Aaaarmy Training, Sir!

I'm not sure from your save if the Artist was lost or not from Music (you can hover over Music on the research bar ...btw..and if it will say if GA is still available or not) Regardless, I made a strong push to get CS and Music asap.

Peace treaties were from gold begs. I traded some techs for gold as well during the TS, which also improved relations. We did not need more units at this point. Cyrus has not gone fist mode anyway.

Lymond: Good demo set. Would it have been worth waiting for MoM before launching GA?

I played my set. Got 2 great engies, one at low odds over a scientist, so we're researching Edu instead of being done with that. Could use one engie for Taj, other for a Gage to get the extra turn of Gage.

Turn 136 - Ran scientists where ever they could be supported, begged from Cyrus 50 gold
Turn 145 - Monte demanded our map, I gave it to him, which got him to pleased. Begged 40 gold.
Turn 149 - Cyrus built Chicken pizza. Got 280 failgold. Sold music to Monte for 220 gold. Stole MC from Cyrus.
Turn 151 - Sold music for 100 gold to Cyrus.

Attachments

• FSG-Zara AD-0820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    251.4 KB · Views: 161
Lymond: Good demo set. Would it have been worth waiting for MoM before launching GA?

I can't recall exactly ...and haven't looked back at save...but seemed MoM was quite a ways from being built at the time and could be lost. GA was about the now and getting the action going sooner since we were setup for it otherwise.

Sorry for the delay, been caught up in SGOTM.

Got it.

Had a quick look.

Lots of scientists but virtually no city growth. Its nice to have the beakers but its also nice to have population to whip into an army.

We still haven't found Hammurabi, maybe send a couple of HAs east to look for him.

In terms of research I'm thinking switch to nationalism now, rush Taj, go for education> lib (miltrad)> gunpowder.

Maybe pick up feudalism and machinery in trade and hopefully pick up guilds and banking a bit later.

Played 9 turns up to 1000ad. Went for Nat, rushed Taj, used a GS to part bulb lib. Just got lib>miltrad, 2 turns from gunpowder. Got feudalism from Chill for music and MC, got machinery, 65g from Cyrus for philosophy.

Been growing cities a bit, finished courthouses, building rax in anticipation of vassalage and cuir whipping.

9 turns of GA left iirc, GS (95%) in 6. Maybe guilds, banking,economix after gunpowder.

HE in Addis Adaba.

We have a GE and GG loitering around.

Attachments

• FSG-Zara AD-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    259.7 KB · Views: 199
Roster
8. Quip-UP
9. Deonnim-ON DECK

Lots of rl issues lately so haven't posted in a while. Looked at saves from Packers and pigs turnsets.

We seem to be in pretty good shape for cuir attacks vs. whomever we want to attack...Churchill I'm assuming?

Do we even mess with trying to build forgers/unis in 6-ish cities and Oxford. Or do we just go forth and conquer?

It's probably time to officially put this game to rest. I've lost interest and am assuming most of you have also. I appreciate the time and effort you guys contributed to this and I learned some things here.

Perhaps in future I may start another one of these although I think with smaller roster.

Thanks again for playing and sharing your thoughts.

Perhaps in future I may start another one of these although I think with smaller roster.
To large of a roster make it to long between playing, and hurt keeping people interested.

Top Bottom