A New Dawn Beta Builds

thx, for explanaitions!

I forgot another point I wanted to adress:

The AI never tried to sell me contacts nor did it asked me for units or workers... I just wanted to ask if someone had this happening?

Well, the time window for buying contacts is pretty short (first 100 turns), and if you already talked to them to buy them, it's possible that they had none to sell every time they went to try. As for workers, it is rare, mainly because you need to have spare workers and the AI has to have enough cash on hand to trade for it (100-200 gold), so it doesn't happen often.

First of all, thank you for a great mod-mod, the amount of features included has given me many a sleepless night lately! However, I'm getting a significant FPS slowdown with the latest beta, using the new darker interface included with 1.60 beta 4.5. Once I uninstalled it the game wasn't as choppy as it was, however there was still a marked slowdown from 1.55. My computer is more than capable at handling anything this game can throw at it (Intel i7 920, 6gb ram, Radeon 4850), so I'm not sure what the problem really is. This has been tested with both the Reccomended install option and a custom install excluding most features including the new UI.

This could be your slowdown issue, I think it is a bug in the new bug mod hehe.

Also, I experience a significant slowdown with 1.60b4½. The graphics are sluggy, e.g. scrolling across the map is much slower than before. I have a feeling it is because I installed Formations. Can I turn it off in an ongoing game? There ought to be an ingame option somewhere, it isn't available in the custom game setup. Using single unit graphics don't improve performance.

I found out what is causing this, though i have no clue how to "fix" the issue. If you click on your name where it lists all the civs score if minimizes the scores except yours, and your slowness with completely disappear. And if you maximize it again it will slowdown to like 2 FPS again.

Well, the time window for buying contacts is pretty short (first 100 turns), and if you already talked to them to buy them, it's possible that they had none to sell every time they went to try. As for workers, it is rare, mainly because you need to have spare workers and the AI has to have enough cash on hand to trade for it (100-200 gold), so it doesn't happen often.

I too, have never seen the AI offer to exchange contacts. Even when I have just sailed to a brand new landmass and we each have contact with 5 or so civs that the other does not have.

In my Earth 28 game as the Celts, I gained valuable access to the African and Asian empires (and eventually the American ones too) by trading contacts. It proved most valuable!

Yes i am playing a giant earth map atm, and I must say that the contacts can be traded wayyy to early. It is about 300 BC and we are well into the middle ages...... only because everyone in the world has contact with each other.

In my Earth 28 game as the Celts, I gained valuable access to the African and Asian empires (and eventually the American ones too) by trading contacts. It proved most valuable!

Isn't that what really happened, too?

Yes i am playing a giant earth map atm, and I must say that the contacts can be traded wayyy to early. It is about 300 BC and we are well into the middle ages...... only because everyone in the world has contact with each other.

Contacts can't be traded until currency ('cause they cost gold). That's not very early.

Oh certainly, Afforess. It's another of the features I really like :)

Isn't that what really happened, too?

Contacts can't be traded until currency ('cause they cost gold). That's not very early.

hehe something is wrong then, I just finished currency. And believe me i was trading contacts right off the start of the game, I have some earlier saves if you want me to post some. Where me and all the other civs can trade contacts for techs and the such. and believe me no one had currency.

I am using beta4.5 atm.

Sorry to be off topic here guys
I read about that tutorial to "enable 3gb ram" or whatever it name was
But i'm not fully understand
What does it do?
Enabling xp 32 bit to use more than 3gb ram/enable BTS to use more than 3gb ram?
And is it true that BTS doesn't support multi core?
So does it mean that turion x2 2.2 ghz would only count as 2.2 ghz?

My laptop spec is Turion X2 2.2 ghz, 3 gb ram, Nvidia 9100M G, 7 ultimate
I always used small size map, just a question, do you think my laptop can handle more than small?
Small size seemed to "lame" :p(I use rev and barb civ.It slow the game too isn't it)
Thanks for your help :D

Sorry to be off topic here guys
I read about that tutorial to "enable 3gb ram" or whatever it name was
But i'm not fully understand
What does it do?
Enabling xp 32 bit to use more than 3gb ram/enable BTS to use more than 3gb ram?
And is it true that BTS doesn't support multi core?
So does it mean that turion x2 2.2 ghz would only count as 2.2 ghz?

