• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Advertisements on money.

cubsfan6506

Got u
Ok I know this sounds a bit crazy but I think it's a great idea. Basically the idea simply is to put advertisement's on dollar bills printed by the treasury. To raise extra revenue for the government and stuff. Since the U.S printes 2,000,000,000,000 notes a year it could raise significant revenue. There could be six advertisements spot 3 on each side. If they could sell the advertisements for .25 cents each (Number made up out of thin air) they could raise 1.5 cents per billl printed. Since 2,000,000,000,000 multiplied by 1.5 equals 3,000,000,000,000$, Here is a concept dollar bill with the advertisements. I do only have a poor source for the 2 trillion printed so if anyone has a different figure could they please provide it to me. Here is a conept dollar:

Too bad coins don't have much space for adds :( (gov should go to coins).

I like where this thread is going. Don't we see enough ads?

Yeah but the government can clamp down on "false advertising" on other mediums.

Check out Lil' John's new album coming to a store near you on May 15th!

Hmmm they could charge a premium for the facial spot.

It is just going to end up with this at the top anyway.

Attachments

• yeah.gif
    yeah.gif
    102.4 KB · Views: 69
Nah, the gov't gets more of our spending-money than any corporation does already. And they don't even need to advertise!

Adverts don't tend to last as long as money does in circulation, methinks. It's a relatively cheap one-time investment for the companies, since they can pretty much free ride for a long time after that, so not going to generate much revenue anyway.

They could charge a yearly fee until the bill goes out of circulation.

I don't think there's any way they can tell beforehand when the bill goes out of circulation. Which company would want to sign a contract with no stipulated period and under which it is liable to continue paying (an expensive fee) whether or not it benefits?

This would add a whole new aspect to the collectiblilty of money...

Top Bottom