• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A New Dawn Beta Builds

I'll compromise, okay? I'll make Inquisitions an option again, but if you choose Revolutions, you choose Inquisitions too.
Compromise? That's how beta11 works, unless I misunderstand things. And that's exactly what Dancing Hoskuld does NOT want. He wants to be able to play Rev without Inquisitions.

I really don't understand why there has to be a connection. Why not have both optional, independently of each other? That's how it was before. It's simpler, has no hidden functionality, easy to understand.

So its bether for me to wait for Beta 12? Because the graphic Lag I encounter in beta 11 is rater bad :( (In Beta 10 I didnt encounter this graphic lag).

Compromise? That's how beta11 works, unless I misunderstand things. And that's exactly what Dancing Hoskuld does NOT want. He wants to be able to play Rev without Inquisitions.

I really don't understand why there has to be a connection. Why not have both optional, independently of each other? That's how it was before. It's simpler, has no hidden functionality, easy to understand.

No, Beta11 is either with Revolutions, or Not. Beta12 would be with Revolutions, or the player decides.

Anyway, why do you guys even what Inquisitions without Revolutions? It's pretty much pointless, since more religions is always a good thing without Revolutions.

So its bether for me to wait for Beta 12? Because the graphic Lag I encounter in beta 11 is rater bad :( (In Beta 10 I didnt encounter this graphic lag).

If you are enterprising, you can look at the SVN I set up and grab the changes from the 8th revision, and replace your RoM files with those. ;)

No, Beta11 is either with Revolutions, or Not. Beta12 would be with Revolutions, or the player decides.
:confused: What's the difference? And how does that impact the ability to choose btw. Rev with/without Inquisitions?
Anyway, why do you guys even what Inquisitions without Revolutions? It's pretty much pointless, since more religions is always a good thing without Revolutions.
I use both, so Dancing Hoskuld will have to answer that. It's the ability to choose I'm asking for.

:confused: What's the difference? And how does that impact the ability to choose btw. Rev with/without Inquisitions?

Nope, you aren't understanding it.

There are a couple scenarios here:

Beta11:
1.) Player plays with Revolutions. Inquisitions is on.
2.) Player plays without Revolutions. Inquisitions is off.

Beta12 (proposed)
1.) Player plays with Revolutions. Inquisitions is on.
2.) Player plays without Revolutions. Inquisitions is Player's Choice.

I understand. What's wrong with:
Beta12 (proposed)
1.) Player plays with Revolutions. Inquisitions is Player's Choice.
2.) Player plays without Revolutions. Inquisitions is Player's Choice.

Inquisitions is an integral part of Revolutions. It's pretty much impossible to deal with Religious Anger without it. The fact that it is part of the Revolutions Mod is a testament to that.

Also, I didn't hear any complaints when I had inquisitions always enabled and hidden from the player during beta3-8.

Inquisitions is an integral part of Revolutions. It's pretty much impossible to deal with Religious Anger without it.
I see. So it's up to Dancing Hoskuld to explain why he wants to use Rev without Inquisitions.

Btw: Thank you for your patience, Afforess.
Oh, and where does that name come from? I'm curious.

Okay, trying to generate a Terra map on Huge with Torodial and 20 AI's makes my game have a runtime error. Same goes for the Giant size too, but around 25 AI's. I am on beta11. But at beta10, i was able to generate maps with Terra on both those 2 sizes and with same amount of AI's. Everything is installed, expect interface mods and resource depletion mod.

Edit: Will report back if i have troubles in other maps and sizes as well.

Edit2: Okay, Runtime error happens on other maps on different sizes as well.

Afforess said:
Yes, there has been. The AI has been encouraged to expand slower. In RoM, fast expansion is not wise, and often leads to empire collapses, especially with Revolutions. However, I can't judge how well your AI are doing unless you tell me the gamespeed. ;)

Gamespeed was epic in every example.

Afforess said:
Is the AI having financial difficulties or in immediate danger? If either is true, they will not settle new cities.

