A New Dawn Beta Builds

Cool feature to make random names for cities.

So how do I turn it off? ;)

My problem is the opposite. I clicked on Personalized Map game option but nothing like landmark names are showing in my game :).

As for you, you should have gone into Custom Game and NOT click on Personalized Maps or if you see it as checked, uncheck it.

Seems to be a take on the [civ5] feature, I think, where borders grow based on usefulness of the land. I personally like it.

I'm having the same thing happens.

It really messed up advanced start games, for me anyway.

is there any way to turn it off?

I'm having the same thing happens.

It really messed up advanced start games, for me anyway.

is there any way to turn it off?

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to make it optional. You can disable it by deleted the folder named "Culture Spread" in Modules/Afforess/Required

The cultural spread needs a bit of tweeking. I was hoping to get a salt resource when my city's culture expanded but didn't. Perhaps the existence of a known resource on a tile should effect the expansion also.

Ok, Afforess, here's things that I noticed with the new RoMSetting tab while playing a short game. None of them are show-stoppers, but can be annoying.

• When selecting Hide Replaced Buildings, buildings that are required for a future building that replaces it disappear as well. Ex. Knight's Stable becomes available, but I haven't yet built a Stable in the city, neither Stable nor Knight's Stable is available.
  • 2 instances of Battlefield Promotions
  • Realisistic Diplomacy (as has been reported before)

That's it for now. All told it's a very nice build. Great job Aff.

Another thing which I noticed with the old version 126 is that options (such as Battlefield Promotions) don't become active until you cycle that option. I haven't tested it with this one, however, and was just wondering if you've looked at that.

The cultural spread needs a bit of tweeking. I was hoping to get a salt resource when my city's culture expanded but didn't. Perhaps the existence of a known resource on a tile should effect the expansion also.

I see it as an actual reason to switch to State Religion which I never do otherwise. State Religion gives you fixed borders (the earliest civic able to do so), so you can claim that tile. Mind you, I agree with you that it would make sense for the borders to push towards known resources.

Addendum: It would also be pretty cool if forts followed similar rules. So forts among hills don't spread out, but do when around plains. Or at least limit the fort footprint to 2 or 3 tiles.

Afforess what have you been doing? :eek:

I found out how he nails orcs in the code

/end offtopic

Two things with the new beta.

1. When the culture expands you should get at least one new plot. Gaza is level 2 but got no new plots when it expanded.

2. even though I count 19 food in my capital it thinks there is only 11!

Ok, Afforess, here's things that I noticed with the new RoMSetting tab while playing a short game. None of them are show-stoppers, but can be annoying.

• When selecting Hide Replaced Buildings, buildings that are required for a future building that replaces it disappear as well. Ex. Knight's Stable becomes available, but I haven't yet built a Stable in the city, neither Stable nor Knight's Stable is available.
  • 2 instances of Battlefield Promotions
  • Realisistic Diplomacy (as has been reported before)

That's it for now. All told it's a very nice build. Great job Aff.

Another thing which I noticed with the old version 126 is that options (such as Battlefield Promotions) don't become active until you cycle that option. I haven't tested it with this one, however, and was just wondering if you've looked at that.

Thanks for the report; I've fixed them all for the future.

a minor question. i suppose the "improve advanced diplomacy" doesn't imply the suggestions in our discussion on early diplomacy, does it?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=361169

of all modifications that's the one i most like to see.
i didn't see anything else related with this in your to-do list thus i ask.

No, I haven't. I completely forgotten about that thread. Thanks for reminding me.

Two things with the new beta.

1. When the culture expands you should get at least one new plot. Gaza is level 2 but got no new plots when it expanded.

2. even though I count 19 food in my capital it thinks there is only 11!

Could you select the food display instead of the trade route display, then post the screenshot again?

Could you select the food display instead of the trade route display, then post the screenshot again?

