Adding/removing civs

Zygmunt

Warlord
I've been playing around with https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/earth-1790-ad.246644/ this mod right here for personal use, i don' want to make it look like it was mine because it was created by Lokolus.

I wanted to do a 1750 start date and of course it's pre USA pre Columbia. I got rid of those two civs in the world builder but they keep popping up in game after 4 or 5 turns, in weird places and out of thin air. Ive also tried to erase them in the world build save file but they still pop up in game.

So what am i doing wrong? Maybe if i knew how to i'd turn them into bavaria and poland.

That was frustrating watching columbia and US pop up right when i was getting into the game. No problem, i Just turned it into a little 1775 scenario

Can't seem to copy and paste so heres the file itself

EDIT Perhaps there's more than just the map coordinates after the initial stuff such as tech and country names. Forgot to check!

EDIT I deleted the world builder upload. I have something going i like alot better

Last edited:
So is this what's needed for erasing a civ? Plug in the former civ's number as so?

BeginPlayer
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Team=17
EndPlayer

EDIT No can do. Plugging this in ruins the map in several ways

Last edited:
So i really want to take an existing mod and change it up for personal use. So once you change cities in the world builder and the selected civ is gone how do you stop it from popping up somewhere on the map 5 turns later?

You need to upload the WorldBuilder file that you are trying to use. Otherwise, you can't really expect that somebody will be able to help you with this.

Remember this is Lokolus' 1790 AD mod. I was trying for 1750 but had to go 1775 because I couldn't seem to mod out the USA or Columbia successfully. I did with the in game world builder and also the notepad editing for the saved world builder but Columbia and the USA would still pop up regardless. Taking over other civ's colonies

Attachments

• 1775 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
There are probably events in that mod that do that via code. So you'd have to edit those out as well.

This is just a scenario, not a mod. All that was in the zip file was Earth 1790 AD, the worldbuilder save

What i did was checked out https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/earth-1500-ad.463329/ that mod, that i've done a fair amount of editing to and also saw how easlily Byzantium was converted to Poland - Lithy. So I just plugged in Poland instead of USA and plugged in Bavaria instead of Columbia. I also used the world builder to add some territory besides city tiles but after the first turn was completed i saw back to city tiles it was for both countries. So what building that have culture can i insert to keep these two countries expanded besides their city tiles?

And this let me scale the date back to 1750. Youre right, i think i forgot to erase the technology brackets instead of just the country info

Ok, here's 1750 AD for what it's worth. Let me start off by saying this is NOT my mod, but a mod by Lokoius. This is about as much as i can stand from the time period. Poland - LIth and Bavaris quickly loose the national tile i gave them to just owning a city's tile, but fixing that is beyond me

Ok, I've played around with it some more. Gave Christian cathedrals to all cites in Poland - LIth and Bavaria's one city. Took away Christian cathedrals for neighboring non polish cities near Poland - Lith. Tile ownership wise Poland is holding its own, Bavaria and their one city of Munich still only has the city tiled owned after i end the first turn

Attachments

• 1750 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
And this would be how to mod out a civ in the technology/relations part at the very beginning of the world builder file?

BeginTeam
TeamID=16
ContactWithTeam=16
RevealMap=0
EndTeam

Top Bottom