Advanced Nukes Mod

tried your new version and still have no religion screen and i now get a new error

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 281
tried your new version and still have no religion screen and i now get a new error

ARRGG![pissed]

Okay I'm reinstalling RoM 2.8 full to personally debug this thing.

EDIT: Well this blows... looks like something in RevDCM 2.6 broke ANM's python

ANM is now up and running as intended, fully compatible with RoM, able to be a standalone modmod for RoM and fully compatible with most if not all other modmods. My work can now continue more or less on schedule.

Yes but now your sig download link is broken. If it ain't 1 thing it's another! lol

Well it is rather more convenient than going to the first page of the thread. ;)

Found a bug :cringe:
EDIT: big bug, it won't change gameplay, but it isn't acting like it should.
EDIT2: and it will be all savegame compatible!

Found a bug :cringe:
EDIT: big bug, it won't change gameplay, but it isn't acting like it should.
EDIT2: and it will be all savegame compatible!

You mean a fix is coming up soon?

And save compatible?

You mean a fix is coming up soon?

And save compatible?

Oh no no no no, I'm tired of modding ANM right now, after slaving over this on the weekend I need a break from ANM. I was just stating that 2.17 will be savegame compatible since the files aren't anything that would affect it to change. Naw I'm gunna ignore the bug for now since it doesn't do anything but put up an error message in the game text box. Has to do with the improvementsBuilt code block but it doesn't harm the game one bit. I'm gunna try for the RoMiS screen now.

Oh no no no no, I'm tired of modding ANM right now, after slaving over this on the weekend I need a break from ANM. I was just stating that 2.17 will be savegame compatible since the files aren't anything that would affect it to change. Naw I'm gunna ignore the bug for now since it doesn't do anything but put up an error message in the game text box. Has to do with the improvementsBuilt code block but it doesn't harm the game one bit. I'm gunna try for the RoMiS screen now.

Cool. Good luck on RoMiS :D. Seems a complicated project but an exciting one if it succeeds :D!

Cool. Good luck on RoMiS :D. Seems a complicated project but an exciting one if it succeeds :D!

Thanks, but it's really not that complicated to me anyway. The hardest part is setting up the screen with the tabs that work. I would know how to do it if it were say in html, but this is python. Everything has to be done perfectly, painstakingly and sometimes gives errors that will take very long to figure out just to make one screen work perfectly. But after that's done, It's all downhill from there... just a horsehockyload of equations to portray as movement/growth in distant worlds.

Yea that's the bug I was talking about. I've tested it out and it actually doesn't do anything. But it is rather bothersome to get errors every turn. I'll have another look at it later today.

Yea that's the bug I was talking about. I've tested it out and it actually doesn't do anything. But it is rather bothersome to get errors every turn. I'll have another look at it later today.

It would be nice, and maybe reduce turn delays, if you get out of your code asap if there are no nukes (as defined by your mod) possible in the game. That would get rid of the error messages in the ancient era also:mischief:

Well I fixed the ImprovementBuilt bug but found another one when I tested it... But the knowledge that all this will definitely be worth while sometime in the untold future when I actually get to play is enough to keep me going. This other bug also doesn't affect gameplay in any way but the error it gives is only once when u start up the game... And scratch the savegame compatible, I changed a little something in the XML that I thought I had fixed a while ago but apparently the saves went wrong somehow.

Well I fixed the ImprovementBuilt bug but found another one when I tested it... But the knowledge that all this will definitely be worth while sometime in the untold future when I actually get to play is enough to keep me going.

Now you know how I feel when I add a new feature to the SDK...

I know tons more about C++ know than I did before though. But I still have so far to go.

I know tons more about C++ know than I did before though. But I still have so far to go.

Y'know this famous quote?
The more you know, the more you don't know.

This may apply to this as well :D. And this is good because it is an impetus to continue learning and growing :D.

FINALLY! A bugless version is now being built in my installer to be uploaded soon. I will pull V2.16 from downloads too since it was also buggy and v2.18 will be up shortly. Turns out Afforess's water animals dummy python file was causing an error so I had to redo it with less info in the file than what he had.

Top Bottom