Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training

And i hope there's an unrestricted leaders version soon. It's been so fun playing these that i wish i could do it all again. :D

Apparently Boudicea of the Romans is a lot of fun.
We'll see what Ozbenno has in store for us once everyone has finished.

Too true. Myself and mice have been thinking about the next one. Probably sorted what it will be. probably not unrestricted leaders (certainly is worth doing at some stage though).

Will wait until everyone is finished. Think we may just be waiting for Bindamel and pigswill as well as Jet's AW extravaganza. Hopefully vra, ChrTh and Sealot may find the time and inclination to finish as well. No hurry, I've got enough on my plate anyway. ;)

Just finished. Gilgamesh gets a 1919 Space Victory.

Spoiler :
1862 Apollo Program.
1864 Great Spy (end up settling him in spy city).
1870 UN.
1872 SecGen.
1876 Golden age#5.
1886 Redontor in Ironworks.
1886. Global Environmentalism.
1898. Global Open Markets.
1902-1904 Upgrade army.
1905 Global Single Currency.
1905. Declare on Khan. Capture Kazan. Eliminate main stack. No losses.
1906. Khan capitulates.
1908. Launch Spaceship. Start Future Tech.
1909 Internet :goodjob: (well, totally pointless). One turn from completing Space Elevator; no longer able to build it (maybe coz the ship is built and launched?) and lose all the hammers :lol: .
1912. Non-proliferation.
1916 Re-elected Sec Gen (my rival is Khan, my latest vassal).
1919. Spaceship lands, victory etc. 39k score.

Built all the late wonders. Stormed ahead of the (noble) AI in every area. Went for 2 espionage missions; one succeeded, one failed. Had huge lead in EPs.

General thoughts. I liked National Park/National Epic. Corporations worked out ok. Mining Inc is a very nice hammer boost. Standard Ethanol is ok to export. In retrospect I should have gone for an early military build-up based on Vultures and Ziggurats which are nice features but obselete soonish. Colony was ok but didn't seem to benefit much from it (not at this level, could be more useful in tougher games).

Thanks to Ozbenno for setting this up. Fair Dinkum!

:crazyeye:

I'm still playing, although I'm not certain if there will be a report this week.

I've already played ~45 turns over 3 sessions. Wait until you see the assault on one of my attacking stacks. :spear:

On the bright side, after this turnset is over, I should just need to hit enter a few times to bring some cities out of revolt and domination will be mine!

Well, we're nearing the end of this one.

Firstly, thanks to everyone for taking part. :goodjob: The response was tremendous (even with a few casualties along the way). Before we open up the next installment, want to try and get some feedback on how everyone thought this went.

What was good? What wasn't? What can be done better?

Especially in terms of the length of turnsets, time between rounds, number of players, collation of game information etc.

Hopefully the stars will be aligned so that we can start the next installment from next weekend. The game will be at Prince and we'll all be aiming at the same victory condition...

It was great. I think the best part is putting the saves all together in one spot to allow a full look through of someone's game. That's the cool thing, seeing a complete Conroe game, a complete Pigswill game etc.

Maybe you could reserve 3 or 4 posts after the first one and in these keep, for example, all the Ozbenno saves, round 1,2,3,4, and all the Feedback saves round 1,2,3,4

So people can go back to page one and find them all there.

Ozbenno; thanks for all the work in pulling the various game threads together.

Parallel games are interesting. Noble was certainly a dawdle, Prince would be pretty straightforward, what about Monarch? (obviously depends on people's comfort levels).

Maybe you could reserve 3 or 4 posts after the first one and in these keep, for example, all the Ozbenno saves, round 1,2,3,4, and all the Feedback saves round 1,2,3,4

So people can go back to page one and find them all there.

I'm definately going to reserve some posts next time. For this game I'm going to do a post linking everyone's games and link to it from the first post.

Parallel games are interesting. Noble was certainly a dawdle, Prince would be pretty straightforward, what about Monarch? (obviously depends on people's comfort levels).

What does everyone think? Still want to make sure everyone can win. As we're all going for the same victory condition, level becomes less important as you're actually competing (well sort of) against everyone else.

Unrestricted leaders is like cheating. Might as well have everyone play as HC or Augustus, rush everyone, and win in 1 AD. What's the challenge?

As said before, we're NOT going unrestricted leaders (for the reasons you mentioned).

What does everyone think? Still want to make sure everyone can win. As we're all going for the same victory condition, level becomes less important as you're actually competing (well sort of) against everyone else.

I'm comfortable on Monarch. Although i think i'd be more comfortable on prince.

As said before, we're NOT going unrestricted leaders (for the reasons you mentioned).

Aww, hopefully for the one after this one however. :D

Ozzy, it was indeed a great work for you, my friend. And you did it brilliantly! :goodjob:

Well, I like this game... It seems that every time I need to move up a level or something, it comes in the way. I'm good with the Monarch challenge. Maybe that's what I need to get of the Prince comfort level...

Mice's idea seems good. I did my linking post, but it was on page 3. Maybe you don't need to like everyone's saves, but you can reserve a post to link to everyone's linking post... Oh, you got it covered already.. Sorry... :blush:

The only think I have to add to this format is that 40 turns on the BCs is one thing and 40 turns after 1800 AD is totally different. If we're at a modern war, WAY more different... I don't like getting turnsets to last more than one week, though. It kinda makes the interest on the game fall. But we should try to balance it. Say, 60 turns on the first set, and 40 until 1000 AD, and then follow 20 or something... I don't know. I think you experts will do the balance way better than myself.

Ok, that's it! As soon as you launch, count me in! :wavey:

I liked the game as it was, but I agree that turnsets should be smaller as we aproach more modern dates. A fully deployed WW with modern units can be very time consuming.... Even the management of a peaceful empire can make a game go to 10 turns/hour if you are MM a lot

I thought it was really good fun altogether. Thanks for putting it all together, Oz!

On the likes, I really liked the comparisons between games, that was lots of fun! The linkage was a good idea as well - easy to browse the games.

I'm kinda on the same boat with turn lengths. Although I can normally deal with them. Just lots of heavy workload + large war which made mine late.

On difficulty, I find Monarch is my comfort zone, but happy to play any of them. If it's higher than that, I might get unstuck at some point. :)

If you're doing another one, I'd love to sign up, if you'll have me again! :)

It was well set up. However, once I had finished my own game, I became lazy at reading other reports. I'll have to spend some time going back to take another look. :)

Top Bottom