Advanced Nukes Mod

Okay, someone mentioned about launching all nukes at once. This is fine, but what about making it a dialog book where you have the option to launch a pecentage of your nukes as well. Then you set the slider and click okay and it fires off 5% to 95% of your nukes once you hit the button if you don't select all. Just a thought, Healz.

Okay, someone mentioned about launching all nukes at once. This is fine, but what about making it a dialog book where you have the option to launch a pecentage of your nukes as well. Then you set the slider and click okay and it fires off 5% to 95% of your nukes once you hit the button if you don't select all. Just a thought, Healz.

What you described is the Mutually Assured Destruction nukes mod (MAD). I currently do not have this mod incorporated with ANM at the moment, so all nuke launching is manual right now. The latest updated version is for BTS 3.15 however I am currently working to update it to BTS 3.19 with RevDCM as a base. I personally have not played with this mod but what I have read is that you have the option to send all your nukes but you don't have to. You can assign each nuke to target any particular city you want so when that city launches a nuke, any of your nukes targeting that city will launch automatically. What makes this mod particularly devastating with ANM is that with all the different types of nukes, anything is possible. You can turn an entire country into a nuclear wasteland, a large freshwater lake, a condemned bio hazard, or just turn it into your own population.

Ok, yes I knew about MAD but was hoping it could be expanded on. Same thing potentially with air-defence and armed forces. A threat thing listing levels in the military advisor that go from Defcon 5 to Defcon 1 would be cool.

Ok, yes I knew about MAD but was hoping it could be expanded on. Same thing potentially with air-defence and armed forces. A threat thing listing levels in the military advisor that go from Defcon 5 to Defcon 1 would be cool.

One step at a time. Currently I'm trying to update MAD and since it is a very complex mod it will take a while to understand it to even begin to expand upon it. Besides, it's not necessarily a threat thing to begin with, it's just a mod that will launch nukes if launched upon. My current goals are:
1. finish iSpread tag to features XML
2. finish updating/merging MAD
3. fix any minor bugs in ANM
4. start on RoMiS mod

Okay, okay, I do tend to get ahead of things a bit. So the intention is to release a version of Advanced Nukes Mod 2.1 that incorporates MAD mod, correct?

Okay, okay, I do tend to get ahead of things a bit. So the intention is to release a version of Advanced Nukes Mod 2.1 that incorporates MAD mod, correct?

Well the MAD incorporation will be version 2.2 and so will the new XML tag iSpread, but my guess is that this version won't come out for a while since I'm still debugging the new DLL for MAD since the last updated version was for BTS 3.15.

EDIT: I put this in RoM in Space thread too:

I am very sad to say that MAD may be in worse shape than I had imagined to be even updated to BTS 3.19 and as some of you may know MAD is one of my goals and is a little higher in my priorities than RoMiS. As a result of this, I am going to delay MAD work indefinitely until I know exactly what I am doing. This means that it is now last on my priorities and RoMiS is one step closer to being started on. So work will begin on this modmod right after I finish adding the iSpread XML tag for ANM.

last version of A.N.M. is conflicting with ROM 2.8 full.
the religion screen does not show on the right way.
Some other conflicts are mentioned at the start of a game.

@cha dawn:

ANM 2.15? Because I just installed it with 2.8 Full and I got no such error messages.

Kudos to Civ Fuehrer btw., really digging this - only thing that's better than destruction is mass destruction!

version 2.15 did not work on my pc
i installed it on prgfiles/civ4/bts/mods/Rise of Mankind
In modules it created a directory.

@ cha dawn
Sorry man, no idea why it won't load if you installed it to the RoM folder

ANM Multiplayer Edition will be released soon!
Just as clerification: ALL ANM VERSIONS ARE MP COMPATIBLE
However, the Rise of Mankind 2.8 core (RevDCM 2.6) is not multiplayer compatible therefore making the ANM attached to that version invalid for multiplayer games. ANM: ME is a temporary version that is compatible with the last MP stable version of RoM, which would be RoM 2.71 but it has all the fixes and additions of later ANM versions.

I tried to install your mod but nothing happened. Any chance of a non-installer version? Not a real problem as I rarely get to build nukes and I should be working on some mods anyway ;)

Sure, but you'll have to sort through all the python files to see which ones should or shouldn't be installed so it's compatible with Afforess's since that's what the installer does automatically. What do you mean nothing happened? The installer didn't launch? the files didn't install? might want to try to re-download if that's the case.

Sure, but you'll have to sort through all the python files to see which ones should or shouldn't be installed so it's compatible with Afforess's since that's what the installer does automatically. What do you mean nothing happened? The installer didn't launch? the files didn't install? might want to try to re-download if that's the case.

I installed a clean RoM 2.8, then Afforess' 1.4beta8, then ran your installer. It ran asking for directories etc. The bar filled with green and finished normally. However there is no stuff in the directories. Then I had to copy all my stuff over including the python I am working on ;). Don't worry I try again once I get the ShintoAndShamanism mod working.

Oh, I think I see the problem. You might have accidentally installed the modmod in the mods folder instead of in the RoM folder. I find it rather confusing myself but look in the BTS/Mods folder itself for an extra Assets and ANM readme.txt.

i just installed this mod on rom2.8 and i get no religion screen. had no problems with the religion screen before installing this mod
i also get this when starting my game
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

I'll check that file and see what's going on.

EDIT: speaking of which, what modmods did you have installed before mine?

Top Bottom