Of course I could. Oh, you mean would I. Its the fish traps -12 food and the villa -3 food among others! The candle maker is giving -1 hammers also:eek:

Edit: it is just a clean 2.91 with AND latest 1.73beta3

Edit2: a turn later and fish traps were giving me -16 food!
Log:
Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Domestic Withdraw Farming {Warriors of God} {Improved Artwork} {Water Mod} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} Health Research {Trading Posts} {Spy Satellites} Tactics {Garbage Civics} {Surgeon, Storyteller & Sniper}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
1.73beta3

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Even though I selected domestic animals and the log says it is installed, it is not appearing in game!

Seems to be a take on the [civ5] feature, I think, where borders grow based on usefulness of the land. I personally like it.

I was really surprised by it at first, but I think it's kind of cool. You can't just count on the same old fat cross anymore.

With that new Culture Spread, some of my cities grow maddening slow while others do just dandy. Interesting, to say the least :). Not going to remove that feature because it applies to every player and my Governor is doing its best now (have AI's governor as my city governor option checked on :D).

Though, I'm puzzled why you have Flexible Diff Game Option AND BUG FD too. That is sort of redundant. Maybe you have a coding reason, if so, please enlighten me and few others who actually understand coding talk :lol:.

What is the difference between the folder Realistic Diplo you invented so long ago and that option in the BUG?

In late Classical Era, so still more to go before making any new comments :).

:goodjob:

Of course I could. Oh, you mean would I. Its the fish traps -12 food and the villa -3 food among others! The candle maker is giving -1 hammers also:eek:

Edit: it is just a clean 2.91 with AND latest 1.73beta3

Edit2: a turn later and fish traps were giving me -16 food!
Log:
Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Domestic Withdraw Farming {Warriors of God} {Improved Artwork} {Water Mod} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} Health Research {Trading Posts} {Spy Satellites} Tactics {Garbage Civics} {Surgeon, Storyteller & Sniper}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
1.73beta3

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Even though I selected domestic animals and the log says it is installed, it is not appearing in game!

The domesticated Animals installed, the MLF file is just out of date. I'm sure you know how to fix it. ;)

That's the critical bug I referred to earlier. I thought I fixed it. I ran a couple test games with those buildings and never saw the yields go crazy. Any idea what the catalysts for this was? A new tech? A New resource?

Has anyone experienced this error?

@Afforess

I have some errors posted by strategyonly about the water mod and science mod. I am not sure what you tweaked in them but it worked fine when I 1st gave you the files for them.

Strategyonly's Water Mod Error
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9127108&postcount=43

Strategyonly's Science Mod Error
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9129344&postcount=59

I haven't modified them in any way.

With that new Culture Spread, some of my cities grow maddening slow while others do just dandy. Interesting, to say the least :). Not going to remove that feature because it applies to every player and my Governor is doing its best now (have AI's governor as my city governor option checked on :D).

Though, I'm puzzled why you have Flexible Diff Game Option AND BUG FD too. That is sort of redundant. Maybe you have a coding reason, if so, please enlighten me and few others who actually understand coding talk :lol:.

What is the difference between the folder Realistic Diplo you invented so long ago and that option in the BUG?

In late Classical Era, so still more to go before making any new comments :).

:goodjob:

The flexible difficulty button in the config panel actually just turns the game option on and off. I've started games without it, and found I wanted it on mid-game, so I figured I'd make it easy.

The one in the configuration panel disables the AI from liking other AI's because of WarMonger Respect or PeaceLove Respect, which are XML values. If you turn it off, the AI often gets ~+6 with other AI's. Not very fair, or fun.

The domesticated Animals installed, the MLF file is just out of date. I'm sure you know how to fix it. ;)

That's the critical bug I referred to earlier. I thought I fixed it. I ran a couple test games with those buildings and never saw the yields go crazy. Any idea what the catalysts for this was? A new tech? A New resource?

I think it was every new tech, that would match what I remember better than anything else.

I am sure that it was the latest because I had just down loaded the first beta3 when I saw that you had loaded another. So I deleted the old and downloaded the new.

@Afforess

I have some errors posted by strategyonly about the water mod and science mod. I am not sure what you tweaked in them but it worked fine when I 1st gave you the files for them.

Strategyonly's Water Mod Error
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9127108&postcount=43

Strategyonly's Science Mod Error
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9129344&postcount=59
Has anyone experienced this error?

No, they work fine for me.

Top Bottom