A New Dawn Beta Builds

Affores,

Thanks for beta!

Could you change demolish building modcomp so that national wonders can be demolished without getting money.

I think it should be possible because now you have to abandon whole city if you want for example relocate your filling factory etc..

Afforess believes that mod comp to be a cheat because the AI can't use it. I don't maintain it any more and anyway allowing national wonders to be deleted can cause other problems eg all those free buildings which would have to be deleted in all those other cities.

Afforess believes that mod comp to be a cheat because the AI can't use it. I don't maintain it any more and anyway allowing national wonders to be deleted can cause other problems eg all those free buildings which would have to be deleted in all those other cities.

Would you like the AI to use it? At least at a simplistic level (building is now obsolete and is blocking other buildings via national or city limits) it would be easy enough to devise rules for use.

Would you like the AI to use it? At least at a simplistic level (building is now obsolete and is blocking other buildings via national or city limits) it would be easy enough to devise rules for use.

No offense to anyone, but anything thats helps IMPROVE or help TURN TIMES, is always needed. (IMHO);)

That'd be fine. I'd favor recoding it all in the DLL anyway (it's just a custom popup, you can add those.)

I never did it cause I had bigger fish to fry. Anyone notice that the AI will consider city trading, yet? ;)

hey afforess,

just noticed in the buildingsinfo file - you got two "town hall" buildings -
one is of the upgradable and one is of the civic options.

:)

Dang. Thanks, I'll fix that.

hey afforess,

i got another question,

im aware your not responsible, but do you have any idea why the plot list buttons are not working? this puzzles me for a long time and i keep forgeting to ask,
in better bug ai - fuyu enabled it,

any idea?

No idea. I guess I can dig around.

That'd be fine. I'd favor recoding it all in the DLL anyway (it's just a custom popup, you can add those.)

I never did it cause I had bigger fish to fry. Anyone notice that the AI will consider city trading, yet? ;)

What are the AI rules for city trading?

Nice work btw... good to see you came back.

What are the AI rules for city trading?

Nice work btw... good to see you came back.

AI will trade cities (not offer them... I wasn't sure that the AI should offer to sell/buy cities), but will sell or buy them. They will not buy them if they are in wars or have financial problems. They will sell cities that are losing them money and are not important, but still for a high price. Expect to trade 5 techs for 1 small city.

any chance of adding Static Leaderheads back in, or making an install option? I found those 3D models can really slow things down at times...

AI will trade cities (not offer them... I wasn't sure that the AI should offer to sell/buy cities), but will sell or buy them. They will not buy them if they are in wars or have financial problems. They will sell cities that are losing them money and are not important, but still for a high price. Expect to trade 5 techs for 1 small city.

I can think of a few situations where an AI would buy/sell a city.

During deire war the AI should sell off distant cities that are costing high maintenance and few resources. Some distance from capital check should be in place to prevent trading cities near the boarders during war. I can think of a few exploits.

As for the AI offering to buy a city, possibly during a distant war to get an air advantage. Like an island off an enemy coast perhaps.

any chance of adding Static Leaderheads back in, or making an install option? I found those 3D models can really slow things down at times...

Yes this would be perfect for multi players game.
maybe it can be an option like so many other (Revolution on\off, Barb civ ect . . .)

I have them in the unload modules section of Caveman2Cosmos, if you have that mod.;)

I can think of a few situations where an AI would buy/sell a city.

During deire war the AI should sell off distant cities that are costing high maintenance and few resources. Some distance from capital check should be in place to prevent trading cities near the boarders during war. I can think of a few exploits.

As for the AI offering to buy a city, possibly during a distant war to get an air advantage. Like an island off an enemy coast perhaps.

Okay, I'll look at also making the AI offer them up in trades, albeit infrequently.

Any other AI diplomacy tweaks needed?

Custom game, rev 448. Went to start and got an XML Load Error, "LoadXML call failed for module\Custom Leaderheads\Charles_V\Charles_V_Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml"

Custom game, rev 448. Went to start and got an XML Load Error, "LoadXML call failed for module\Custom Leaderheads\Charles_V\Charles_V_Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml"

Charles V is not in AND. I probably broke it removing the 2 civics.

There's something broken with 448 (or my install). I updated the SVN to 448, built the installer, and installed as normal. You saw the XML error I got already. Here's a few more:
- I am looking a settler that doesn't seem to have the "build city" command
- When I click to add something to my queue, it doesn't gray it out
- Weird XML key errors in the bug menu

And this is only 63 turns in!

Save game and screenshots attached
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Phoenix BC-4740.CivBeyondSwordSave
    341.8 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom