A New Dawn Beta Builds

Buggy debugging^^

Anyways

-AI apparently cant reserch the future tech
-AI fails to build national wonders that provide resources(i think it might build some of them but it totaly ignores the cement mill and the aluminium factory), this is a big problem as it cant get aluminium -> no proper airforce
-Unless you play with unlimited wonders the wonder limit per city is 0

That probably means the wonder limits are not defined in the CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml (a DLL change that Afforess likely merged in with the rest that allows to define different wonder limits for a low and high culture city but defaults to 0).

Buggy debugging^^

Anyways

-AI apparently cant reserch the future tech
-AI fails to build national wonders that provide resources(i think it might build some of them but it totaly ignores the cement mill and the aluminium factory), this is a big problem as it cant get aluminium -> no proper airforce

Unsure about the future tech, that clearly needs more digging. I believe the AI is told to turn off science once it gets to the future tech, so the turns for it probably become infinite.

As for the wonders for airforce, the AI was valuing buildings that unlock resources that unlock units, but only for the unit's combat strength. Airforce units have a combat strength of... zero. :p

Wonder limits, hm. Seems like an XML bug.

About the future tech:
I was chilling around in autoplay and when i hit the end of the tech tree the AI just dident queue the future tech, also it was still running 70% science.

About the future tech:
I was chilling around in autoplay and when i hit the end of the tech tree the AI just dident queue the future tech, also it was still running 70% science.

Hm. It could be AI autoplay too...

Here is my fix for AI valuable of the aluminum and cement factories. This fix will only make them notice the value correctly, they may or may not act on it. If they continue to ignore it, I will have to write some dedicated logic to make them choose resource factories.

http://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net...ew Dawn/Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll?revision=565

Nope not building any of the national wonders, even if it could get them all in 3 turns or so.
This also includes the chemical plant rubber factory ect.

keldath said:
hey all,

hey afforess, how youve been? got tired of minecraft? :)

glad to see your working here again,

and to my usual question, have anyone tried v 2 beta under mp?

.....:)

Nope, still modding full force there. Got sucked into civ when some minecraft users got on a tangent about civ and mp. We ended up setting up biweekly mp sessions for civ. :p

Make sure the changes you are making are to the mod folder Beyond the sword/mods/riseof mankind. Try clearing your cache.

- No, this is not the problem. I'm 100% sure.

Actually, the game seems to completely ignore the civ4buildinginfos.xml file, even if I move the file away from the folder, the game starts just normally without any errors or changes?!?!

Also, when I edit this file with XML Marker, the changes stick in the file, but the "date modified" stays as original... What to do??

I am running the 1.75 beta 6 version of AND.

Maatissi said:
- No, this is not the problem. I'm 100% sure.

Actually, the game seems to completely ignore the civ4buildinginfos.xml file, even if I move the file away from the folder, the game starts just normally without any errors or changes?!?!

Also, when I edit this file with XML Marker, the changes stick in the file, but the "date modified" stays as original... What to do??

I am running the 1.75 beta 6 version of AND.

Civ caches the XML by default to make startup faster. Turn this off in the civ ini file.

Civ caches the XML by default to make startup faster. Turn this off in the civ ini file.

- Didn't seem to do the trick, (changed _Civ4.ini):

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1

; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 1

There seems to be no reference to caching in and.ini or Rise_of_Mankind_Config.ini in the mod folder... Could the problem however be in these files? (Different line?)

I switched to 2.0 because it's been SP long. And 2.0 is the end. :/

I see. Well it is sad that this will be the end, but I have to say you've made one hell of a mod. My hat is off to you, the dedication of time and effort you put into this with no form of compensation other than our gratitude (and somes whining lol) speaks wonders to your character.

Will you stick around to make sure 2.0 is stable before you go?

I downloaded the Beta 2 version (from the first post) and it won't install. I get a .net framework error. Anyone else having this problem?

Top Bottom