Just a bug from beta 2 here, dunno if you fixed it:

The Fishmongers Guild requires 5 Fisherman's huts in your empire, however, since this now upgrades to both the Fishing Port and the Trade Port, its quite hard to build the guild.

Just a bug from beta 2 here, dunno if you fixed it:

The Fishmongers Guild requires 5 Fisherman's huts in your empire, however, since this now upgrades to both the Fishing Port and the Trade Port, its quite hard to build the guild.

Only thing left from BUC is Monasteries upgrading to School and Admin building chains, that it. So your problem no longer applies in beta3, I think. Am I right, Afforess?

What is this for? City growth was to fast back then.

Due to awkwardness of 2.8 and afterward, and thus causing people to mod madly to compensate.

But don't worry. It is not exactly 2.71 speed. It is brought near to it but not to that level. Then when three tile radius become available (with Larger Cities or with no Larger Cities but with Admin building Metro or Capital Admin), the growth will slow down somewhat.

Im not sure it is AND that has this bug it certanly comes up in it. (or i dont understand something). Let me explain what i mean: if you look at a building you see the "actual" benefits of it, but often it seems that it cant be right. For example the moneylender: its description says it gives +x% gold, but actual says that while it gives the money it also gives -x hammers (sometimes food). Can that be right? Did i miss something or is it really a bug?

while im at it: why is Jeleens wonderful world map not working with Beta 2?

Im not sure it is AND that has this bug it certanly comes up in it. (or i dont understand something). Let me explain what i mean: if you look at a building you see the "actual" benefits of it, but often it seems that it cant be right. For example the moneylender: its description says it gives +x% gold, but actual says that while it gives the money it also gives -x hammers (sometimes food). Can that be right? Did i miss something or is it really a bug?

while im at it: why is Jeleens wonderful world map not working with Beta 2?

#1 Moneylender cost you one citizen. So these loss of hammer and food is due to loss of a citizen working on a tile. But don't worry about it in beta3 and future version because that line of buildings is reverted to default RoM.

#2 I'm not the greatest scenario maker so my only suspicion is due to two reasons: 1) no military civics under each leader in the file and 2) maybe something to do with resources (not sure here).

#1 Moneylender cost you one citizen. So these loss of hammer and food is due to loss of a citizen working on a tile. But don't worry about it in beta3 and future version because that line of buildings is reverted to default RoM.

#2 I'm not the greatest scenario maker so my only suspicion is due to two reasons: 1) no military civics under each leader in the file and 2) maybe something to do with resources (not sure here).

Thank you for the quick reply, i have complertely missed the part about costing a citizen.

Afforess, you did great work again! But it seems like that dynamic civ name option is missing in beta3.

Afforess, you did great work again! But it seems like that dynamic civ name option is missing in beta3.

Complain to RevDCM team :).

Is it save compatible with beta 2?

What is this for? City growth was to fast back then.

Possibly, but changing the growth in 2.8 was what broke RoM's balance with Happy and Healthiness. I'm reverting back to what worked.

And as os79 correctly said, the growth is nearly 2.71 levels, not exactly 2.71 levels. Remember, some civics affect growth now, as do buildings. And I changed it so when a city unlocks the third radius, growth takes twice as long.

Got moved into the interface tab. ;)

Top Bottom