My laptop spec is Turion X2 2.2 ghz, 3 gb ram, Nvidia 9100M G, 7 ultimate
I always used small size map, just a question, do you think my laptop can handle more than small?
Small size seemed to "lame" :p(I use rev and barb civ.It slow the game too isn't it)
Thanks for your help :D
The 3GB switch enables windows programs more then 2GB of RAM. Civ 4 BTS does not support muti-core.
You can play on a bigger map size. You will never know unless you try it first.:)

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to this "tutorial to enable 3gb of ram" for 32 bit Win apps ?

Cheers
CF

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to this "tutorial to enable 3gb of ram" for 32 bit Win apps ?

Cheers
CF

Go here for Windows XP and Vista.

With Windows 7, add .exe to bcdedit then just do the same as Vista, and you are OK!

Yea, though I walk through
the valley of Google,
I will fear no bad links,
For the Common Sense is with me.

Twisted quote of Psalms verse :lol:.
Note: Being in a silly mood today.

OK here is a list of things that i need to know if they are SDK/Python/XML, just for personal reasons. All i need you to do is take out the INappropriate letters, or a combination of each, ie:

S = SDK
P = Python
X= XML

Code:
 "modules\Afforess\MilitaryCivics"              (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\BeautificationProject"    (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Ideology Civics"           (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Ice Breaker"                (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Firestorm"                   (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Zoology"                     (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\WorldsFair"                  (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Vicinity"                      (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Realistic Diplomacy"      (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Mountains_Mod"          (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Meteorology"              (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Seafaring"                  (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Fixed Borders"            (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Civic Flavors"             (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Castles"                   (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Arctic"                    (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Required"                (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Sea Monsters"         (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\NIMBY"                   (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Education"              (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Sports"                  (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Event_Images"        (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Domesticated_Animals" (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Advanced Diplomacy" (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Mastery"               (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Better RoM"           (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Withdraw"             (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Farming"               (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Depletion"             (S, P, X)

thx.

In RoM Ctrl-A in the city screen gives the ability to sell off buildings or abandon a city. In AND Beta that ability is not present. Is that by design or by oversight?

Does anyone know how you can turn off the Red Interface without having to delete and reinstall AND? It slows down my game. Thanks for your help.

In RoM Ctrl-A in the city screen gives the ability to sell off buildings or abandon a city. In AND Beta that ability is not present. Is that by design or by oversight?

Oversight. I'll make sure I fix that.

Does anyone know how you can turn off the Red Interface without having to delete and reinstall AND? It slows down my game. Thanks for your help.

Pretty easy. Go to your Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Jooyo folder and delete the folder labeled "Brown Theme". Viola.

S = SDK
P = Python
X= XML
Code:
 "modules\Afforess\MilitaryCivics"              (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\BeautificationProject"    (X)
 "modules\Afforess\Ideology Civics"           (X)
 "modules\Afforess\Ice Breaker"                (X)
 "modules\Afforess\Firestorm"                   (X)
 "modules\Afforess\Zoology"                     (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\WorldsFair"                  (P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Vicinity"                      (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Realistic Diplomacy"      (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Mountains_Mod"          (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Meteorology"              (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Seafaring"                  (X)
 "modules\Afforess\Fixed Borders"            (S)
 "modules\Afforess\Civic Flavors"             (S,X)
 "modules\Afforess\Castles"                   (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Arctic"                    (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Required"                (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Sea Monsters"         (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\NIMBY"                   (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Education"              (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Sports"                  (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Event_Images"        (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Domesticated_Animals" (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Advanced Diplomacy" (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Mastery"               (S)
 "modules\Afforess\Better RoM"           (S, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Withdraw"             (S)
 "modules\Afforess\Farming"               (S, P, X)
 "modules\Afforess\Depletion"             (S, X)

No problem. I think you can see at this point, nearly everything uses the SDK. :p Only some really old stuff doesn't anymore.

Go here for Windows XP and Vista.

With Windows 7, add .exe to bcdedit then just do the same as Vista, and you are OK!

Yea, though I walk through
the valley of Google,
I will fear no bad links,
For the Common Sense is with me.

Twisted quote of Psalms verse :lol:.
Note: Being in a silly mood today.

Does this really work and improve the civ 4 performance? (on 4gb machine i.e.)

Top Bottom