Achievement save files for Civ VI

dw914

Chieftain
Hi folks - a basic search hasn't turned up any results for achievement save files for Civ VI yet, in the same vein as the "Achievement Saves for the Lazy ..." thread for Civ V, so I was wondering if there was any interest in starting one now.

I know it's important to come bearing gifts, so I'm attaching one I created that should trigger two of the rarest achievements: Luftballoons (Use a bomber class unit to detonate a nuclear device, as long as its base and 9 Observation Balloons are located on the continent of Nena at the time of detonation) and Seven Wonders of the Post-Apocalyptic World (Launch a weapon of mass destruction with a unit and have it pillage seven wonders).

How to get these two achievements: move the save file to your saves folder, typically in your user documents folder under My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization VI -> Saves -> Single. Then open the save in-game, select the Bomber in the airport east of Aachen, and use WMD Strike (Thermonuclear Device -- not just Nuclear Device) on the closest mountain southwest of Aachen, one tile to the east of Potala Palace. My wonder placement was far from ideal, but it got the job done.

I think this should trigger both achievements, but I got Luftballoons first with a smaller nuclear device, so let me know if this single action does not work for both.

Since I first wrote up this post, I also created a save file to get Civ 6 Civets System for triggering 5 Civic boosts in one turn. In that save file, you'll need to end turn (2 boosts from district and wonder), create a pantheon first, and then a religion using the Great Prophet on Stonehenge (2 more boosts), and finally use the builder to put down a farm (1 boost). Ignore the barbarian encampment -- you can't quite kill it but won't need it either.

I also have general tips for speed-clearing a lot of the achievements without needing to share save files - in other words, I don't think it is worthwhile to post saves for many of the following achievements:

- all "win with X civ", "win on X difficulty", "win while starting in X era", "win on X map" achievements can be obtained in one turn. In customized game advanced setup, simply allow only Score victories, and set a turn limit of 1 turn (default is "based on game speed", and when you change it to turn limit, you'll have to change it from 500 down to 1). You can pick whatever difficulty and map settings you like. As long as you plop down your city, you should win most of the time. The safest course is to pick someone like Peter (Russia) since he gets extra Score for extra tiles, and pick the AI to be someone who does not get an early Score bonus, to get your Deity win. Then you can scale the difficulty back down and win in this fashion with all other leaders.

- win any religious victory is easy in a duel against Kongo.

- Selfie and Island Hopping are both probably worth creating achievement saves for, but they're pretty easy in duels against Settler difficulty AI. For Island Hopping, you need a Huge map but can delete all the AI civs except for 1 to make it faster and easier. Later era starts are useful since you have more tourism options and exploration technology right off the bat, respectively. Unfortunately I didn't keep my save files for these, but they were fast to get, and I could try to create them again if I have time.

Speaking of time, though, part of the reason these threads interest me is that I don't have a lot of spare time for achievement hunting, so it's nice to put together a collaborative effort for those of us who are busy, lazy, or just obsessive completionists.

I freely admit I am no posting veteran here -- I mostly lurk -- so if someone else wants to take up the mantle of creating a more organized and aesthetically appealing thread like this, please feel free to do so. Just be sure to include my save files as part of the contribution!

Thanks, and happy achievement hunting.

Attachments

• nuke achieves.Civ6Save
    316.1 KB · Views: 5,310
  • civets.Civ6Save
    212.5 KB · Views: 4,641
I can confirm one nuke gets both achievements from the first save. For my contribution, please see attached for a save to get the Trans-Siberian Railroad achievement, which seems to be rare at the moment. Just select the trader in St Petersburg, use it for the route to Voronezh (67 hexes), and then end the turn.

Attachments

• Railway.Civ6Save
    418.4 KB · Views: 4,833
Works like a charm, thanks!

Some other helpful ones would be 100th Anniversary and Pizza Party, but I won't have time to try to spam maps to find those achievements until at least this weekend, if not later. In the meantime I may try to get a few of the other ones I don't have that don't require a lot of map re-rolls. If others take interest, maybe we can get a good collection of saves going here.

Hey mc_norris, in your Pizza Party file, I noticed you can easily get Silver Anniversary (Posses 6 Silver luxury resources) by improving all of the Silver tiles near your cities. So I left Da Vinci alive and improved those tiles, so now you can use this save file to get both achievements! Move Da Vinci to NY's IZ and use him for Pizza Party, then end turn. When the next turn starts, you'll get the achievement for Silver as well.

Attachments

• PizzaPartyAndSilver.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,416
Here is one for the Flight Slingulator achievement.

Nice, I was planning to make one for both District 12 and Flight Slingulator tonight (Ancient start for Slinger, Online speed to race through the ages building every district and Colosseum along the way), but perhaps now I'll just go for District 12 by itself which would mean a Classical start (required to get Colosseum, I think). Assuming someone doesn't beat me to it, which is possible because I may not have time until the weekend.

Couple of extras - Viking raid / Capture a settler with a longboat (just declared war on Russia and capture their settler up in the north of the map), and Origin of Species (just activate Darwin, who is at the Galapagos Islands just north west of Mohenjo-Daro).

Attachments

• Capture Settler.Civ6Save
    472.6 KB · Views: 4,219
  • Darwin.Civ6Save
    612.7 KB · Views: 3,164
What I should have included in the Flight Slingulator game was the clean up fallout with a Roman Legion achievement, but I forgot to do it with Rome. Maybe next time.

Your Slingulator save can be used for Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition (Launch an Inquisition as Spain) by buying an Apostle with faith, hitting Next Turn, and then using it to Launch Inquisition. Not that it's a particularly difficult achievement, but I hadn't gotten it yet, and it was conveniently one turn away!

Here is another file with two achievements, possibly a third:

Legends of the Hidden Temple (Build a Colossal Head adjacent to a Holy Site with a Temple) - use the active builder to build a Colossal Head where he stands.
District 12 (Build every district type in one city and the Colosseum) - simply press Next Turn.

Within a few turns, you might also get Repo Man (Steal a Great Work of Art and don't get caught) since I think there is a spy in the process of attempting to steal. However, I got that one a long time ago, so I may be mistaken. The biggest factor is the RNG - you may need to try with a few different spies until you succeed.

I was also working toward 12 Olympians, but HF22 posted it already so I aborted that plan! :)

Attachments

• HiddenTempleDistrict12.Civ6Save
    392 KB · Views: 3,365
Top Bottom