A New Dawn Beta Builds

Dark Ages? In the industrial era? lol Every AI has entered and is splintering apart due to revolutions. How do we exit it?

When playing against ruthless AI, Despot is the only way to go. I wish we had at least one more option that could handle all out war. I think the +1 unhappy face has made Democracy and Federal useless when fighting a formidable military. The AI agrees with me, all of them are in the industrial/modern era and refuse to be anything but a Despot. There was one nation that tried monarchy early on and got picked apart by its neighbors.

GREAT JOB WITH BUILDING UPGRADE CHAINS!!!!!!!!!!!! I always have the worst experience with those and I am ending the modern era with zero issues. THANK YOU!!!

I found that many wonders are missing their vids.
I am also seeing a few more CTDs than I did in the Beta 2, but I can never reproduce them.

About the Civics again. Civ is always way too much war for my likes. Republic, Democracy and Federal should help against that but i dont feel like taking them just for mass of unhappy faces they create. (Units in Cities create unhappyness and not having units creates war and unhappyness :o ) In fact Republic has nothing else than a somewhat big culture boost in the capital and the agora. The agore is a powerful building though. I see the reason for this and i would take Federal if it would have at least some kind of Federal State Governmental building that provides some commerce plus unhealth (both) for corruption and a happy face for all the people that think they can make a change (regional separatists for instance)
Despotism or Monarchy is my choice until then.

Economic Civic from Free Market to Regulated could have some impact on effectivity of Toll houses and Custom Houses. I see that some allready add some increase to Trade Route income. But i think those buildings should rather be limited to those civics (perhaps just the customs house) or just get some increase/decease of their Foreign Trade route Yield. But as you see my interpretation of Politics might be a bit blurry and biased. Well thats just my oppinion.

Loving this game. This is perfect except for my mistake of trying out Complete Kills :mad:. I thought I would be able to hunt any remaining units, but it seem they are extremely evasive. Anyway, this is going to be a good challenge in the end game. On my continent, there are 3 or 4 very good rivals for me to conquer. Then the best part will come when I go horn to horn with Egypt on the other continent!

View attachment 265032

The random event that gives resource to a player e.g. "Sulphur is discovered" causes OOS in MP game.

About Civics as "State religion" and such.

If i do not control religion holy city, but the civ who does, has that religon as state religion, should i have problems with it or not ?

If i do not control religion holy city, but the civ who does, has that religon as state religion, should i have problems with it or not ?

Mind clarifying that? Not sure I understand the question.

Mind clarifying that? Not sure I understand the question.

Let's make it a example:

I have "State Religion" civic and my state religion is Christianity.

Christianity Holy city is controlled by English, whos state religion is Hinduism.
-> Clearly this is bad for me , as i do not hold the holy city.

My quuestions are :

1)now if, the English convert to Christianity then what ? i still do not HOLD the holy city, but i do not have any problems from it.

2) What if English become Atheist, e.g. have no state religion ?

3)Do i then have problems if the holy city is destroyed ( No-one holds it ?)

My guess would be, for the first one : i should have no problem , as the holy city is held by the country of the same faith.
Second one: I should have some problems.
Third one : I should have lots of problems (as i've let my most important city to be destroyed).

Didnt want you to skip over these, just incase: (The pics below are really getting to me, i cant conquer a city anymore (pic 1 & 2)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9623492&postcount=3527

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9626570&postcount=3538

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9647828&postcount=3557

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9649496&postcount=3560

Also the tanks all come at the same tech????? (pic 3)

This is beta thread. Afforess himself said that he doesn't support beta that have anything else added in. He may or may not know what you are talking about.

Quick bit of feedback: the Troop Transport unit shows up as a red blob instead of the unit graphic. Possible typo in the config?

Let's make it a example:

I have "State Religion" civic and my state religion is Christianity.

Christianity Holy city is controlled by English, whos state religion is Hinduism.
-> Clearly this is bad for me , as i do not hold the holy city.

My quuestions are :

1)now if, the English convert to Christianity then what ? i still do not HOLD the holy city, but i do not have any problems from it.

2) What if English become Atheist, e.g. have no state religion ?

3)Do i then have problems if the holy city is destroyed ( No-one holds it ?)

My guess would be, for the first one : i should have no problem , as the holy city is held by the country of the same faith.
Second one: I should have some problems.
Third one : I should have lots of problems (as i've let my most important city to be destroyed).

