• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Aaaarmy Training, Sir!

The pulling names out of the hat method says:

1. Solyaris-Up
2. Walter_Wolf
3. Lymond
4. yena
5. ShiVvV
6. Packers5280
7. pigswill
8. Quip
9. Deonnim
10. shpeka

This roster is also now in the OP for easy reference. Oh, and I figured I'd post us a save too!
Start save: View attachment FSG-Zara BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave

So, Solyaris gets the opening honors. edit--15 turns for first set and then 10 per set following as suggested.

Oh, and yes, move the scout 1SE (or 1E>1S, might reveal more :)) and post screenshot please, Soly. Thanks.

Nice intro, Shiv. Things should go fine. I think the first dude up can play about 15 turns until the worker comes. Then we stick to a 10 turn set for everyone. Ofc, we can always adjust a bit as needed.

Honestly, the most important thing here is the planning/discussion. Really the "playing the turnset" is secondary to that. Also, we'll often find the Rota gets adjusted based on folks availability. However, flexibility should never be an issue.

We do not need to be quite a zealous in the SG rules, but I think this is a good rule "If something unexpected (or an opportunity) comes up, STOP AND CHECK WITH THE TEAM." Better to stop and discuss something odd or exciting than make the mistake and discuss later. With that said, this is just for fun so mistakes are expected and not an issue.

If we all agree with the Scout move 1SE, I think Soly can make that move and post up as soon as he is able.

I got nosey what kind of map you guys will play here, and i think you will be disappointed (sorry!).
Not fractal or exciting land that's for sure, but i guess double gems recover this mess ;)

Moved scout 1SE, which revealed noting new so I went ahead and SoB.
Spoiler :

Started with agriculture and worker while I moved the scout as carefully as I could in a circle around the capitol. At turn 3 I met Bismarck of Germany from the north.
Spoiler :

At turn 10 I finished agriculture, did a stupid move with the scout, making it a good 20% chance we loose him (jungle scout against lion).
Spoiler :

Ill finish my last 5 turns when we agree on the next tech. I vote for BW, but Im open for suggestions. The worker will be farming the corn when its done

Here's to hoping that the scout survives. :please:

Looks like BW is a good choice for what next to research, there's plenty of forests around the capital to chop. It also wouldn't hurt to see if we have copper close by, doesn't seem hopeful within our BFC but perhaps we'll have a source close for our second city.

Yuck, no good food anywhere in sight. Grass cow is OK, but teching AH for just one food resource is pretty painful.

Lookin' a little jungly around these parts. BW definitely.

Soly - please post the save

Our scout won without taking a scratch!

Turn 13 we met our next AI from the south, Isabella (so much for the orcale)
Spoiler :

The standings at turn 15
Spoiler :

My suggestion for the next 10 turns:
Finish BW. Worker goes to grassland gems after corn (1T + 1T [move] + 4T [gems] + 2T [move] + 4T [gems]) 12T to complete gems + corn. I also put in some suggestions for city placement, although that might change if we find copper. IMO only 1 decent city spot close to capitol :(

Attachments

• FSG-Zara BC-3400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    60 KB · Views: 148
That's pretty far for the first city (both cities really), and i would be worried about barbs on this map coming from that jungle. Hopefully there's copper and city #2 can grab that.

With scout I prefer scouting 1 tile per turn (flatland only). This keeps me safe from everything other than panthers and wolfs.

1E of the southern rice is also a possible city spot. I would really not take it as a second city, though, since the map seems pretty congested. Maybe block the spot for later.

As beautiful at the cap is, the rest is butt ugly. We may want head straight to Alpha after BW as we will likely want IW as soon as we can get it

Let's make sure we get every coast tile near the cap.

or 1N of rice

yeah, I move scouts 1 tpt, after the animals come out, unless know I'm safe

We may just need to find ways to pack these cities in and may them halfway decent.

CITY1: I like to settle on sugar, esp with this foodpoor surroundings. It gives +1 growth in that city, saves 9 workerturns (road+improve+remove jungle) and got 3 decent (grasshills + cow) and 1 okey tile (dry corn). 1NE or 1N of the dry rice would be decent too, close to capitol, can share tiles, but will grow slower, esp if we dont go for AH.

CITY2: No good options atm, hopefully horses or copper change that

Theres also the posibility to go to an early war against Bismarch. He cant be far away (met him at turn 3), and we got enought research to get a good horse-archer date. We do, however, need to tech AH and pray for close horses in that case.

1NE ain't bad either, but we need to remove that last tile of fog in the sea nearby to ensure we don't murder fish. I figured kill the dead tile settling on it, but doesn't matter.

I really think we need 2 cities overlapping both gems so we can tag team when Aksum whips, and as bad as it sounds, food share cows and dry rice.

I'd head straight to alpha, maybe via AH instead of Pot, with a city 1NE or 1N or rice and a city 1W of the grass Gems. Trade for IW asap. (city 1W of gems does not have to be settled 2nd unless we are pressed but honestly there are not great options right now)'

^^Bizzy can be good for worker stealing as well.

I don't have any great suggestions for alternatives atm, but the sugar site basically just gives a 3F city tile and a couple of mines along with a bunch of jungle and a cow that likely can't be worked until Alpha.

BW will finish before the settler though and that could greatly influence the 2nd city location.

Meeting on T3 could be slightly deceptive since we both had scouts. He's still probably pretty close, but there could be ~12-14 tiles between capitols. Trying to locate him seems like a good idea though to explore the possibility of teching AH for a potential HA rush. Early AH makes the cow site very viable, and CRE would give us some flexibility in the exact location. It's going to take a long time to get a unit up there though so that could be an issue.

Not sure if anyone noticed yet, but there is accessible land to the East.

Yeah, while settling on sugar is great, I think that is a bit too far this early. Ofc, if copper is right next to it we can rethink. Again, I think we want a least one if not 2 cities overlapping the gems early. Copper will change things, ofc.

You know, with this start we can conceivably go AH>Writing>Alpha and trade for things like TW, POT, BW. We have enough bonus tiles to work to be productive and teching should be fast. I know from a food perspective AH is not offering much, but ...well...there aint much food to be had anyway outside are cap so Cows are looking more attractive than usual...and at least it's green cows. Plus, horses may be better to find right now that copper.

HA rushing Bis is tempting, especially since he's fairly close. Has someone done the culture trick to see if we can see his culture?

Izzy should be able to get to friendly very easily, so if Biz and Izzy are our only neighbors, HA rushing Biz will still leave Izzy as a trading partner.

A city between the rice and cows would be good. Two decent food tiles, and it could grab a gems. Another city could share the northern rice. So we do have some food options for cities.

I think we have enough beakers sunk into BW we need to finish it first before trying that though. Speeding settler with a chop wouldn't hurt either b/c gems aren't gonna give us much from a production stand point.

Top Bottom