1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Account Delete

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Zubareva, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Childress

Gary Childress Student for and of life

Maybe it seems like a sad reason to you but I can see legitimate reasons to quit if Zubareva feels strongly about something for perhaps reasons we are not cognizant of and the people she is around do not feel the same way. It's Zubareva's call. I can only hope that she sticks it out. :dunno:

2. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

But Gary, as you wrote yourself, she could have made her own thread about communism if she wanted to discuss her feelings. If the case is that she cannot be part of an online community where there are "reds", then she's really restraining herself in a rather extreme way.

That said, let me reiterate: Zubareva has not actually stated (to my knowledge) why she's leaving. In theory it could be about soemthing completely else.

3. Gary Childress

If this has something to do with what happened in the "Ask a Red" thread, then as you say she is maybe "restraining herself in an extreme way". Is it a "sad" reason to quit? I don't know. "Sad" seems a bit pejorative to me. I can think of reasons why I might be very put off by people arguing for a particular form of government. Maybe she or someone she knows has been negatively affected by members of that form of government or something. That could maybe leave a strong emotional distaste in my mouth.

But as you point out, who knows? So far it doesn't look like Zubareva is going to share her reasons with us. However, it seems to me that is ultimately her prerogative whether or not she wishes to do so.

4. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

how old was zubareva when comunism fell, how old??? she does not remember anything, or she is so young that she is born after comunism...so what is the problem, she heard people speaking about comunism, only heard them...

5. Gary Childress

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Zubareva from Russia or one of the former Soviet countries? I would imagine there is a lot of strong emotion over the topic there. Communism was not that long ago for them. Some still want it back and some don't. If a young Jew in Israel can have strong feelings against Nazism I would think some young Russians might have strong feelings toward what they perceive as having been communism. Just because one didn't personally live through something doesn't mean the effects of that period don't leave a strong impression on those born afterward. And the Soviet Union was pretty bad for some from what I've heard. :dunno:

6. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

I believe she is from Russia, and I do not regard her age as a material issue, as if her parents were sent to the Gulag, that would clear include her as well. She is a gifted designer and creator, and the site would clearly be poorer without her.

7. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

This, and the fact that that none of us here should be penalized for someone else's actions was my point. But as Yoda Power said, we really have no idea why she has decided to leave. I really hope she stays, but it is her call for her reasons.

8. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

By the way, Gojira, how are you doing?

9. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

Three unfair things going on here:

- All those good people, who have absolutely nothing to do with Zubareva's reasons for leaving the site, losing out on all she has to offer and has offered.
    - Zubareva herself losing out on all that those good people have to offer her.
    - Talking about Zubareva 'behind her back'.

Seems a disproportionate response, if you ask me, but each to their own.

Adios / see you again in due course, whichever may apply. :hatsoff:

10. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

yeah, maybe blue monkey should close this sad thread, it only harms the community...:sad:

11. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Well she obviously wanted the attention by making this thread in this section in the first place. That's all this thread is, really. I agree it should be closed though, because she requested it in this thread. She should probably message multiple mods though if she wants that to happen.

Also, as for people who think this is talking about her behind her back, it's talking about her right in front of her. This is her thread. I appreciate what she has done, but I don't, and shouldn't, take that into account when I say this thread is stupid. It's like all those people who quit MMOs and go on the forums saying "I quit!" simply because they want attention. And yes, I know I'm giving it to her by posting in this thread.

12. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

Healing. Can type in short bursts now with right hand, much easier than the the left-handed hunt and peck. Arm is still the color of a Warhammer unit though...

13. Gary Childress

Wow! What happened Gojira54? Were you in an accident? If so hope you have a speedy recovery.

14. Rambuchan

Yes, you are absolutely right. I guess there are only two unfair things going on then. That's the problem with being polite: You don't tell it like it is. So, if the truth be told, the whole thing is one ridiculous, disproportionate, ill conceived, selfish, juvenile hissy fit. One which will in time be regretted by Zubareva more than anyone else.

15. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

Based on the fact that she was last on the forum at Jul 30, 2013 09:20 PM, she has not see any of the comments made after that.

16. Gary Childress

Well, if she just wanted attention it looks to me like she would have come back periodically to check what was going on in the thread. Since she hasn't logged in since July 30, it doesn't appear she cares that much what is going on. It looks to me like something must have really ticked her off and she doesn't want to have anything more to do with the forum. I suppose the only "stupid" thing in this thread is that I was hoping things weren't that bad and she would change her mind. Apparently not. But maybe in a few more days she will cool down and decide to return...or not.

17. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

You don't have to log in to view the forums you know.

18. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Sorry here I have to disagree completely. She earns our respect, as you do it, too (especially when you write better posts as the one above). When I offered here my support, this especially includes to help her for another start if she wants it (so it could be, that here you are wrong, too).

19. Rambuchan

Sorry but what are you saying? It's not very clear and I don't really understand.

20. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Super Moderator

I'm closing this thread as it's not appropriate for C&C.

I hope you don't leave. However, if you do, we don't generally delete accounts. So when someone leaves it's simply a matter of them choosing not to log in, and that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.