A New Dawn Beta Builds

Very nice work Afforess, the only thing I've noticed is some Wonder movies not firing off, namely the Terracotta Army, and Neuschwanstein. I get the effects, just no movies. Clean install of RoM 2.81 and AND Beta10

Oh yeah, forgot about those. I'll make sure to fix that too.

Wildfire, I believe that Afforess said that non-Revolutions games had had their OOS errors solved.

We just loaded the game up and it OOS the next turn after the save.

I'll take a screenshot of the Settings screen...what else do you need?

**update**

we went back a few turns from autosave....we went one turn no OOS issue. Did our turns and during his turn he attacked a barbarian galley and it immediately OOS'd.

*OOS'd again after pressing space... probable cause is the barbs attacking AI or AI attacking barbs...

Great, in both of your civilization.ini files, turn these options on:

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Then run the game, cause the OOS, then upload your entire logs folder.

Very nice work Afforess, the only thing I've noticed is some Wonder movies not firing off, namely the Terracotta Army, and Neuschwanstein. I get the effects, just no movies. Clean install of RoM 2.81 and AND Beta10

I can confirm that some of the wonder movies are not working. Mostly those in GeneralStaff's pack of modular RoM wonders which is where I put the OrionVeteran's and they also don't show in beta10 but AAranda's show. This means that Terracotta Army works for me because I prefer AAranda's to GenarelAtaff's :) It must be a load order issue I suppose.

I can confirm that some of the wonder movies are not working. Mostly those in GeneralStaff's pack of modular RoM wonders which is where I put the OrionVeteran's and they also don't show in beta10 but AAranda's show. This means that Terracotta Army works for me because I prefer AAranda's to GenarelAtaff's :) It must be a load order issue I suppose.

Yeah, it is. WoC fails to save the wonder's movie tag properly, so I just copied those into a new folder that loads last, its in Modules/WonderMovies. I just forgot to copy Generalstaff's wonder's there too.

Pure 2.81 full with beta10.

A mine discovered SALT:eek:

I check the pedia, and it said "That's Right!":lol:

Should that be fixed?

Or, let the mine also get some benefits from SALT, just like the querry?:goodjob:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 80
Pure 2.81 full with beta10.

A mine discovered SALT:eek:

I check the pedia, and it said "That's Right!":lol:

Should that be fixed?

Or, let the mine also get some benefits from SALT, just like the querry?:goodjob:

Salt is able to be depleted so the only way to get it back is to discover it through mines, best thing to do is build a quarry on the spot since mines can't take advantage of salt.

Used with Depletion?

Understand now, that's why some resources needs to be discovered...even they never benefit the mine.

What if you had the mine auto convert to a quarry when salt or stone is discovered. That would save you the time of building a mine just to replace it with another time consuming quarry.

in single player.
The game freeze when attacking with stackattack on. 6 unit at once.
some time it defreeze but some time it just freeze and need a "reset".

in multi player:
we get, as mention earlyer OOS when barbs attack city, it's look like when an Archer is defending the city (attack support ON, archer bombard ON) the OOS is always.

That's why the RevolutionDCM mod team highly recommends that you do not play with stack attack, it's been buggy for a while. They were thinking of disabling it until they could write better code for it but left it on for players' choice due to requests.

That's why the RevolutionDCM mod team highly recommends that you do not play with stack attack, it's been buggy for a while. They were thinking of disabling it until they could write better code for it but left it on for players' choice due to requests.

I know but this bug is old so I just want to mention it so it is not forgoten . . .

anything thought about the OOS in MP ?

As for resource depletion - maybe allow fishing boats fish coastal tiles without any recource and add depleating fishes etc. - with the possiblity of them being rediscovered on these worked tiles of water.

Also as I have said before fishing boat automaton doesn't seem to work properly - it builds tunnels everywhere, is there a way to disable tunnel building via auto-work command?

I know but this bug is old so I just want to mention it so it is not forgoten . . .

anything thought about the OOS in MP ?

Better ask about it here and the OOS in MP i think is also RevDCM related, if I'm not mistaken, they meant to fix it this past Christmas but haven't been able to fix it completely.

in single player.
The game freeze when attacking with stackattack on. 6 unit at once.
some time it defreeze but some time it just freeze and need a "reset".

this is so old it has a work around. If it freezes click anywhere on the minimap and it will unfreeze.

Great, in both of your civilization.ini files, turn these options on:

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Then run the game, cause the OOS, then upload your entire logs folder.

we both completed deleted the mod, reinstalled it exactly as we had done the day before - loaded a recent auto save and it let us play after that. We'll see if when we load it up again it OOS again.

Top Bottom