You get increased rebellions if you do not control the holy city under State Church, but the increase is usually insignificant. If that holy city holding nation adopts your religion or becomes atheist it wont produce any positive or negative effects for your nation under State Church. If the holy city that you don't control gets razed, your nation wont feel a thing.

Note that this wont be true if you switch to Intolerant religious civic.

You get increased rebellions if you do not control the holy city under State Church, but the increase is usually insignificant. If that holy city holding nation adopts your religion or becomes atheist it wont produce any positive or negative effects for your nation under State Church. If the holy city that you don't control gets razed, your nation wont feel a thing.

Note that this wont be true if you switch to Intolerant religious civic.

Doesn't this feel kind of wrong then ? So there almost no drawbacks to having that civic adopted.

does this mod favores AI fighting ?
I had a general atached to anrcher then upgraded heavely against archery units and forest defense...
Enemy had 1 archer with 2.5 strength in open land, no hills, my upgraded archers had 2 strength, but positioned in forest with 50% def and 50% attack against archers was utterly pwned by a far inferior unit in inferior position......??????
Also all the time if I fight with same or slightly superior units, the AI is likely to win one on one duels be it in towns or land.. I have to throw 3-4 units to be sure I;m killing one of theirs.

does this mod favores AI fighting ?
I had a general atached to anrcher then upgraded heavely against archery units and forest defense...
Enemy had 1 archer with 2.5 strength in open land, no hills, my upgraded archers had 2 strength, but positioned in forest with 50% def and 50% attack against archers was utterly pwned by a far inferior unit in inferior position......??????
Also all the time if I fight with same or slightly superior units, the AI is likely to win one on one duels be it in towns or land.. I have to throw 3-4 units to be sure I;m killing one of theirs.

In Civ4 engine, combat is determined by probability (aka RNG = Random Number Generator). So if your odds said 50%, it basically say if you are in EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION, you win 50% of times and lose the rest approx. That's it.

:beer:

Glad we had the great time together modding an awesome game! Now onward to greater and better heights of modding in new game :D!

:lol: Just being sillily dramatic! :lol:

good work all of you and by the way is there a direct forum for AND CIV5 or watever you call it ?

It's still in the design phases, read the RoM Civ5 dev thread in the RoM forums.

Not sure where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong loc!

I read a few hints of a 1.76 possibly coming out in a few months. I checked the svn develop section, and saw the last commit was for 1.75 Patch C.

I was curious--will there be an alpha testing for 1.76 via SVN? I miss playing pre-release and debating bugs/balancing with my fellow testers :)

Updated the OP. The installer will be up in < 5min.

The majority of changes are in the rewritten civics. I opted for powerful, but simple, instead of the complicated and hard to compare implementation in 1.75. Some buildings were rebalanced, and only 2 units altered. Lots of speed improvements have been made by Koshling, so let me know what you guys think, how much faster is it?

Also, the AI will trade cities now, but not all cities, and for a very dear price, but the AI logic is there. I also discouraged creating roads where it is expensive and not worthwhile, which should reduce road spam. Let me know if you notice a difference.

Updated the OP. The installer will be up in < 5min.

The majority of changes are in the rewritten civics. I opted for powerful, but simple, instead of the complicated and hard to compare implementation in 1.75. Some buildings were rebalanced, and only 2 units altered. Lots of speed improvements have been made by Koshling, so let me know what you guys think, how much faster is it?

Also, the AI will trade cities now, but not all cities, and for a very dear price, but the AI logic is there. I also discouraged creating roads where it is expensive and not worthwhile, which should reduce road spam. Let me know if you notice a difference.

In regard to the speed ups, most of these won't be apparent until the game is fairly advanced and should help turn times once the ai civs get fairly developed (lots of cities and units). The changes were actually developed for Caveman2Cosmos (which includes the AND base), but are generic which is why we merged them back into AND. C2C has a very large number of available units and building types, and in part the changes address scalability issues in the DLL with that, as well as Python callback overheads. Not all of the changes are so relevant to base AND, but hopefully you'll still see significant gains from those that are.

If any modders out there are interested in leveraging the new capabilities in the DLL for reducing Python callback overheads (currently applies to canBuild, canTrain, cannotTrain, but if there is demand can probably be extended to a fair few others) let me know and I'll post details (gist is that the pythoncallbackdefines.XML can now specify granular filtering of the callbacks such that they are only issued for select unit or build types). I'm on my iPad as I write this, so not really a good context to try to do a full write up now!

Top Bottom