I am not sure about financial difficulties but, while the map was somewhat crowded there were no raging barbs or the like and there was room for at least one or two unhindered cities.

A pretty funny example:

I start a standard, epic, hemispheres map with 12 civs. Scouting around i find the romans approx 15 tiles from me. After about 50-60 turns i start heading that way with a small stack of 5 javelins, when i get to Rome, i find it is protected by 1 warrior, it has a settler doing nothing inside and nothing else, the rice next to it wasn't worked, the city was barely size 2.

Afforess said:
Really? Flexible Difficulty doesn't have anything to do with the Main Interface.

I am quite shocked myself, everytime i turn it on my fps grinds to a halt, it is the only option that makes that happen o0

OK, a few of things I've noticed with beta 11:

1. I don't have a date or turn number in the upper right. I do have a percentage (which I don't really know what that is.

2. I also don't have an icon or number of turns for golden age when I am in one.

3. This has been mentioned, but I also am getting multiple religious holy cities even with limited religions on.

The dates have been disabled in-game, which also does other silly things. You can switch them back on in the BUG menu (Ctrl-Alt-O).

(We told you that this would happen, Afforess!)

OK, a few of things I've noticed with beta 11:

1. I don't have a date or turn number in the upper right. I do have a percentage (which I don't really know what that is.

2. I also don't have an icon or number of turns for golden age when I am in one.
Go into BUG options (Ctrl+Alt+O) and turn on dates in the Clock tab. That should fix both. Afforess made an "executive decision" to turn dates off :crazyeye:

Coupla things:

-The 'Industry' tile improvements do not create unhealthiness (even heavy and dense). I know Vincentz had some trouble getting this to work but he did manage eventually. Without the unhealthiness these improvements can be rather overpowered IMO.

-If I found more than one religion in a city my population often get (very) unhappy, saying "We desire religious freedom!". This happens even if one of those religions is the current state religion. Is there a penalty for having multiple religions in a city? Note I am NOT using Revolutions.

Beta 11 Review

Well so far Ruthless AI + Difficulty Adjusting = Perfect Game. In the beginning i was getting my butt wiped so it got easier and then i was getting better and it increasing the difficulty. Seems with smarter AI and the whole balancing it makes for a challenging yet stratifying game.

I also noticed that Bronze Working now allows you to chop trees again. Was this intentional or a bug? Because its been requiring Iron Working for quite some time now and it weird to see it back the old way. It seems almost like cheating to be able to chop so early.

I also noticed that Bronze Working now allows you to chop trees again. Was this intentional or a bug? Because its been requiring Iron Working for quite some time now and it weird to see it back the old way. It seems almost like cheating to be able to chop so early.
Afforess stated earlier that he would move forest chopping back to Bronze Working in beta11.

Go into BUG options (Ctrl+Alt+O) and turn on dates in the Clock tab. That should fix both. Afforess made an "executive decision" to turn dates off :crazyeye:

Hey, RobO, I really don't mind not having dates, but not having anything at all is too confusing, intimidating, etc. If I didn't save the game every once in awhile I wouldn't have any idea where I was in the game at all. I could be all the way to 2010 CE and not know that I'd better advance beyond Swordsmen! ;) I think I will turn dates on again because at the least it is an indicator of where you are in the time span. If the turn number showed up that would be fine, but it doesn't. Also, not to know how many turns are left in your golden age is a feature breaker for me.

Coupla things:

-If I found more than one religion in a city my population often get (very) unhappy, saying "We desire religious freedom!". This happens even if one of those religions is the current state religion. Is there a penalty for having multiple religions in a city? Note I am NOT using Revolutions.

Actually, a number of the religious civics now apply an unhappiness value to any non-state religion in the city. I know Divine Cult does this, and I'm pretty sure that State Church does as well. I'm not certain if there's also a base unhappiness modifier for multiple religions in a city or not, but you may want to doublecheck what religious civic you're using and if it applies the unhappiness.

Top Bottom