Advanced Nukes Mod

Oh, I think I see the problem. You might have accidentally installed the modmod in the mods folder instead of in the RoM folder. I find it rather confusing myself but look in the BTS/Mods folder itself for an extra Assets and ANM readme.txt.

No that wasn't it, I must have dome something on the folder selection screen as it ended up in my temp directory:confused:. This is OK because I now have my own non-installer version that I can merge with all the modmods I use ;)

No that wasn't it, I must have dome something on the folder selection screen as it ended up in my temp directory:confused:. This is OK because I now have my own non-installer version that I can merge with all the modmods I use ;)

Okay, but as I said you have to sort all the python files so it doesn't produce an error when trying to run it with afforess's modmods.

Okay, but as I said you have to sort all the python files so it doesn't produce an error when trying to run it with afforess's modmods.

Beta9 checks to see if your mod is their, and doesn't install over it, if it is...

Yes, but if people install my mod after yours in an un-orderly fashion then it's all bad.

Yes, the fix is slightly annoying, but I can show you how to check if a file is there, back it up, and then revert to the old file. It's just a bunch of stupid condition tricks in the install window...

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling this mod and still had the exact same problems
i do however have all the nukes

Now I am getting the same problem as cha_dawn. The religion screen is not working!

RoM 2.8 Full, Afforess 1.4beta9, ANM 2.15, my changes to XML to chop trees back to Bronze Working and my preferred max number of wonders per city. I had not yet gotten to generalstaffs' stuff or my mods!

I will see if I can narrow it down to exactly when it goes awry.

Religion screen works fine on Rom 2.8 and Beta9. Not my fault.

*ducks*

Those are the lines that ANM added, so I'm guessing ANM's python is not sound...

Yes, first off the error was occurring at
Code:
	<!-- Rise of Mankind -->
[B]	<events module="SettlersEventManager">
	</events>[/B]
	<events module="WarPrizes">	</events>
	<events module="WorldFair">	</events>
	<events module="NukeAfterEffects">	</events>
	<events module="CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager">
	</events>
	<!-- Rise of Mankind end -->

So I removed those two lines and now the error is pointing to NukeAfterEffects. About to remove that to see...

Edit: commented out the NukeAfterEffects line but still the Religion screen is not working. Now to go back one more step to just RoM 2.8Full and Afforess 1.4beta9.

Edit: The religion screen works fine with RoM 2.8Full and Afforess' 1.4beta10. Rats, I installed the wrong one of Afforess' this means that I will need to install ANM again to see if I am still getting the wrong religion screen!

AAAAAAARGH! It works fine! - no it didn't - it ANM did not install again! - I am going to have a nice cup of tea and read a book for awhile.

Bad religion screen seems to be directly related to ANM.

I installed RoM 2.8Full, applied the HotFix, installed Afforess' 1.4beta10. No problem with the Religion screen.

I re down loaded ANM 2.15 and installed it not changing anything. It installed an assets directory in my mods file not the mods\Rise of Mankind folder. So I moved that directory into Rise of Mankind replacing all. The religion screen is wrong and I get the error messages at start up as per attached diagram.

Lines 119 to 127 of init.xml are
Code:
	<!-- Rise of Mankind -->
	<events module="SettlersEventManager">
	</events>
	</events>

I suppose the most immediate fix is to install ANM before afforess's modmods but I'll look into it more tonight.

So I moved that directory into Rise of Mankind replacing all.

That's the thing you shouldn't do. Since Afforess's stuff isn't in the mods folder like what you installed it to, Afforess's dummy files are installed so when you replaced all, it replaced Afforess's real files.

Hehe, I know what the problem is. Civ Fuehrer, you never updated your config file to 2.8, did you? Zappara changed some stuff. I updated mine anyway, so just steal mine, since it has your entry now too.

Yes, first off the error was occurring at
Code:
	<!-- Rise of Mankind -->
[B]	<events module="SettlersEventManager">
	</events>[/B]
	</events>
RoM 2.8 no longer has SettlersEventManager. I merged it to RoMEventmanager. So remove line: <events module="SettlersEventManager"></events> from init.xml

The only thing I hate about coding: long hours trying to figure out a bug only turning out it's something quite simple and your eye keeps slipping over it. Otherwise I love it.

Anyway, I changed the line and am fiddling with the installer some more to try and get it to work better.

Top Bottom