A New Dawn Beta Builds

Few hours into a MP game of 2.81 and beta10 with no OOS.

So far so good!!!

If you do get an OOS, be sure to tell me exact details of the circumstances. I've made a lot of additions to the SDK, so the risk of OOS's from me is high.

How do you disable resource depletion? I thought I had deselected the module when installing but I had 2 stone, 1 clam and one fur resource depleted by turn 150 on marathon speed. It gets really annoying to have to go to the WB to add them back and I don't know how bad it is for the AI.

Yea, I'm still getting this with beta10, depletion not installed(both not selected on install, and set to 0 in the MLF after I found it installed anyways).

Just to clarify timeline:

1. BUG/BULL got released

2. RevDCM 2.7 got released

3. beta11 got released

4. If everything goes OK, AND 1.6 got released

OK, but the release of RoM 2.9 should be out at the end of the month. Will AND 1.6 be for 2.81 but 1.7 be for 2.9?

Just to clarify timeline:

1. BUG/BULL got released

2. RevDCM 2.7 got released

3. beta11 got released

4. If everything goes OK, AND 1.6 got released

Correct.

OK, but the release of RoM 2.9 should be out at the end of the month. Will AND 1.6 be for 2.81 but 1.7 be for 2.9?

I already have given thought to waiting until 2.9, but I don't really want to be dependent on so many factors. I'll just rush a 1.6x patch. After all, if I'm already at RevDCM 2.7, I'll have all the SDK changes already, I'll just need to update some python and XML. Should be a 1-2 haul.

oh, and strategyOnly,

Seeing how you are the only person reporting that bug, and that older beta's did have it (but Beta10 doesn't), I suspect either you installed the wrong version, or just forgot about it, a simple error. Try doing a completely fresh install with the download from the OP and see if the error is still there. Make sure you delete any malignate and old RoM folders.

Infact i do a FRESH install each and everytime i do add a new beta:p. I put in ROME, i took it out now and trying to see if for any case if that is the problem, it shouldn't be, but you never know.:rolleyes:
But how many people here test and test and test like i do, i do a test like five time per beta, trying all kinds of things just alittle different from the other one(s).

But in any case i would never report anything but the most recent beta, it just wont make much sense.;)

Beta 10 looks much more stable to me then my previous 1.55 Game with Corp and Religion Modules loaded. I am now at Turn 130 BC in a Snail game and still can call the World Builder.

Report:

Running ROM Mega 2.81 with A New Dawn newest beta. Before posting report conducted new downloads and installs from basic RoM on up.

Immediate "This Program Has Stopped Working" upon "init xml" portion of load screen. Attempting to run every optional addon besides the sea monster one. Any ideas oh Godly ones? I've tried all the "you're an idiot" ideas.

Report:

Running ROM Mega 2.81 with A New Dawn newest beta. Before posting report conducted new downloads and installs from basic RoM on up.

Immediate "This Program Has Stopped Working" upon "init xml" portion of load screen. Attempting to run every optional addon besides the sea monster one. Any ideas oh Godly ones? I've tried all the "you're an idiot" ideas.

You are running RoM from the Program Files directory and not the Documents/My Games/BTS/Mods directory?

I run windows 7 and my file path is c/program files(x86)/2k games/firaxis games/ civilization 4 complete/ beyond the sword/rise of mankind

I run windows 7 and my file path is c/program files(x86)/2k games/firaxis games/ civilization 4 complete/ beyond the sword/rise of mankind

Let's eliminate the obvious. Have you turned UAC off? If you don't know how, google it.

Usually I do, but RL got in the way this time.:lol:

See i dont do testing for coins, production or any of that stuff, i just make sure it runs correct from start to finish withOUT the obvious stuff, that i put here, i just dont have time also to do the stuff i mentioned, to tedious for me.:blush:

Infact i have some that want me to re-do almost all of my civ's right now, but i have got to get my other computer running again, cause its all on there, and the power supply went out on it, so i cant get any info from it, and alot of stuff i have has been deleted or someone hacked into the FileFront stuff and has put (crap) inplace of my stuff there.:mad:

Plus i am trying to get alot of things that SHOULD be working with RoM/AND etc but just wont work for some darn reason, like my(The_J) Militia, i just cant get that to work.:mad::mad: I have tried modular and put it right into the regular RoM but i think the modular RoMEventManager just isnt taking it for some odd reason.

Yes. I mean... your last beta was working fine. I switched to 10 today... changed nothing but installing 10... it didn't work. So I tried fresh installs from RoM up, then installing 10. didn't work. So... I tried recommended setup instead of custom setup (just now) and it worked. But I'm not sure which mod was causing the issue.

Plus i am trying to get alot of things that SHOULD be working with RoM/AND etc but just wont work for some darn reason, like my(The_J) Militia, i just cant get that to work.:mad::mad: I have tried modular and put it right into the regular RoM but i think the modular RoMEventManager just isnt taking it for some odd reason.

What python is it using? If you post what the mod is supposed to do for me in the SDK Component Requests forum, I can just code it in the SDK and give you some easy XML tags.

Afforess,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for all the mod work that you've done for Civ IV. You've made RoM playable again in MP!

The GF and I downloaded beta10 on Friday and have been playing off and on with various settings during the holiday weekend (this is romance for us). On Saturday night we began gettting OOS errors ~every 3 turns. I'm not really sure what we changed since we got to about 600 AD on our first game with no problems. All subsequent games are giving the OOS errors by ~800 BC. We tried turning barbarians off, but that was no help. Most of our games have >24 civs, so that might have something to do with it (certainly lags like crazy).

If you are interested, let me know what kind of info you might want from me. I'm new to this debugging/beta testing thing.

Very nice work Afforess, the only thing I've noticed is some Wonder movies not firing off, namely the Terracotta Army, and Neuschwanstein. I get the effects, just no movies. Clean install of RoM 2.81 and AND Beta10

If you do get an OOS, be sure to tell me exact details of the circumstances. I've made a lot of additions to the SDK, so the risk of OOS's from me is high.

We just loaded the game up and it OOS the next turn after the save.

I'll take a screenshot of the Settings screen...what else do you need?

**update**

we went back a few turns from autosave....we went one turn no OOS issue. Did our turns and during his turn he attacked a barbarian galley and it immediately OOS'd.

*OOS'd again after pressing space... probable cause is the barbs attacking AI or AI attacking barbs...

Top Bottom