A New Dawn Beta Builds

A New Dawn Beta Builds​
The official development thread for A New Dawn.

A New Dawn 2.0 Beta 1

Known Issues:
  • Mountaineering artwork is broken (HELP! I don't have the files!)
  • Pacifism civic strategy text is wrong (Fixed in SVN, for next release)
  • Paradise civic strategy text typo (Fixed in SVN, for next release)

I made new Mountaineering button art. It's in my modmod

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The new installer doesn't work for me. It just hangs at the installing part, the progress bar doesn't move. The buttons (e.g. cancel) are also greyed out at that stage. Have tried running it as an administrator.

zulu9812 - I just used the SVN instructions to get the mod. Using Afforess's instruction download on the previous page also failed for me.

zulu9812 - I just used the SVN instructions to get the mod. Using Afforess's instruction download on the previous page also failed for me.

Or if you have it, you can simply open and extract it with WinRar as I did. :)

Does this update overwrite all xml files? Could there be a list of files an update overwrites or perhaps an option to view the contents of the installer file?

Also, could you please answer my previous question regarding editing the buildinginfos.xml file/buildings in the mod?

How can I edit buildings in AND?

Any changes I make to the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file in the Assets-XML-Buildings folder path don't seem to take effect...

Are the buildings defined in a different file or what? (Editing techs, units etc. works fine, only the buildinginfos xml seems to make no difference.)

Thanks.

Does this update overwrite all xml files?
No

Could there be a list of files an update overwrites or perhaps an option to view the contents of the installer file?

Also, could you please answer my previous question regarding editing the buildinginfos.xml file/buildings in the mod?

Thanks.

If you use the SVN route to get the Mod it also will tell which files got updated and which got deleted or added.

JosEPh :)

Edit: Am now at 455 BC and have reached the Medieval era. NO CTDs to report. Mod seems to be moving along at a good pace. Stalin just DOW'd me but I had some tri's in good position to kill his loaded galleys. We'll see how long he'll try to wage an ocean going war. His Northern shore looks good for a city or 2. And Shaka is just south of him. The Khmer share my Archipelago and this will inevitably get ugly. But right now we are "chums". :rolleyes:

If you use the SVN route to get the Mod it also will tell which files got updated and which got deleted or added.

JosEPh

-Thank you for your answers. (I noticed the installer could be opened also with WinZip...) :D

I'm worried with compatibility as I've made many changes on my own. Apparently there are changes to unitinfos.xml, so would this new version work without installing the new xml's? (all the other features eg. improved AI etc.)

ALSO:

I'm still wondering how does one edit buildings in AND? :confused:
Any changes I make to the buildinginfos.xml in /assets/xml/buildings/ do not take place in gameplay.

I made new Mountaineering button art. It's in my modmod

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks, I'm assuming you don't mind if I borrow it. ;)

45°38'N-13°47'E;11205025 said:
After about 100 turns the game crashes; the game simply quits, no error messages, no nothing; savegame attached. By the way, isn't there anymore the "Maximum Compatibility Save" option?

I flipped an option in the global defines to always use max comp saving. There is no reason to have it off, IMO.

:)

Others -

Looking into Installer woes. Have a fix up soonish I hope.

-Thank you for your answers. (I noticed the installer could be opened also with WinZip...) :D

I'm worried with compatibility as I've made many changes on my own. Apparently there are changes to unitinfos.xml, so would this new version work without installing the new xml's? (all the other features eg. improved AI etc.)

ALSO:

I'm still wondering how does one edit buildings in AND? :confused:
Any changes I make to the buildinginfos.xml in /assets/xml/buildings/ do not take place in gameplay.

Make sure the changes you are making are to the mod folder Beyond the sword/mods/riseof mankind. Try clearing your cache.

45°38'N-13°47'E;11205025 said:
After about 100 turns the game crashes; the game simply quits, no error messages, no nothing; savegame attached. By the way, isn't there anymore the "Maximum Compatibility Save" option?

Thanks, fixed for the next release.

Pretty much a constant OOS after 198ish. Every turn. Haven't figured out what might be causing it though. Have IDW off along with every other influence thing off. No ranged bombardment. Might be Revolutions, but it wouldn't be every turn.

Pretty much a constant OOS after 198ish. Every turn. Haven't figured out what might be causing it though. Have IDW off along with every other influence thing off. No ranged bombardment. Might be Revolutions, but it wouldn't be every turn.

If you turn on all the logging in the Civilization ini files, repeat the OOS, and send me the logs for both computers, I can track it down.

Afforess

Thanks for keeping Civ 4 alive. I loaded your mod and everything was great but then I experienced one of the mysterious crash to desktops. It occurs every time at the same turn. I have uploaded my dump file in the hopes it may help squash the bug.

If you want the latest save file and it can help let me know.

Cheers

Attachments

• MiniDump.rar
    12.9 KB · Views: 54
@Afforess,
Aline has a mindump posted in post #4200 in case you missed it.

I know "nag, nag, nag"! :D

JosEPh ;)

From the themeparse log:

[Jan 21, 2012 - 20:24:37] Messages while processing 'Mods\A new dawn\Assets\modules\Interface Colors\Forest UI\Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:211, Col:1) Unexpected '27' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_ComboBox.thm', Ln:1347, Col:25) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_ComboBox.thm', Ln:1346, Col:59) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Edit.thm', Ln:157, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:446, Col:21) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:445, Col:55) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:733, Col:21) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:732, Col:55) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:744, Col:21) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:743, Col:55) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:755, Col:21) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Menu.thm', Ln:754, Col:55) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:142, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2085, Col:25) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2084, Col:59) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2179, Col:25) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2178, Col:59) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2268, Col:25) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2267, Col:59) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2390, Col:25) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Layer - ('Civ4Theme_Table.thm', Ln:2389, Col:59) 'FactorColor' tag not found in layer, required if using 'FactorCombine'
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4286, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Color_Select' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:924, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:925, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:928, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:929, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'

Afforess

Thanks for keeping Civ 4 alive. I loaded your mod and everything was great but then I experienced one of the mysterious crash to desktops. It occurs every time at the same turn. I have uploaded my dump file in the hopes it may help squash the bug.

If you want the latest save file and it can help let me know.

Cheers

Thx for the update, my observations so far.

- AI builds and uses Airforces, but it could be more.
- AI loves MAD but never builds nukes, i did spend a good 1000 turns in autoplay/transhuman era and i could not find a single nuke
- AI can use nukes if cheated in via worldbuilder
- Installer does not work for me either
- Game crashes from time to time View attachment 311635

Saves are more useful than minidumps, can I have saves please?

Top Bottom